USB to DVI External Video Card Multi Monitor Adapter – 1920x1200
Connect a DVI display for an extended desktop multi-monitor USB solution
Supports resolutions up to 1920x1200
Includes DVI to VGA Adapter and supports the use of DVI to HDMI adapters
Works with desktop and laptop computers
No power adapter required, easy installation
1119 | Canada:
We will transfer stock to fulfill your order at no extra cost. If the quantity shown for our US warehouse isn’t enough to fulfill your order, we will transfer the required stock from our Canadian warehouse.
The USB2DVIE3 USB DVI Video Adapter offers a perfect external multi-monitor solution, enabling you to add a high-resolution (up to 1920x1200) external DVI output to your desktop or laptop computer system using an available USB 2.0 port.
A cost-effective solution for systems that lack the outputs required for a multi-monitor setup, this high-performance USB to DVI adapter can be used to mirror your primary display and show the same image on both screens, or extend your desktop to double your workspace.
This small form factor USB video adapter can be used with up to 4 additional (5 total) USB2DVIE3 USB video adapters, creating multiple DVI connections to add additional displays quickly and easily - all without having to open the computer case to add extra video cards.
Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Compact, USB powered adapter provides the easiest way add a high-resolution secondary or additional display to your PC
- Completely external device offers a simple upgrade solution saving the cost and hassle of upgrading the internal video card on your system
- The ability to use multiple adapters (up to five) provides a scalable display configuration for future expansion
Common Customer Questions
View full OS compatibility
Windows® 10 (32/64)
Windows 8 / 8.1 (32/64)
Windows Vista (32/64)
Windows XP (32/64)
- Add a secondary display adapter and extend your desktop display without taking apart your computer to install a new video card
- Add multiple (up to five) monitors/projectors to your computer setup using one USB2DVIE3 device for each additional display
- View large or multiple spreadsheets that span multiple displays
- A compact, lightweight solution for traveling business associates using laptop PCs enabling connection to a secondary display
- Connect multiple monitors to a single computer to create engaging multimedia presentations
- Use the adapter to connect your PC to your television for showing family pictures and movies
- Increase productivity by running multiple applications on different screens, check your email on one display and work on a document in the other
- Great for researchers and writers offering the ability to have reference material on one display and a working document copy on the other
|ASI Distribution USA||115538|
|D and H||USB2DVIE3|
|Ingram Micro USA||KZ8090|
|Chipset ID||MCT T2-285B|
|Industry Standards||USB 2.0 Compliant|
|Memory||32MB DDR SDRAM|
|General Specifications||This USB video adapter uses a Trigger family chipset. If you’re connecting this device to a computer along with additional USB video adapters or docking stations, please avoid using devices with a DisplayLink or Fresco family chipset.|
|Supported Resolutions||Widescreen(16/32 bit):
1920x1200, 1920x1080, 1680x1050, 1440x900, 1360x768, 1280x800, 1280x768, 1280x720
1600x1200, 1400x1050, 1280x1024, 1280x960, 1152x864, 1024x768, 800x600
|Wide Screen Supported||Yes|
|Connector A||1 - USB A (4 pin) Male Input|
|Connector B||1 - DVI-I (29 pin) Female Output|
|OS Compatibility||Windows® 10 (32/64)
Windows 8 / 8.1 (32/64)
Windows Vista (32/64)
Windows XP (32/64)
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|System and Cable Requirements||One available USB 2.0 port|
|Humidity||<85% RH non condensing|
|Operating Temperature||-10°C to 55°C (14°F to 131°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-25°C to 75°C (-14°F to 167°F)|
|Cable Length||19.7 in [500 mm]|
|Product Height||0.7 in [18 mm]|
|Product Length||3.5 in [88 mm]|
|Product Weight||3.8 oz [108 g]|
|Product Width||2.1 in [52.5 mm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||0.7 lb [0.3 kg]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - USB to DVI adapter|
|1 - DVI to VGA adapter|
|1 - driver and software CD|
|1 - instruction manual|
Connect a DVI display for an entry-level extended desktop multi-monitor USB solution
Connect a DVI display for an extended desktop multi-monitor USB solution using an all-in-one cable solution
VGA Cables (3)
Extend your VGA monitor connections by 6ft
Extend your VGA monitor connections by 25ft
Extend your VGA monitor connection without losing video signal quality
HDMI Cables and Adapters (1)
Connect DVI capable devices to HDMI®-enabled devices and vice versa
Video Cable Adapters (1)
Connect your VGA Display to a DVI-I source
Share your opinions about this product
Thanks for sharing your opinions about the USB2DVIE3. When writing your review, please focus on the performance and quality of this product. Your comments will help guide others. If possible, include examples of how you use the product, things you like or things you wish were different about it.
Average Customer Ratings
|Quality of Product|
Got the job done
This product worked great to set up a second monitor at home for my work from home job. I was please that it was easy to set up and a quality product. At one time the screen froze but I unplugged and re plugged in and the problem solved quickly. I was sent this item for free in exchange for an honest opinion. Hands down a breeze to connect and makes my job much easier.
