Virtual 7.1 USB Stereo Audio Adapter External Sound Card
Turn a USB port into a virtual 7.1 channel Sound Card
Compliant with USB audio device class specification 1.0
Built-in volume control buttons
USB 2.0 compliant host interface and USB Audio Device Class specification 1.0
No drivers required for Windows XP/2000/Vista/7
304 | Canada:
We will transfer stock to fulfill your order at no extra cost. If the quantity shown for our US warehouse isn’t enough to fulfill your order, we will transfer the required stock from our Canadian warehouse.
This USB to Audio Adapter lets you connect headphones or speakers, and a microphone to your computer without the need to unplug other devices!
Compliant with USB 2.0 and USB audio device specification 1.0, this USB to audio adapter couldn't be any simpler to install.
Compatible with Windows 98SE and up, the USB Audio Adapter integrates into any computer environment, providing superb sound quality and convenience that can't be matched.
Included with the USB Audio Adapter is the Xear 3D software for virtual 7.1 channel sound for use with Windows XP and Windows Vista™.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Add speaker/headphone and MIC to almost any USB system without having to install drivers
- Built-in volume and mute controls and virtual 7.1 audio output for Windows
- Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support
Common Customer Questions
View full OS compatibility
Windows® 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10
Windows Server® 2003, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2
- Add audio support to almost any USB enabled computer system
- Replace a failed onboard audio port for desktops or laptops
- Listen to 7.1 surround sound audio from regular headphones
|ASI Distribution USA||87703|
|D and H||ICUSBAUDIO7|
|Ingram Micro USA||BH2317|
|Chipset ID||C-Media - CM108|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||480 Mbps|
|Connector Type(s)||1 - USB A (4 pin) Male|
|2 - 3.5 mm Mini-Jack (3 Position) Female|
|OS Compatibility||Windows® 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10
Windows Server® 2003, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 70°C (32°F to 158°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-40°C to 90°C (-40°F to 194°F)|
|Product Height||0.6 in [14 mm]|
|Product Length||2.2 in [57 mm]|
|Product Weight||0.5 oz [15 g]|
|Product Width||1 in [25.4 mm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||0.8 lb [0.4 kg]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - USB to Audio Adapter|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Audio Cables and Adapters (2)
Connect your computer or audio player to an RCA audio device
USB 2.0 Hubs (1)
Turn a single USB 2.0 port into 4 external USB 2.0 ports
Share your opinions about this product
Thanks for sharing your opinions about the ICUSBAUDIO7. When writing your review, please focus on the performance and quality of this product. Your comments will help guide others. If possible, include examples of how you use the product, things you like or things you wish were different about it.
Average Customer Ratings
|Quality of Product|
Just what I needed
Sounds were coming from my laptop computer but not from the sound jack. This device solved my problem and now I can get wonderful sound to go through my movie protector. This device is great!
not sure why they went all the way to 7.1 with it. I would never use this to power a 7.1 surround sound system? definitely not something you want hanging out of your computer for a long length of time especially if you have a speaker and mic cable hooked to it. it really pulls on the connection. the buttons on the device are also odd. of course im going to control everthing on my computer. plus the buttons are so small and there is no indicator to see what your doing with the buttons you have to look at the computer for that so they're really kind useless and in the way. I guess its digiital sound. not sure. as far as quality I hear no difference compared to my realtek integrated card. basically this an emergency piece for when the integrated card on your laptop has gone bust. just be careful when u have it all plugged in.... its really a disaster waiting to happen.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I install my sound card in Windows Vista / 7 / 8? (.exe method)
- How do I install my sound card in Windows XP? (.exe method)
- I have installed my new USB device but Windows cannot detect it. What do I do?
- Why does my USB device stop working after my computer wakes back up from sleep mode in Windows?
- Everything is hooked up but nothing is working. What should I do? (Windows)
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.
* Same day shipping is only available for orders shipping within the United States.
Startech.com - Virtual 7.1 USB Stereo Audio Adapter External Sound Card