M.2 SSD to 2.5in SATA III Adapter – NGFF Solid State Drive Converter with Protective Housing
Convert an M.2 solid state drive into a standard 2.5in form factor 6Gbps SSD
Product ID: SAT2M2NGFF25
Vastly increase system performance by replacing your 2.5” SATA hard drive with an M.2 solid state drive, using the SAT2M2NGFF25 M.2 SSD to SATA adapter.
The M.2 to SATA adapter features an enclosed housing that adds protection to your NGFF (Next Generation Form Factor) SSD. The added protection gives you the peace of mind to confidently use your M.2 drive in applications that require an added level of durability such as hot-swap drive bays, or external SATA docking stations.
Using an M.2 SSD in place of a platter drive better utilizes the full potential of your SATA III controller, by reducing your data transfer bottleneck with file transfer speeds up to 6 Gbps -- an ideal solution for further increasing the performance of a HyperDuo array.
For wide compatibility with all of the common M.2 solid state drives, the SAT2M2NGFF25 supports multiple drive heights including: 2230, 2242, 2260, 2280.
The SAT2M2NGFF25 is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty, and lifetime technical support.
- Access M.2 drives from an external source, such as a SATA drive enclosure or docking station
- Retrieve/backup data from an M.2 (NGFF) drive with a standard SATA computer
- Turn an unused M.2 drive into a regular 2.5in SATA solid state drive
- Use an M.2 in any 2.5in SATA application
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Added protection for your SSD with enclosed housing
- Maximize system performance by replacing you 2.5in SATA platter drive with an M.2 SSD
- Broad compatibility with support for the most common M.2 NGFF SSD heights (2242, 2260, 2280)
Ingram Micro Singapore
|Compatible Drive Types||M.2 (SATA, B-Key, NGFF)|
|Number of Drives||1|
|Supported Drive Height(s)||2230|
|General Specifications||Not compatible with M.2 NVMe or AHCI PCI-Express SSDs|
|Hot Swap Capability||No|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||6 Gbps|
|Type and Rate||SATA III (6 Gbps)|
|Drive Connectors||1 - M.2 (SATA, B-Key, NGFF) Receptacle|
|Host Connectors||1 - SATA Data & Power Combo (7+15 pin) Receptacle|
|OS Compatibility||OS independent; No software or drivers required|
|Humidity||5% to 95% RH|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-10°C to 85°C (14°F to 185°F)|
|Material||Aluminum and Plastic|
|Product Height||0.3 in [0.8 cm]|
|Product Length||3.9 in [98 mm]|
|Product Width||2.7 in [68 mm]|
|Weight of Product||1.9 oz [54 g]|
|Package Height||1.3 in [32 mm]|
|Package Length||5.2 in [13.1 cm]|
|Package Width||6.4 in [16.2 cm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||4.1 oz [116 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - M.2 NGFF SSD to 2.5" SATA Adapter|
|1 - SSD mounting kit|
|1 - Housing mounting kit|
|1 - Mini screw driver|
|1 - Instruction manual|
Mount a 2.5in SATA hard drive to any computer with an available 3.5in bay
Mount two 2.5in SATA SSDs/HDDs into a single 3.5in drive bay
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
Although M.2 SSDs come in similar form factors, only an M.2 SATA drive with an NGFF B key will operate with this device. M.2 drives that are PCIe or have a different key position are not compatible with this device.
This device can adapt an M.2 SATA drive to standard SATA connections, which is not possible for a PCIe based M.2 drive. The key type refers to the connector type on the M.2 SATA drive. B key can be M.2 PCIe x2 or SATA, so it is important that you check the specifications of the drive to see if it supports SATA.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.