- New Products
- Laptop Docking Stations
- Display and Video Adapters
- Audio-Video Products
- Server Management
- Hard Drive Accessories
- Add-on Cards & Peripherals
- Networking IO Products
- Display Mounts and Ergonomics
- Laptop Locks
- Computer Parts
USB-C to USB-A Adapter - M/F - USB 3.0
Connect your USB Type-A device to a USB Type-C laptop, tablet or other device
- Simple connections through a reversible USB Type-C connector, which plugs into your device with either side facing up
- Thunderbolt 3™ port compatible
- Guaranteed reliability with our 2-year warranty
This USB-C™ to USB-A adapter lets you connect standard USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 devices to your USB-C equipped phone, tablet or computer. Simply plug the adapter into the USB Type-C™ port to turn it into a USB Type-A port, and you’re ready to connect your older devices. The adapter is compatible with USB 3.0 enabled computers, such as the Dell™ Latitude™ 11 5000 2-in-1, and more.
The USB31CAADG is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty for guaranteed reliability.
Note: USB 3.0 is also known as USB 3.1 Gen 1 (5Gbps).
Ingram Micro USA
|Type and Rate||USB 3.0 - 5 Gbit/s|
|Connector A||1 - USB Type-C (24 pin) USB 3.0 (5Gbps) Male|
|Connector B||1 - USB Type-A (9 pin) USB 3.0 Female|
|Product Height||0.3 in [0.9 cm]|
|Product Length||1.3 in [32.3 mm]|
|Product Width||0.8 in [21.5 mm]|
|Weight of Product||0.2 oz [6 g]|
|Package Height||0.4 in [11 mm]|
|Package Length||4.9 in [12.5 cm]|
|Package Width||3.5 in [90 mm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||0.3 oz [8 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - USB-C to USB-A Adapter - M/F - USB 3.0|
Connect your USB Type-C laptop to a USB legacy peripheral device, with this durable adapter
17590+ In stock
US: 16961 | CA: 629
Connect your USB Type-C devices
29+ In stock
US: 0 | CA: 29
USB-A to USB-C™ Cable | USB-IF Certified | USB 3.1 (10Gbps)
1216+ In stock
US: 762 | CA: 454
Connect USB Micro-B devices to your USB-C host, using this durable 1-meter cable
1593+ In stock
US: 1561 | CA: 32
Connect your USB Type-C devices to your laptop or desktop computer
871+ In stock
US: 406 | CA: 465
Connect USB 2.0 USB-B devices to your USB-C host
44+ In stock
US: 36 | CA: 8
Charge your USB 2.0 USB-C devices, such as your MacBook or Chromebook, from a USB-C AC wall charger
427+ In stock
US: 241 | CA: 186
Charge your USB 2.0 USB-C devices, over longer distances
2555+ In stock
US: 2166 | CA: 389
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
USB-C is a type of USB connector that is capable of supporting the following:
- Data transfer speeds up to 10Gbps, if you use USB 3.1.
- Bi-directional power delivery up to 100W, if both the USB host connection and the device support it.
- Alternate modes, which deliver different types of data at different speeds. For example, DisplayPort Alternate Mode (DP Alt Mode).
If using Thunderbolt 3 over USB-C, the connection is capable of additional features. For example, Thunderbolt 3 is capable of 40Gbps of total bandwidth. For more information, refer to the following FAQ: https://www.startech.com/faq/thunderbolt-3-port-capabilities.
Not all USB-C ports or devices are capable of supporting all of the features listed above, or all of the features at the maximum capabilities. If you require a specific USB-C feature, your USB host connection, cables, and device must all support the feature that you require. For more information about whether your components support specific USB-C features, refer to the information provided by the manufacturers.
Compliance and Safety
Warning: See Proposition 65 Notice
California Proposition 65 Warning
Warning: Cancer and reproductive harm — www.p65warnings.ca.gov
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.
* Same day shipping is only available for orders shipping within the United States.
Customer Reviews3.7 (3 reviews)
3.7 out of 5 stars
Quality of Product
Tell us what you think of this product.
Need a little help getting started? Check out our review guidelines.
(1 star) The USB-A end (female) is too tight to fit
Response from StarTech.com:Matt, Customer Support on 11/1/2019 2:44:47 PM
(5 stars) USB-C to USB-A M/F Adapter
(5 stars) Handy adapter to have on hand
USB-C to USB-A Adapter - M/F - USB 3.0
Product ID: USB31CAADG