2 Port ISA RS232 Serial Adapter Card with 16550 UART
Add 2 RS232 ports to legacy computer systems through an ISA slot
Supports COM1-COM7 and IRQ 3,4,5,9,10,11,12,15 settings for each port
Full jumper set to ensure compatibility with almost any PC system
Supports the RS-232 interface
237 | Canada:
We will transfer stock to fulfill your order at no extra cost. If the quantity shown for our US warehouse isn’t enough to fulfill your order, we will transfer the required stock from our Canadian warehouse.
StarTech.com's ISA-based RS232 Serial Card (16550 UART) can be installed in an ISA motherboard slot to add two RS232 serial COM ports, with support for data transfer rates of up to 460.8Kbps for peak serial device performance.
The ISA Serial Adapter Card includes drivers for DOS®, Windows® and LInux, and offers a full built-in jumper set to ensure easy configuration and broad compatibility.
A cost-effective solution for connecting serial modems, POS devices, PDAs, digital cameras, printers, ISDN terminal adapters and more, to a system, the ISA serial card is backed by StarTech.com's Lifetime Warranty and free lifetime technical support.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Built-in jumpers allow easy configuration to any free IRQ
- Data transfer rates of up to 460.8 Kbits/sec. for peak serial device performance
- Easy to install and use with full step-by-step instructions
Common Customer Questions
View full OS compatibility
DOS, Windows 95, 98, ME; Windows XP (32-bit, 64-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit, 64-bit); Linux 2.4.x
- Manufacturing (CNC machinery, process control equipment, bar code scanners, serial printers)
- POS (credit/debit card readers, receipt printers, bar code scanners, cash registers, scales)
- Consumer (modems, PDAs, digital cameras, printers)
- Security (UPS control, access key panels, video cameras, card readers, modems)
- Casino (video lottery terminals, slot machines)
- Environmental Control (lighting, temperature, clocks)
- Healthcare (patient monitoring equipment, nurses' stations, modems)
- Hotel Front Desk (serial printers, bar code scanners, keyboard, mouse, receipt printer, credit/debit card reader)
- Hospitality/Restaurant (credit card/debit card reader, serial printers)
- ISDN Networking
|ASI Distribution USA||88337|
|D and H||ISA2S550|
|Ingram Micro USA||221787|
|Card Type||Standard Profile|
|Chipset ID||ASIX/MosChip - MCS9820CV|
|Port Style||Integrated on Card|
|Max Baud Rate||460.8 Kbps|
|Connector Type(s)||1 - ISA (16-bit) Male|
|External Ports||2 - DB-9 (9 pin, D-Sub) Male|
|OS Compatibility||DOS, Windows 95, 98, ME; Windows XP (32-bit, 64-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit, 64-bit); Linux 2.4.x|
|Operating Temperature||-10°C to 80°C (14°F to 176°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 100°C (-4°F to 212°F)|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||0.3 lb [0.1 kg]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - I/O CARD|
|1 - Instruction Sheet|
Connect your computer’s serial port to a modem or switchbox
Extend your EGA monitor cable or mouse cable by 6ft
Connect two DB9 equipped serial devices
Connect your serial devices, and transfer your files
Transfer files via serial connection
Transfer files via serial connection
Convert a DB9 male port to a DB25 female port
Convert a DB9 male port to a DB25 male port
Share your opinions about this product
Thanks for sharing your opinions about the ISA2S550. When writing your review, please focus on the performance and quality of this product. Your comments will help guide others. If possible, include examples of how you use the product, things you like or things you wish were different about it.
Average Customer Ratings
|Quality of Product|
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I make sure my serial port is working in Windows?
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.
* Same day shipping is only available for orders shipping within the United States.
Startech.com - 2 Port ISA RS232 Serial Adapter Card with 16550 UART