Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Video Adapter Converter
Connect an HDMI® enabled display to a Mini DisplayPort® equipped PC or MAC
Hassle-free connectivity with plug-and-play mDP to HDMI video adapter
Maximum portability with a small footprint and lightweight design
Crystal clear picture quality with support for high-definition video resolutions up to 1080p
Compatible with Thunderbolt 1 and Thunderbolt 2 ports
11572 | Canada:
We will transfer stock to fulfill your order at no extra cost. If the quantity shown for our US warehouse isn’t enough to fulfill your order, we will transfer the required stock from our Canadian warehouse.
This Mini DisplayPort to HDMI® adapter lets you connect your mDP computer to an HDMI, television, projector or monitor. The adapter works with Mini DisplayPort computers like your Ultrabook™ or Microsoft® Surface.
Easily connect your Mini DisplayPort computer to an HDMI display
The mDP to HDMI adapter lets you connect your Mini DisplayPort laptop, desktop or tablet to an HDMI display. The adapter is compatible with mDP ports as well as Thunderbolt 1 and Thunderbolt 2 I/O ports, and supports plug-and-play connectivity ensuring a hassle-free setup.
Works with HD TVs
The Mini DisplayPort adapter features a female HDMI connector that supports 7.1 audio, making your mDP computer fully compatible with an HDMI television or projector in your home or around your office.
Designed for maximum portability
The Mini DisplayPort to HDMI converter maximizes portability with a compact, lightweight design, making it the perfect travel accessory to carry with your Surface Pro or Ultrabook, fitting easily into your laptop bag or carrying case. This ultra-portable design makes this adapter perfect for BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) applications at the office.
Crystal-clear picture quality
With support for video resolutions up to 1080p, you’ll be surprised at the picture spectacular picture quality this adapter provides. The adapter harnesses the video capabilities built into your mDP connection to deliver every detail in stunning high-definition.
The MDP2HDMI is backed by a 2-year StarTech.com warranty and free lifetime technical support.
Common Customer Questions
- Keep the adapter with you while you’re traveling, to connect to HDMI displays at trade shows or in hotel rooms
- Connect your BOYD laptop to an HDMI office hot desk or boardroom projector
- Use your HDMI monitor as a secondary display
|ASI Distribution USA||88173|
|D and H||MDP2HDMI|
|Ingram Micro USA||CK9418|
|Audio Specifications||5.1 Surround Sound|
|Maximum Digital Resolutions||1920x1200 / 1080p|
|Connector A||1 - Mini-DisplayPort (20 pin) Male|
|Connector B||1 - HDMI (19 pin) Female|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|System and Cable Requirements||DP++ port (DisplayPort ++) required on video card or video source (DVI and HDMI pass-through must be supported)|
|Product Height||0.6 in [15 mm]|
|Product Length||3 in [76.2 mm]|
|Product Weight||2.1 oz [60 g]|
|Product Width||1.6 in [40 mm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||2.8 oz [80 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - Mini-DisplayPort to HDMI converter|
Connect a DVI monitor to a single-mode DisplayPort output from your computer
Share your opinions about this product
Thanks for sharing your opinions about the MDP2HDMI. When writing your review, please focus on the performance and quality of this product. Your comments will help guide others. If possible, include examples of how you use the product, things you like or things you wish were different about it.
Average Customer Ratings
|Quality of Product|
I am so happy with this product. Works great! Very happy customer.
Great value, works as expected
Better than the MDP2HDSW which is the same as this, only more expensive in that it does carry audio. Much cheaper that the official mac version too.
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy:
- Does this device also convert in the opposite direction?
- What is the difference between a passive and active DisplayPort converter?
- Does this device require me to install drivers, or perform any other setup tasks?
- Everything is hooked up but nothing is working. What should I do?
- The monitor is not getting a signal and there is no error on the monitor. What do I do?
- The monitor is not getting a signal and the monitor says “Out of Range.” What do I do?
- Why is my DisplayPort converter not passing audio?
Drivers & Downloads
- Country of Origin (COO)
- Letter of Conformity (LOC)
- Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive (WEEE)
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.
* Same day shipping is only available for orders shipping within the United States.
Startech.com - Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Video Adapter Converter