Discontinued - USB S-Video and Composite Video Capture Device Cable with Audio
Capture DVDs or VHS to your PC
Small and lightweight for portability or on the go applications
USB 2.0 transfer rates for high quality video capturing
Choose from MPEG 1 / MPEG 2 / MPEG 4 video encoding
May be in stock with Resellers/Distributors
This product has been replaced with:S-Video / Composite to USB Video Capture Cable w/ TWAIN and Mac Support (SVID2USB23)
The SVID2USB2 USB 2.0 S-Video/Composite video Capture Cable lets you connect devices that output S-Video or Composite video to a computer through an available USB 2.0 port. The cable also features two channel RCA stereo audio inputs that let you capture the audio accompanying the S-Video or Composite video signal.
The perfect solution for bridging a computer and an S-Video or Composite video source, the capture cable offers real time MPEG 1, MPEG 2 and MPEG 4 recording. Small enough to fit in the palm of your hand, the Capture Cable is a great solution for mobile applications that integrates seamlessly with laptop and desktop computers.
Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Supports NTSC, PAL and SECAM input formats as well as the selection of MPEG, WMV or AVI output file types offering flexibility
- Small, lightweight, USB powered device provides a sleek and portable video capture solution
- Free lifetime StarTech.com technical support
Common Customer Questions
View full OS compatibility
Windows® 8/8.1 (32/64bit), 7 (32/64bit), Vista(32/64), XP(32/64), 2000
- Convert VHS home movies to digital format
- Import recorded videos into your computer system for editing and make your own compilation
- Connect your VCR, camcorder, or any other analog video source to your desktop or notebook PC and capture your audio/video in MPEG 1/2/4 format
|Converter Type||Format Converter|
|Industry Standards||Video input - NTSC, PAL, SECAM
File Encoding - MPEG 1, MPEG 2, MPEG 4
|Maximum Analog Resolutions||720x480(NTSC) / 720x576(PAL)|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||480Mbps|
|Connector A||1 - USB Type-A (4 pin) USB 2.0 Male Output|
|Connector B||1 - Composite Video (1 x RCA) Female Input|
|1 - Stereo Audio (2 x RCA) Female Input|
|1 - S-Video (4 pin, Mini-DIN) Female Input|
|OS Compatibility||Windows® 8/8.1 (32/64bit), 7 (32/64bit), Vista(32/64), XP(32/64), 2000|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|Note||USB audio input is only supported with Windows XP and later. Previous operating systems will require audio input through a line in jack built-in to your sound card|
|The SVID2USB2 can record up to a maximum 120min of video at a time|
|Cable Length||34 in [864 mm]|
|Product Height||0.5 in [12 mm]|
|Product Length||42 in [1067 mm]|
|Product Weight||2.7 oz [76 g]|
|Product Width||1.2 in [30 mm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||1 lb [0.5 kg]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - USB Video Capture Cable|
|1 - Software CD|
|1 - Driver CD|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Share your opinions about this product
Thanks for sharing your opinions about the SVID2USB2. When writing your review, please focus on the performance and quality of this product. Your comments will help guide others. If possible, include examples of how you use the product, things you like or things you wish were different about it.
Average Customer Ratings
|Quality of Product|
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy:
- How can I tell if my video source will be compatible with this video capture card?
- Does this video capture card support the use of third party software?
- Can I use this capture card to turn my video camcorder into a webcam?
- Can this video capture card record from more than one input at a time?
- How do I install my SVID2USB2 adapter in Windows Vista / 7 / 8? (.exe method)
- How do I install my SVID2USB2 in Windows XP? (.exe method)
- The standard SVID2USB2 install (.exe method) was not successful in Windows Vista / 7 / 8, what should I do next? (.inf method)
- The standard SVID2USB2 install (.exe method) was not successful in Windows XP, what should I do next? (.inf method)
- How do I install my capture device in Windows 7 / 8 / 10? (.exe method)
- When I use GrabBee to record, I only get audio. What do I do?
- When I use GrabBee to record, I only get video. What do I do?
- When I use GrabBee to record, my video and audio are out of sync. What do I do?
- Can I use more than one SVID2USB2 on the same computer?
- Everything is hooked up but nothing is working. What should I do?
Drivers & Downloads
[eMPIA EM28xx] Windows USB Video Capture Cable.zip
- Country of Origin (COO)
- Letter of Conformity (LOC)
- Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive (WEEE)
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.
* Same day shipping is only available for orders shipping within the United States.
Startech.com - USB S-Video and Composite Video Capture Device Cable with Audio