I'm pretty satisfied with the adapter, but I do want to note that I received the adapter as a free sample. I think it's pretty self explanatory to set up, but the length of the adapter could be longer. For the most part, the adapter served its purpose, but there were a few times where I experienced display issues!
Response from StarTech.com:
Hello, Thanks for reviewing our USB2DVIE3 display adapter. We have several very helpful FAQs on our site that may assist in correcting the "display issues" you encountered while using this adapter. You can also speak with our technical advisors directly. They would be happy to help. Thank you
Easy to use
I was pleased with the adapter`s performance. I should mention that I received a free sample of this item to review. Installation was simple and the 2nd monitor worked fine. The USB connection was an easy way to add a 2nd monitor, however this did mean I had one less USB port to use for other things. I also wish the USB cord was slightly longer to allow more options where to place my computer and monitor. Overall I was happy with this adapter, but wish it was also compatible with Mac.
I received this adapter for free in exchange for my honest opinion, and it was just what I have been looking for. At work, we use up to 3 monitors at a time and with just a laptop at home, I could never really take advantage of our work-from-home option, as switching back and forth between windows is next to impossible for our projects. After receiving this adapter though, I can happily say that my work week is much less stressful now that I have the freedom to work from my home computer. It was very easy to install the drivers and I have not had any issues thus far with performance. It brought up a perfect 2048x1800 display on my second monitor and has remained stable and reliable.
Never had a single problem with it.
I use this device at work, connected to a docking station that shares 4 users. None of us have any problems. Very happy with it.
Don't bother just get a new video card
Bought a few of these for a client that had a mix of workstation and form factors. Thought it would be a easy solution to get dual monitors on all their workstations. The performance of this device is not very good. Users are just coping and pasting text from a word doc to email not like they are trying to game with them. Tech support recommends disabling Aero and all the eye candy features to get it to work somewhat better. I personally wouldn't use it so it's hard for me to sell it to my clients. #shouldofjustgotnewvideocards
Awsome for laptop workstations
Great functionality and ease of use to add multiple monitors to my laptop. My work requires me to travel with my laptop and multiple computers, desktop in the office and laptop for travel, is not an option. While I am in the office I am connected to a base station, providing me with 2 DVI ports. I also have 4 USB to DVI adapters for a total of 6 monitors. This is an awesome resource for multitasking. My teams work progress, my outlook calander, my CRM program, the internet, another computer accessed thru Team Viewer, my start menue / with phone controls and a call log entry window all open at the same time, available at a glance. Only 4 stars because I am having a difficult time displaying video on the monitors thru the adapter. this is a minor inconveniance. If i can get videos to play on all my monitors my rating will go to 5 stars.
Saves using a graphics card
Super little device to cheaply give you a 2nd screen, newer PC's might have display ports, but until then this is great. Very occasionally a browser window from one screen may jump to the other on my w7 machine. I'm not sure what clicking the "fixed position" mode does on the software that came with it. I will buy more for other PC's & laptops.
Super easy install, works fine
Got this for a client who wanted a 3rd monitor on his laptop for sticking outlook on. It's a USB monitor adapter so you can't expect to do anything fancy.. works fine. The install took about 2 minutes and worked properly right away.
Mac NOT supported
Why this company would make only some of their products available for Mac and then some not is beyond me.
Response from StarTech.com:
Thanks for your feedback. Since not all of our products are currently compatible with the Mac OS, we recommend checking the Technical Specifications section on each product page under OS Compatibility, or contacting our Tech Support team. If you're still looking for a USB to DVI adapter that's compatible with Mac OS, you might want to check out a similar product - our USB2DVIPRO2 (www.startech.com/USB2DVIPRO2) as an alternative.
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy:
- What is a USB video adapter, and how can I tell if it will work in my setup?
- How do I install my USB video adapter in Windows Vista / 7 / 8 / 10? (.exe method)
- How do I install my USB video adapter in Windows XP? (.exe method)
- How do I uninstall the USB video adapter from my computer?
- How do I mirror my primary display onto my secondary display in Windows?
- Everything is hooked up but nothing is working. What should I do? (Windows)
- I'm having problems with my web browser, Microsoft Office, or other Windows applications; what do I do?
- I only see the mouse cursor on my USB connected monitor. How do I resolve this issue?
- Why do I lose my additional monitor(s) when my computer wakes up from sleep mode in Windows?
- Why does one of my connected displays turn off when my USB video adapter is connected?
- Will my touchscreen / all-in-one computer work with a USB Video Adapter?
- Why am I experiencing issues with remote desktop software and USB video adapters?
- My mouse does not move properly between my monitors; what do I do?
- Why does my mouse pointer disappear on the secondary monitor?
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.
* Same day shipping is only available for orders shipping within the United States.
Startech.com - USB to DVI External Video Card Multi Monitor Adapter – 1920x1200