2-Port Gigabit PoE+ Extender - 802.3at and 802.3af - 100 m (330 ft)
Extend two Power over Ethernet devices by 100 meters, or daisy chain up to four extenders for longer distance
Product ID: POEEXT2GAT
- Deploy, power, and access two Gigabit PoE-powered devices (PD) located 330 ft. away, and in locations where power outlets are unavailable
- Daisy-chain four extenders up to 500 m (1640 ft.) total range (reduced power output at each connection)
- Compact, wall-mountable, and rugged metal housing for convenience and reliability
This 2-port Gigabit PoE+ extender spans your Power over Ethernet (PoE) devices over longer distances, letting you double the 100 m limitation of a traditional PoE infrastructure.
Now you can connect two Gigabit PoE devices up to a maximum of 200 m away, so it’s easy to install a remote IP camera or access point where you need it. Plus, you can daisy-chain the extender for more scalability.
Unrestricted PoE+ range and convenience
Need more distance? This convenient two-port PoE+ repeater maximizes range and flexibility by extending your PoE connections by an extra 100 m (330 ft.), while providing 23-watt power output to two compatible devices. (The power output is shared between each PoE output port).
Simply connect the extender to your power sourcing equipment (PSE) and your PoE-powered devices (PD) and you’re all set. The extender is compliant with the 802.3at/af standard, so it will work with existing PSE, such as a StarTech.com PoE+ injector (POEINJ1G) or PoE+ switch (IES81000POE).
Daisy chain for longer distance and more flexibility
Still need more distance? If an extra 100 m isn’t enough, this full-featured PoE extender offers daisy-chain capability.
You can easily connect four extenders together, letting you install two PoE+ PDs up to 500 m (1640 ft.) away. It’s perfect for business, education, and retail environments. (Output wattage is dependent on the number of daisy-chained extenders used, and the number of connected PoE devices).
Convenient installation options and durable construction
Get up and running quickly. This 2-port Gigabit PoE+ extender can be positioned right where you need it, with a wall-mountable design that requires no external power adapter.
With its rugged metal housing and built-in ESD and surge protection, the PoE+ extender gives you reliable performance with little worry of downtime or failure.
The POEEXT2GAT is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Ideal for Wi-Fi® access points, IP phones, surveillance cameras, and kiosks where a power connection is not available
- Enable remote installation of two PoE+ devices over longer distance than conventional PoE range capabilities
- Perfect for SOHO, SMB, system integrators, and IT administrators
Ingram Micro Italy
Tech Data - Italy
|Industry Standards||IEEE 802.3af PoE, IEEE 802.3at PoE+|
|IEEE 802.3 10BASE-T, IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX, IEEE 802.3ab 1000BASE-T|
|Compatible Networks||10/100/1000 Mbps|
|Flow Control||Half-duplex back-pressure
IEEE 802.3x pause frame for full-duplex
|Full Duplex Support||Yes|
|Jumbo Frame Support||No|
|Maximum Cable Length||100 m [328 ft]|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||2 Gbps (Full-Duplex)|
|Power Output||up to 23W|
|Surge Protection||EN61000-4-2 (ESD) - 4kV
EN61000-4-5 (Surge) - 4kV
|Connector Type(s)||3 - RJ-45 Female|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|Note||Total extension distances can often be shorter due to power delivery voltage-drop on the connected cables. Maximum distances can vary based on the quality of the UTP cables and the environment.|
|Patents and Licenses||The following patents are licensed for this product. This list might not be all inclusive.
• United States Patent No. 5,406,260 (expired)
• United States Patent No. 6,650,622
• United States Patent No. 7,457,250
• United States Patent No. 8,155,012
• United States Patent No. 8,902,760
• United States Patent No. 8,942,107
• United States Patent No. 9,019,838
• United States Patent No. 9,049,019
• United States Patent Application No. 14/695,456
• United States Patent Application No. 14/726,940
|System and Cable Requirements||If your connected device does not meet the IEEE 802.3af or IEEE 802.3at PoE standard, then the POEEXT2GAT will not pass-through power to the connected device / Ethernet cable.|
|LED Indicators||3 - Port Link / Activity|
|3 - PoE Power|
|Output Voltage||52 ~ 56 DC|
|Power Consumption (In Watts)||3 W Max|
|Humidity||5~90% RH (Non-Condensing)|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-10°C to 70°C (14°F to 158°F)|
|Product Height||2.7 cm [1.1 in]|
|Product Length||14 cm [5.5 in]|
|Product Width||77 mm [3 in]|
|Weight of Product||239 g [8.4 oz]|
|Package Height||99 mm [3.9 in]|
|Package Length||16.9 cm [6.7 in]|
|Package Width||12.3 cm [4.8 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||367 g [13 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - Gigabit PoE extender|
|4 - rubber feet|
|1 - quick-start guide|
Scale your Power over Ethernet connection by 100m, or daisy chain up to four extenders for longer distance
Extend an Ethernet network over Coaxial cable up to 1.5 miles (2.4km)
Make reliable Ethernet connections in applications requiring CMR-rated cable
6 Port Unmanaged Industrial Gigabit Ethernet Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports and Voltage Regulation - DIN Rail / Wall-Mountable
Connect Gigabit Ethernet data and power to 4 PoE-enabled devices, with 2 additional GbE ports and redundant power input
8 Port Unmanaged Industrial Gigabit Power over Ethernet Switch - 802.3af/at PoE+ Switch - Wall Mountable
Connect power and Gigabit Ethernet data to 8 PoE-enabled devices, with 30W per-port output - Wall Mountable
Deliver power and data to four Power over Ethernet devices using this wall-mountable PoE+ midspan hub
Frequently Asked Questions
It is highly recommended that solid Ethernet cables are used with this product to make sure that the signal is as strong as it can be. This type of cable is great at preventing loss of signal strength, as long as great flexibility in the cable is not required. Stranded Ethernet cables are the most commonly used type of Ethernet cable, but this type of cable can result in a gradual loss of signal strength the longer the cable is.
Solid Ethernet cables are preferred if the cables are used behind walls from patch panels to wall jacks. Stranded Ethernet cables are preferable when you need shorter and more flexible cables. Good examples of this are when you need an Ethernet cable on the server side of the patch panel, or at workstations.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.