4 Bay 3.5" SATA / SAS Backplane for 3 5.25" Bays - Trayless
Hot swap up to four 3.5” SATA or SAS hard drives using three 5.25” bays
Product ID: HSB43SATSASB
- Hot swap drives between systems, using up to four 3.5” SATA or SAS drives in three 5.25” front bays
- Durable plastic and aluminum construction
- Trayless design for ease of use
This 4-bay 3.5" SATA/SAS backplane, installed into three standard 5.25” front drive bays, makes it easy to swap 3.5” SATA or SAS drives in and out of your server or desktop computer. It features a trayless design that saves you installation time and enables you to insert or remove drives as needed. With its durable plastic and aluminum construction, it provides a cost-effective solution for drive maintenance and interchangeability of data between multiple systems.
Hot-swap drives easily
This 4-bay backplane is ideal for IT professionals, such as system administrators or computer operators, for quickly swapping drives. With support for both SATA and SAS 3.5” drives, it saves valuable time in environments where storage drives need to be replaced or removed regularly, such as in server rooms and data centers.
The hot-swap backplane is a cost-effective solution for large deployments of system builds or upgrades, for organizations looking to stretch their IT budget.
Valuable drive protection
The protective backplane is engineered with a plastic and aluminum design to safeguard your drives. Two built-in fans and ventilation help to optimize heat dissipation, to help protect your drives.
Fast data transfers
To maximize the speed and performance of your drives, the mobile rack supports SAS I and II and SATA I, II and III, providing data transfer speeds up to 6Gbps when paired with a compatible controller.
The HSB43SATSASB is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Provides a cost-effective solution for building or upgrading computer systems for organizations such as government agencies, small-to-medium businesses, educational institutions, medical facilities, and military organizations
- Provides easy hot-swapping of drives in environments where drives need to be replaced or removed regularly, such as server rooms and data centers
- Ideal for use in industrial or enterprise storage applications such as data backup, recovery, and archiving
|Compatible Drive Types||SAS & SATA|
|Fan Bearing Type||Dual Ball Bearing|
|Fans||2 - 40 mm|
|Front Door Key Lock||Yes|
|Number of Drives||4|
|Number of internal 3.5 inch bays||4|
|Air Flow Rate||4.48 CFM|
|Hot Swap Capability||Yes|
|Insertion Rating||50,000 cycles|
|Max Drive Capacity||Currently tested with up to 10TB 7200 RPM hard drive|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||6 Gbps|
|Noise Level||21.13 dBA|
|Type and Rate||SATA/SAS 6 Gbps|
|Drive Connectors||4 - 29 pin SAS SFF-8482 Female|
|Host Connectors||4 - SATA Data & Power Combo (7+15 pin) Receptacle|
|Other Interface(s)||4 - 4 Pin Fan/LED|
|OS Compatibility||OS independent; No software or drivers required|
|LED Indicators||4 - Drive Power/Activity|
|Humidity||5% ~ 65%|
|Operating Temperature||0⁰C to 55⁰C (32°F to 131°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20⁰C to 55⁰C (-4°F to 131°F)|
|Material||Plastic and Aluminum|
|Max Drive Height||1 in [26.1 mm]|
|Product Height||5 in [12.7 cm]|
|Product Length||7.7 in [19.5 cm]|
|Product Width||5.8 in [14.8 cm]|
|Weight of Product||3.2 lb [1.4 kg]|
|Package Height||8.5 in [21.5 cm]|
|Package Length||10 in [25.5 cm]|
|Package Width||7.2 in [18.3 cm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||4.2 lb [1.9 kg]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - mobile rack|
|4 - SATA cables|
|4 - LP4 to SATA & LED power cable adapters|
|2 - SATA to SATA & LED Y power cable adapters|
|8 - installation screws|
|1 - quick-start guide|
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.