Slim USB 3.0 to HDMI External Video Card Multi Monitor Adapter – 1920x1200 / 1080p
USB 3.0 External Video & Graphics Card | Multi-Monitor | USB-Powered | Supports Windows®
Product ID: USB32HDES
The USB32HDES Slim USB 3.0 to HDMI Adapter turns a USB 3.0 port into an HDMI output with 1920x1200/1080p video support. The adapter minimizes clutter with a slim design that seamlessly blends with your video cable - an ideal space-saving solution for multi-monitor applications on Ultrabook™, laptop, or desktop computers.
Functioning as an external graphics card, this USB to HDMI adapter provides a convenient way to add multi-monitor capability to a USB 3.0-enabled desktop or laptop computer (optimal performance from USB 3.0, backward compatible with USB 2.0).
To save space while travelling, this ultra-portable USB to HDMI adapter features a lightweight, small footprint design that fits easily in a laptop carrying bag.
Leveraging the high-bandwidth (5 Gbps) SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface, the adapter delivers smooth, high-definition content to your HDMI display/projector. The adapter can be used to mirror your primary desktop, showing the same image on each display, or to extend your desktop to double your workspace and increase your productivity.
The USB32HDES is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
Recommended System Requirements:
CPU: Quad Core 2.4GHz or Higher (i5 recommended)
RAM: 4GB or higher
USB 3.0 Port (Backwards compatible with USB 2.0)
- Add a secondary HDMI display with full HD capability
- View large or multiple spreadsheets across several displays
- Use the adapter to connect your PC to your HDMI-equipped projector or display for viewing family pictures and movies
- Add multi-monitor capability to a single computer, to create engaging multimedia presentations
- Great for researchers and writers offering the ability to have reference material on one display and a working document copy on the other
- Run multiple applications on different screens - check your email on one display and search the web on the other
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Minimizes clutter, with a slim design that blends seamlessly with your video cable
- Ensures smooth, High-Definition video content, using a high bandwidth USB 3.0 connection
- Ideal for travel with an ultra-portable small footprint and lightweight design
Ingram Micro Singapore
|AV Input||USB 3.0|
|Chipset ID||Trigger - T5-302|
|Audio Specifications||2-Channel Stereo (48Khz)|
|General Specifications||This USB video adapter uses a Trigger family chipset. If you’re connecting this device to a computer along with additional USB video adapters or docking stations, please avoid using devices with a DisplayLink or Fresco family chipset.|
|Maximum Digital Resolutions||1920x1200/1080p|
|Supported Resolutions||Widescreen(16/32 bit):
1920x1200, 1920x1080, 1680x1050, 1600x900, 1440x900, 1360x768, 1280x800, 1280x768, 1280x720
1600x1200, 1400x1050, 1280x1024, 1280x960, 1152x864, 1024x768, 800x600
|Wide Screen Supported||Yes|
|Connector A||1 - USB Type-A (9 pin) USB 3.0 Male Input|
|Connector B||1 - HDMI (19 pin) Female Output|
|Microsoft WHQL Certified||Yes|
|OS Compatibility||Windows® 10 (32/64)
Windows 8 / 8.1 (32/64)
Windows Vista (32/64)
Windows XP (32/64)
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|Note||This USB video adapter uses a Trigger family chipset. If you’re connecting this device to a computer along with additional USB video adapters or docking stations, avoid using devices with different family chipsets, such as DisplayLink® or Fresco Logic®|
|Connect a maximum of five USB video adapters on a single computer. Support for multiple adapters will vary depending upon your system resources|
|This USB video adapter is not intended for graphical intensive applications, such as gaming|
|System and Cable Requirements||System Processor: Quad Core 2.4GHz (i5 recommended)
System Memory: 4GB
|Humidity||< 85% non-condensing|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-10°C to 75°C (14°F to 167°F)|
|Cable Length||2.4 in [62 mm]|
|Product Height||0.5 in [1.2 cm]|
|Product Length||7.5 in [19 cm]|
|Product Width||1 in [25 mm]|
|Weight of Product||0.9 oz [25 g]|
|Package Height||1.3 in [32 mm]|
|Package Length||6.9 in [17.5 cm]|
|Package Width||5.8 in [14.8 cm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||5.1 oz [144 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - Slim USB 3.0 Video Adapter|
|1 - Driver CD|
|1 - instruction manual|
Windows 8 / 8.1 (32/64)
Windows Vista (32/64)
Windows XP (32/64)
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
You may have heard of USB video adapters, and have been wondering what they are, and whether or not they will work in your setup.
USB video adapters are devices that take one USB port and go to one or many video connections, such as VGA, DVI, HDMI or DisplayPort. This is useful if you would like to add an additional display to your computer setup, but are out of video connections on your computer.
USB video adapters allow you to mirror or duplicate your display, so the same windows are shown on all of your displays, or extend your desktop, so that you can have different windows on each display.
So what do you need to know before you purchase a USB video adapter?
- USB video adapters require the computer to have a free USB port.
- Check which video connections your display has, and select the appropriate USB video adapter.
- Ensure that the USB video adapter is compatible with your operating system.
- USB video adapters require your video card to be able to handle an additional display. This is because USB video adapters work with your onboard or dedicated video card to drive additional displays. For this reason you are advised to confirm this with your video card manufacturer.
- Consider what you will be doing on the additional display. If you are looking to perform less graphically intensive activities like using Microsoft Office, email, or basic web surfing, you can use any USB video adapter. If you are looking to perform more graphically intensive activities like high end photo or video editing, you want a USB video adapter with dedicated memory.
There are a few other important things to note:
- When using multiple USB video adapters on the same computer, they need to use the same chipset family. For example, MCT/Trigger, DisplayLink or Fresco. Note: How many adapters you can use depends on the SKU.
- You may not be able to use a USB video adapter with an All-In-One computer. These computers are almost always hardwired to only accept a single display.
- You may not be able to use a USB video adapter with a touchscreen computer or display. A mixture of touchscreen and non-touchscreen devices can conflict with the video card.
- You should not use a USB video adapter to play video games. They are not designed for use with video games, and their performance with them is poor at best.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.