1 Port USB over Cat5 / Cat6 Ethernet Extender - up to 131ft (40m)
Extend a USB 1.1 device up to 40m (131ft) away from a computer, over a Cat5/Cat6 cable
1x USB 1.1 port, 1x RJ45 port
Support for a maximum distance of up to 40m (131ft), over Cat5 or Cat6 cabling
Full Speed USB 1.1 compliant host interface, with data bandwidth up to 12 Mbps
38 | Canada:
We will transfer stock to fulfill your order at no extra cost. If the quantity shown for our US warehouse isn’t enough to fulfill your order, we will transfer the required stock from our Canadian warehouse.
Same Day Shipping on in-stock items from USA if ordered by 5pm ET*
The USB110EXT2 USB 1.1 Extender enables you to extend a USB 1.1 connection over distances of up to 40-meters (131-feet) using standard Cat5 or Cat6 UTP cabling, bypassing the normal limitation of 5m (15ft) for USB 1.1 devices and allows for the host computer system to be safely stored in a remote location.
The USB Extender features a compact design with no external power requirements, making it the ideal solution for remote USB cameras, keyboards, mice or other input devices for environments where install space or access to electrical outlets is limited.
Able to deliver up to 300mA of power (when supplied with 500mA from the host computer), the extender is fully compliant with the USB 1.1 specification, with support for up to 12Mbps of data bandwidth.
Backed by a StarTech.com 3-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- USB 1.1 extender supports any full-speed (12 Mbps) or low-speed (1.5 Mbps) USB peripheral at up to 131 feet (40 meters) - a cost-effective solution for extending USB devices that don't require the higher bandwidth offered by USB 2.0+
- Provides more power at the remote end (up to 300mA), without external power, than most other similar USB Ethernet extenders, for more versatile device connection options
- USB over Cat5/Cat6 eliminates the need to cascade expensive, inflexible and space consuming USB hubs or repeaters for extending the range of a USB device
Common Customer Questions
No additional drivers or software required.
- Secured environments where the host computer must be in a secure, inaccessible location from the the keyboard, mouse, camera or other USB input devices
- Use existing in-wall Cat5/Cat6 wiring to extend USB 1.1 device connections between rooms
- Reduce cable clutter and the need for mid-point USB hubs/repeaters by running a single, easy-to-install Cat5/Cat6 cable
- Industrial control environments where the host computer must be located away from interference or contamination
|ASI Distribution USA||126344|
|D and H||USB110EXT2|
|Ingram Micro USA||PQ7649|
|Cabling||Cat 5e UTP or better|
|Max Distance||40 m / 131 ft|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||12 Mbps|
|Local Unit Connectors||1 - RJ-45 Female|
|1 - USB Type-A (4 pin) USB 2.0 Male|
|Remote Unit Connectors||1 - RJ-45 Female|
|1 - USB Type-A (4 pin) USB 2.0 Female|
|OS Compatibility||OS Independent; No additional drivers or software required|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|System and Cable Requirements||Available USB port|
|Humidity||20% ~ 80% RH|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 70°C (-4°F to 158°F)|
|Product Height||1 in [25 mm]|
|Product Length||3.3 in [85 mm]|
|Product Weight||1.8 oz [50 g]|
|Product Width||1.6 in [40 mm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||6.5 oz [185 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - USB 1.1 Extender Local Unit|
|1 - USB 1.1 Extender Remote Unit|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Reliably extend the distance of a USB 2.0 device an additional 15ft
Extend two USB 2.0 connections with power, by up to 330ft over Cat5 or Cat6 cable
Extend four USB 2.0 connections up to 330ft away from the computer over Cat5 or Cat6 cable
Cat 5e Cables (1)
Make Fast Ethernet network connections using this high quality Cat5e Cable, with Power-over-Ethernet capability
Bulk Network Cables (2)
Make reliable Ethernet connections in applications requiring CMR-rated cable
Make Gigabit network connections using this high quality Cat6 Cable
Share your opinions about this product
Thanks for sharing your opinions about the USB110EXT2. When writing your review, please focus on the performance and quality of this product. Your comments will help guide others. If possible, include examples of how you use the product, things you like or things you wish were different about it.
Average Customer Ratings
|Quality of Product|
Frequently Asked Questions
Drivers & Downloads
- Country of Origin (COO)
- Letter of Conformity (LOC)
- Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive (WEEE)
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.
* Same day shipping is only available for orders shipping within the United States.
Startech.com - 1 Port USB over Cat5 / Cat6 Ethernet Extender - up to 131ft (40m)