1 Port Flush Mount ExpressCard SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Card Adapter with UASP Support
Add a USB 3.0 port connection that inserts flush into a laptop ExpressCard slot
Unique flush-mount form factor design
SuperSpeed USB 3.0 compliant host interface with support for transfer rates up to 5 Gbps
UASP support for more efficient data transfer
281 | Canada:
We will transfer stock to fulfill your order at no extra cost. If the quantity shown for our US warehouse isn’t enough to fulfill your order, we will transfer the required stock from our Canadian warehouse.
Same Day Shipping on in-stock items from USA if ordered by 5pm ET*
The ECUSB3S11 Flush Mount 1-Port USB 3.0 ExpressCard lets you add a single USB 3.0 port connection to your laptop through an ExpressCard slot.
The USB 3.0 adapter uses a unique form factor design that allows it to sit fully in a standard 34mm ExpressCard slot without sticking out. The port sits virtually flush with the sides of the laptop, enabling you to leave the card installed even while on the move, without fear of damage to the card or slot.
Enhanced with UASP support (USB Attached SCSI Protocol), this USB 3.0 controller performs up to 70% faster than conventional USB 3.0 when paired with a UASP supported enclosure (Note: UASP requires a compatible operating system). Using a more efficient protocol than the traditional USB BOT (Bulk-Only Transport), UASP technology optimizes transfers by allowing multiple commands to be processed simultaneously, significantly increasing transfer speeds for less wait time on data transfers. See our UASP test results below for further details.
The USB 3.0 ExpressCard adapter supports data transfer rates up to 5Gbps, and is still backward compatible with USB 2.0 at up to 480Mbps, or USB 1.1/1.0 at up to 12/1.5 Mbps respectively.
Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
Improved Performance with UASP
UASP is supported in Windows® 8, Server 2012 and Linux kernel 2.6.3 or later. In testing UASP performed with up to a 70% faster read / 40% faster write speed over traditional USB 3.0 at peak performance.
At the same peak in testing, UASP also showed up to an 80% reduction in required processor resources.
Test results were obtained using an Intel® Ivy Bridge system, StarTech.com add-on USB 3.0 cards, a UASP-enabled StarTech.com enclosure, and a SATA III solid state drive.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Eliminate the worry of snagging or hitting the ExpressCard with a unique Flush Mount design
- Increase productivity with SuperSpeed USB 3.0 connectivity, while remaining backward compatible with USB 2.0/1.x devices
- Time-saving file transfers, up to 70% faster than traditional USB 3.0 when used with a UASP-supported enclosure
Common Customer Questions
View full OS compatibility
Windows® 10 (32/64), 8 / 8.1 (32/64), 7 (32/64), Vista (32/64), XP (32/64)
Windows Server® 2012, 2008 R2, 2003
- Add a SuperSpeed USB 3.0 port through an ExpressCard slot, without having to worry about damaging the card or slot while on the move
- Connect high performance USB 3.0 external storage devices, printers or external video adapters to a laptop
- Upgrade an older laptop to USB 3.0 capability
- Add an extra USB 3.0 port to a laptop with limited USB 3.0 ports available
|ASI Distribution USA||134934|
|Ingram Micro USA||RA3015|
|Card Type||34mm ExpressCard|
|Chipset ID||Renesas / NEC - µPD720202|
|Port Style||Integrated on Card|
|Type and Rate||USB 3.0 - 5 Gbit/s|
|Connector Type(s)||1 - ExpressCard (34mm)|
|External Ports||1 - USB Type-A (9 pin) USB 3.0 Female|
|OS Compatibility||Windows® 10 (32/64), 8 / 8.1 (32/64), 7 (32/64), Vista (32/64), XP (32/64)
Windows Server® 2012, 2008 R2, 2003
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|Note||The maximum throughput of this card is limited by the host bus interface. If used with ExpressCard Gen 1.0 enabled computers, the max throughput is 2.5 Gbps. If used with ExpressCard Gen 2.0 enabled computers, the max throughput is 5 Gbps.|
|System and Cable Requirements||Available ExpressCard slot|
|Humidity||5% ~ 95% RH|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-10°C to 85°C (14°F to 185°F)|
|Product Height||0.2 in [5 mm]|
|Product Length||3 in [75 mm]|
|Product Weight||0.6 oz [17.5 g]|
|Product Width||1.3 in [34 mm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||3.5 oz [99 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - Slim ExpressCard adapter|
|1 - DC to USB Adapter Cable|
|1 - 34mm to 54mm Stabilizer Bracket|
|1 - Driver CD|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Add two flushmount USB 3.0 ports to your ExpressCard-enabled laptop
Add 2 USB 3.0 Ports to a Laptop through an ExpressCard Slot
Connect USB 3.0 A devices to a USB hub or to your computer
Connect to your external devices and transfer data at 10x the speed of USB 2.0
Connect to your external solutions and transfer data at 10x the speed of USB 2.0
Connect a USB 3.0 Micro USB External Hard drive to your computer
Connect a USB 3.0 Micro USB External Hard drive to your PC or laptop
Extend your USB 3.0 SuperSpeed cable an additional 6 feet
Share your opinions about this product
Thanks for sharing your opinions about the ECUSB3S11. When writing your review, please focus on the performance and quality of this product. Your comments will help guide others. If possible, include examples of how you use the product, things you like or things you wish were different about it.
Average Customer Ratings
|Quality of Product|
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I install my USB card in Windows Vista / 7 / 8?
- How do I install my USB card in Windows XP?
- I have installed my new expansion card but Windows cannot detect it. What do I do?
- Why does my USB device stop working after my computer wakes back up from sleep mode in Windows?
- Everything is hooked up but nothing is working. What should I do? (Windows)
Drivers & Downloads
- Country of Origin (COO)
- Letter of Conformity (LOC)
- Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive (WEEE)
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.
* Same day shipping is only available for orders shipping within the United States.
Startech.com - 1 Port Flush Mount ExpressCard SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Card Adapter with UASP Support