1 Port Professional USB to Serial Adapter Cable with COM Retention
Add one serial RS-232 port with com retention to any laptop or computer with a USB port
USB to Straight-Through RS232 Serial Adapter
COM Port assignments maintained across reboot
Single cable design for portability
431 | Canada:
We will transfer stock to fulfill your order at no extra cost. If the quantity shown for our US warehouse isn’t enough to fulfill your order, we will transfer the required stock from our Canadian warehouse.
Same Day Shipping on in-stock items from USA if ordered by 5pm ET*
The ICUSB2321X Professional grade USB Serial Adapter cable converts a USB 2.0 port into an RS232 serial port allowing you to connect to, monitor and control your serial devices. A durable, single cable design makes this the perfect solution for mobile technicians/administrators that require serial connectivity. Once connected, the USB to serial adapter retains assigned serial COM port values, allowing the same values to automatically be re-assigned to the port provided by the adapter in the event it is disconnected, then re-connected to the host computer.
This innovative adapter offers a professional grade solution for connecting legacy or industrial RS232 serial devices to more modern computers, or computers with unused USB ports – perfect for connecting serial modems, barcode scanners or any device with serial sync through USB, eliminating the expense of upgrading the serial peripheral for USB compatibility.
Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Simple installation and operation with COM port retention provides robust serial connectivity for legacy devices with minimal hassle
- Easy plug and play installation with USB Powered device - no power outlet required
- Extensive list of compatible operating systems makes this device perfect for almost any RS232 application
Common Customer Questions
View full OS compatibility
Windows® XP, Vista, 7, 8
Windows Server® 2003, 2008 R2, 2012, 2016
- Perfect for IT Administrators looking to add legacy functionality to newer notebooks, PCs and servers that lack an integrated RS232 port
- Connect, monitor and control industrial/automotive sensors and equipment
- Connect bar code scanners, receipt printers and other point of sale devices
- Connect a satellite receiver, serial modem, or PDA with serial sync
- Connect and program LED and Digital signage boards with serial communication ports
|ASI Distribution USA||81375|
|D and H||ICUSB2321X|
|Ingram Micro USA||Q21154|
|Bus Type||USB 2.0|
|Chipset ID||Texas Instruments - TIUSB3410|
|Port Style||Cable Adapter|
|Max Baud Rate||230.4 Kbps|
|Connector Type(s)||1 - DB-9 (9 pin, D-Sub) Male|
|1 - USB A (4 pin) Male|
|OS Compatibility||Windows® XP, Vista, 7, 8
Windows Server® 2003, 2008 R2, 2012, 2016
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|System and Cable Requirements||One available USB 1.1 (or above) port|
|Operating Temperature||-10°C to 80°C (14°F to 176°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 100°C (-4°F to 212°F)|
|Cable Length||1 ft [0.3 m]|
|Product Height||0.5 in [13 mm]|
|Product Length||16.5 in [420 mm]|
|Product Weight||1.2 oz [33.4 g]|
|Product Width||1.4 in [35 mm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||0.3 lb [0.1 kg]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - USB to Serial Adapter|
|1 - Driver CD|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Add an RS-232 serial port to your laptop or desktop computer through USB; features COM port retention
USB 2.0 Cables (1)
Reliably extend the distance of a USB 2.0 device an additional 15ft
DB9 Cables & DB25 Cables (3)
Connect your serial devices, and transfer your files
Transfer files via serial connection
Convert a DB9 male port to a DB25 female port
USB 2.0 Cards (1)
Add 5 USB 2.0 ports to any desktop computer with a PCI slot
Share your opinions about this product
Thanks for sharing your opinions about the ICUSB2321X. When writing your review, please focus on the performance and quality of this product. Your comments will help guide others. If possible, include examples of how you use the product, things you like or things you wish were different about it.
Average Customer Ratings
|Quality of Product|
Frequently Asked Questions
- I am receiving an error when I try to install the drivers in Windows 8 64 bit. What do I do?
- I am receiving an error when I try to install the drivers in Windows 8.1 64 bit. What do I do?
- How do I install my serial card in Windows Vista / 7 / 8 (32bit only)? (.inf method)
- How do I install my serial card in Windows XP? (.inf method)
- How can I make sure my serial port is working in Windows?
- Why does my USB device stop working after my computer wakes back up from sleep mode in Windows?
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.
* Same day shipping is only available for orders shipping within the United States.
Startech.com - 1 Port Professional USB to Serial Adapter Cable with COM Retention