Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet plus USB 3.0 - Thunderbolt Adapter
Add a Gigabit Ethernet port and a USB 3.0 hub port to your Thunderbolt™-equipped MacBook® or Ultrabook™
Product ID: TB2USB3GE
- 1 x Gigabit Ethernet & 1 x USB 3.0 port (5Gbps), through a Thunderbolt connection
- Compact and durable case design with an integrated Thunderbolt cable, for maximum portability
- Supports Thunderbolt data rates of up to 10Gbps, with 2 dedicated PCI Express lanes (one per port)
The TB2USB3GE Thunderbolt™ to Gigabit Ethernet + USB 3.0 Adapter lets you expand your MacBook or laptop connectivity through a single, compact adapter with both Gigabit Ethernet and USB 3.0, delivering reliable performance, connection possibilities and rugged portability.
Fast, Reliable Performance
Experience fast, effective and reliable performance from your essential peripherals! Leveraging the 10Gbps bandwidth of your Thunderbolt port for this dual-purpose adapter gives you reliable 1Gbps Ethernet and 5Gbps USB 3.0 connectivity, while enabling you to use both to their full capacity.
To maximize efficiency, the Thunderbolt adapter separates traffic from each interface into its own dedicated 5Gbps PCI Express lane, effectively avoiding bottlenecks when both ports are in use. This practical adapter gives you fast, robust external connectivity, offered by revolutionary Thunderbolt technology.
Take full advantage of your current peripherals! Saving you the added expense of purchasing new devices, the adapter lets you simultaneously connect your existing devices through your Thunderbolt port. Combining Thunderbolt to Ethernet and Thunderbolt to USB 3.0 functionality into a single adapter gives you two essential interfaces that are unavailable or limited on most Thunderbolt-equipped systems, making it easy for business users and home users alike to stay connected.
Whether you’re in a boardroom with a weak WiFi signal, or in a hotel with only a wired network connection, this adapter has you covered. Plus, the USB 3.0 port (with UASP support) can be used to connect a storage device, USB hub, USB printer, or sync with your tablet or smartphone.
Get work done on the go, and look great doing it! A rugged and travel-friendly design lets you tuck the adapter neatly into your laptop bag, plus the lightweight casing merges portability with durability to offer quality protection that lets you take the adapter anywhere.
The sleek and stylish adapter aesthetically matches your MacBook Pro® or MacBook Air®, with a silver sandblast finish and black rubberized grips. Plus, the compact adapter requires no external power, and integrates a built-in Thunderbolt cable as well as hassle-free plug-and-play installation.
Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Add 2 essential connectivity ports to your Thunderbolt-equipped MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, laptop or Ultrabook™
- Connect to a wired, Gigabit Ethernet connection where wireless signals are limited or unavailable
- Add an extra USB 3.0 port to connect your peripherals at home, in the office or while traveling
Ingram Micro France
Tech Data - France
|Chipset ID||Intel - DSL2210
Broadcom - BCM57762
ASMedia - ASM1042A
|Industry Standards||IEEE 802.3i (10BASE-T), IEEE 802.3u (100BASE-T), IEEE 802.3ab (1GBASE-T), IEEE 802.1Q VLAN tagging, IEEE 802.3x full duplex flow control, IEEE 802.1P Layer 2 Priority Encoding, IEEE 802.3az (EEE – Energy Efficient Ethernet)|
|Interface||RJ45 (Gigabit Ethernet)|
|Compatible Networks||10/100/1000 Mbps|
|Full Duplex Support||Yes|
|Jumbo Frame Support||9.6K max.|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||10 Gbps (Thunderbolt)
5 Gbps (USB 3.0)
2 Gbps (Ethernet – Full Duplex)
|Connector Type(s)||1 - Thunderbolt™ (20-pin) Male|
|1 - RJ-45 Female|
|1 - USB Type-A (9 pin) USB 3.0 Female|
|OS Compatibility||Windows® 8, 8.1, 10
Mac OS® 10.8.4 to 10.13
|LED Indicators||1 - Ethernet Link Speed|
|1 - Ethernet Activity|
|Operating Temperature||-10°C to 55°C (14°F to 131°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 85°C (-4°F to 185°F)|
|Cable Length||130 mm [5.1 in]|
|Product Height||2 cm [0.8 in]|
|Product Length||78 mm [3.1 in]|
|Product Width||48.5 mm [1.9 in]|
|Weight of Product||71 g [2.5 oz]|
|Package Height||32 mm [1.3 in]|
|Package Length||14.5 cm [5.7 in]|
|Package Width||17.5 cm [6.9 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||157 g [5.5 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - Thunderbolt Adapter|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Mac OS® 10.8.4 to 10.13
Add a Gigabit Ethernet port and a USB 3.0 pass-through port to your laptop through a single USB 3.0 port
Add Gigabit Ethernet connectivity and 3 USB 3.0 Hub ports to a computer through a single SuperSpeed USB 3.0 port
Make Power-over-Ethernet-capable Gigabit network connections
Connect to your external solutions and transfer data at 10x the speed of USB 2.0
Frequently Asked Questions
When you troubleshoot issues with a network adapter, there are some quick tests that you can complete to rule out potential problems. You can test to make sure that the following components are working correctly and are not the source of the issue:
- Ethernet cables
- Network devices
- Computer system
To test your setup components, try the following:
- Use the Ethernet cables, network devices, and computer system in another setup to see if the problem is with the components or the setup.
- Use different Ethernet cables, network devices, and a different computer system in your setup to see if the problem persists. Ideally, you should test a component that you know works in another setup.
When you test your cables, it is recommended that you do the following:
- Test each cable individually.
- Use short cables when you are testing.
When you test the Ethernet cables, network devices, and computer system, it is recommended that you do the following:
- In Device Manager, check under Network Adapters. To open Device Manager, press the Windows key + R, type devmgmt.msc, and press Enter.
- If you are using a USB network adapter and you do not see the network adapter listed in Device Manager, refer to the following FAQ: https://www.startech.com/support/faqs/technical-support?topic=expansion-cards#usb-cannot-detect-windows.
- If you are using a PCI/PCIe network adapter and you do not see the network adapter listed in Device Manager, refer to the following FAQ: https://www.startech.com/support/faqs/technical-support?topic=expansion-cards#pci-pcie-cannot-boot-os-or-detect-windows.
- If you are using a CardBus/ExpressCard adapter and you do not see the network adapter listed in Device Manager, refer to the following FAQ: https://www.startech.com/support/faqs/technical-support?topic=expansion-cards#cb-ec-cannot-detect-windows.
- If the device is listed with an error, follow the instructions on the product page to reinstall the drivers.
- Check to see if your network devices (for example, a network switch, router, and so on) use compatible protocols (for example, 10/100, Gigabit, and so on).
- Make sure that the link LEDs on the adapter are illuminated when it is plugged into a network device. If the link LEDs are illuminated, it means that a good electrical connection exists between the devices.
- If you use a wall jack with an Ethernet cable, make sure that the jack is patched in properly.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.