M.2 NGFF SSD to 2.5in SATA Adapter Converter
Convert an M.2 SSD into a 7mm high 2.5in SATA 6Gbps Open Frame SSD
Product ID: SAT32M225
Vastly increase system performance by adding the speed of an M.2 SSD in any 2.5" SATA application, with the SAT32M225 M.2 SSD to SATA adapter.
Utilize the full potential of your SATA III controller, with an M.2 SSD reducing your data transfer bottleneck with file transfer speeds up to 6 Gbps. M.2 SSDs can also save you money by reducing your power consumption over regular platter drives.
Help protect the health of your drive with an open-frame design that maximizes heat dissipation.
The SAT32M225 is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty, and lifetime technical support.
- Turn an unused M.2 (NGFF) drive into a regular 2.5in SATA solid state drive
- Retrieve/backup data from an M.2 (NGFF) drive with a standard SATA computer
- Access M.2 (NGFF) drives from an external source, such as a SATA drive enclosure or docking station
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Maximize system speed by adding M.2 SSD performance
- Help protect the health of your drive with an open-frame design that maximizes heat dissipation
- Reduce overall power consumption, with a high efficiency M.2 SSD
Ingram Micro Singapore
|Compatible Drive Types||M.2 (SATA, B-Key, NGFF)|
|Number of Drives||1|
|Supported Drive Height(s)||2230|
|General Specifications||Not compatible with M.2 NVMe or AHCI PCI-Express SSDs|
|Hot Swap Capability||No|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||6 Gbps|
|Type and Rate||SATA III (6 Gbps)|
|Drive Connectors||1 - M.2 (SATA, B-Key, NGFF) Receptacle|
|Host Connectors||1 - SATA Data & Power Combo (7+15 pin) Receptacle|
|OS Compatibility||OS independent; No software or drivers required|
|Operating Temperature||-40°C to 85°C (-40°F to 185°F)|
|Product Height||0.3 in [0.7 cm]|
|Product Length||3.9 in [10 cm]|
|Product Width||2.8 in [70 mm]|
|Weight of Product||1.3 oz [36 g]|
|Package Height||1.3 in [32 mm]|
|Package Length||5.7 in [14.5 cm]|
|Package Width||6.9 in [17.5 cm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||3.6 oz [102 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - M.2 NGFF SSD to 2.5in SATA SSD Converter|
|1 - Mounting screw kit|
|1 - Installation manual|
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
Although M.2 SSDs come in similar form factors, only an M.2 SATA drive with an NGFF B key will operate with this device. M.2 drives that are PCIe or have a different key position are not compatible with this device.
This device can adapt an M.2 SATA drive to standard SATA connections, which is not possible for a PCIe based M.2 drive. The key type refers to the connector type on the M.2 SATA drive. B key can be M.2 PCIe x2 or SATA, so it is important that you check the specifications of the drive to see if it supports SATA.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.