Add four external PCI expansion card slots to a desktop computer
Add an additional 4 PCI slots (32-bit/33 MHz), using PCI Express
Rugged steel construction
Supports both 5V and 3.3V/5V add-in PCI cards
23 | Canada:
We will transfer stock to fulfill your order at no extra cost. If the quantity shown for our US warehouse isn’t enough to fulfill your order, we will transfer the required stock from our Canadian warehouse.
StarTech.com's innovative PCI Express to PCI Expansion Chassis provides a quick and simple solution to I/O expandability on almost any PCI Express (PCIe) enabled system. Adding external PCI slots to a server/workstation or laptop, this cost-effective and time-saving method of simply adding additional PCI cards to a server/workstation or providing a platform to be able to swap PCI add-in cards between a mobile and desktop setup is the optimal method of maximizing the I/O capabilities of new or existing systems.
The external expansion chassis adds four PCI slots (32-bit/33MHz) to the host computer system, through a single PCI Express connection. Providing total bandwidth of up to 250MBps from the x1 PCIe host controller card, which allows the host computer to function as though the cards in the expansion chassis were connected directly to the motherboard.
A dependable I/O expansion solution, the Expansion Chassis is backed by StarTech.com's 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Convert a single PCI Express slot to four additional external PCI slots without any driver or software installation required
- External expansion enclosure simplifies swapping PCI cards, without ever having to move or take apart the main desktop/server
- Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support
Common Customer Questions
No additional drivers or software required.
- Expand an existing system's I/O capabilities without having to purchase an entirely new system.
- Ideal for system testers, and engineers who may need to regularly swap out I/O cards.
- Add full height cards to a small form factor system.
- Provide PCI support to systems with only PCIe slots.
- Provide data acquisition, telephony, storage and audio capabilities by having additional I/O expansion slots.
|ASI Distribution USA||110773|
|Ingram Micro USA||N30799|
|Bus Type||PCI Express|
|Interface||PCI / PCI-X (5 / 3.3V)|
|Connector Type(s)||1 - PCI Express x1 Male|
|External Ports||4 - PCI / PCI-X (Universal 3.3 & 5V, 32-bit) Slot Female|
|OS Compatibility||OS Independent; No additional drivers or software required|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|Note||- Supports 32-bit PCI cards less than 6.7” in length; 64-bit PCI 12.28” cards (full-length) are not supported|
|- Cards may not function properly if their total power consumption exceeds the maximum of 36W|
|- This product has a known compatibility issue with Silicon Image SATA Controllers on an AMD platform|
|Input Voltage||110V-240V AC|
|Output Voltage||12 DC|
|Power Consumption (In Watts)||36|
|Power Source||AC Adapter Included|
|Operating Temperature||0°C ~ 55°C|
|Storage Temperature||-40°C ~ 75°C|
|Enclosure Type||Aluminum and Steel|
|Product Height||5.6 in [142 mm]|
|Product Length||8 in [204 mm]|
|Product Weight||5.2 lb [2.4 kg]|
|Product Width||5.4 in [137 mm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||5.3 lb [2.4 kg]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - PCI Expansion box|
|1 - PCI Express Card|
|1 - 3ft DVI Cable|
|1 - Low Profile Bracket|
|1 - Screw Kit|
|1 - Power Cable|
|1 - Universal power adapter: comes ready for NA/EU/UK only when you buy in NA/EU/UK; comes ready for Australia and New Zealand only when you buy in Australia and New Zealand|
|1 - Installation CD|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
|Internal Length||6.7 in [170.2 mm]|
Serial Cards & Adapters (1)
Add an RS232 Serial port through a PCI expansion slot
DVI Cables (3)
Provide a high-speed, crystal-clear connection to your DVI digital devices
Provide a high speed, crystal clear connection between your DVI digital devices
Provide a high-speed, crystal-clear connection to your DVI digital devices, with a long 20-foot cable
Share your opinions about this product
Thanks for sharing your opinions about the PEX2PCI4. When writing your review, please focus on the performance and quality of this product. Your comments will help guide others. If possible, include examples of how you use the product, things you like or things you wish were different about it.
Average Customer Ratings
|Quality of Product|
Frequently Asked Questions
Drivers & Downloads
- Country of Origin (COO)
- Letter of Conformity (LOC)
- Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive (WEEE)
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.
* Same day shipping is only available for orders shipping within the United States.
Startech.com - PCI Express to 4 Slot PCI Expansion System