Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Video Adapter Converter
Connect an HDMI® enabled display to a Mini DisplayPort® equipped PC or MAC
Supports PC resolutions up to 1920x1200 and HDTV resolutions up to 1080p
Easy to use cable, no software required
Compatible with Intel® Thunderbolt™
6207 | Canada:
We will transfer stock to fulfill your order at no extra cost. If the quantity shown for our US warehouse isn’t enough to fulfill your order, we will transfer the required stock from our Canadian warehouse.
The StarTech.com MDP2HDMI Mini DisplayPort® HDMI® Adapter Cable offers a cost-effective HDMI/Mini DisplayPort link, letting you connect an HDMI display to a device with a Mini DisplayPort output while saving the expense of upgrading the monitor for compatibility. The mDP adapter is the perfect accessory for your Microsoft Surface™ Pro 4, Surface Pro 3, Surface 3, Surface Pro 2 or Surface Book.
MDP2HDMI is a passive adapter cable that requires a DP++ port (DisplayPort++), meaning that DVI and HDMI signals can also be passed through the port.
Compatible with Intel® Thunderbolt™, when connected directly to a supporting DisplayPort over Thunderbolt™ I/O port.
This adapter allows for audio pass-through if supported by the video source. Please review the video source manual to confirm support.
Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Simple to use, small form factor converter makes Mini DisplayPort® backwards compatible with your existing HDMI® enabled display or projector
- No installation software or drivers required providing a simple plug and play solution
Common Customer Questions
- Ideal for digital entertainment centers, home offices, business conference rooms and trade show displays
- Keep your existing HDMI® monitor to be used with your new Mini DisplayPort® device
- Ideal for using your HDMI monitor as a secondary display
|ASI Distribution USA||88173|
|D and H||MDP2HDMI|
|Ingram Micro USA||CK9418|
|Audio Specifications||5.1 Surround Sound|
|Maximum Digital Resolutions||1920x1200 / 1080p|
|Connector A||1 - Mini-DisplayPort (20 pin) Male|
|Connector B||1 - HDMI (19 pin) Female|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|System and Cable Requirements||DP++ port (DisplayPort ++) required on video card or video source (DVI and HDMI pass-through must be supported)|
|Product Height||0.6 in [15 mm]|
|Product Length||3 in [76.2 mm]|
|Product Weight||2.1 oz [60 g]|
|Product Width||1.6 in [40 mm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||2.8 oz [80 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - Mini-DisplayPort to HDMI converter|
Connect a DVI monitor to a single-mode DisplayPort output from your computer
Share your opinions about this product
Thanks for sharing your opinions about the MDP2HDMI. When writing your review, please focus on the performance and quality of this product. Your comments will help guide others. If possible, include examples of how you use the product, things you like or things you wish were different about it.
Average Customer Ratings
|Quality of Product|
I am so happy with this product. Works great! Very happy customer.
Great value, works as expected
Better than the MDP2HDSW which is the same as this, only more expensive in that it does carry audio. Much cheaper that the official mac version too.
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy:
- Does this device also convert in the opposite direction?
- What is the difference between a passive and active DisplayPort converter?
- Does this device require me to install drivers, or perform any other setup tasks?
- Everything is hooked up but nothing is working. What should I do?
- The monitor is not getting a signal and there is no error on the monitor. What do I do?
- The monitor is not getting a signal and the monitor says “Out of Range.” What do I do?
- Why is my DisplayPort converter not passing audio?
Drivers & Downloads
- Country of Origin (COO)
- Letter of Conformity (LOC)
- Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive (WEEE)
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.
* Same day shipping is only available for orders shipping within the United States.
Startech.com - Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Video Adapter Converter