2 Port PCI Express SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Card Adapter with UASP Support
Add 2 USB 3.0 ports to your desktop computer through a PCI Express expansion slot
Provides two external USB 3.0 connections
Fully compliant with USB 3.0 revision 1.0 specifications and Intel xHCI rev0.96 specifications, with transfer rates up to 5 Gbps
UASP support for more efficient data transfer
3 | Canada:
We will transfer stock to fulfill your order at no extra cost. If the quantity shown for our US warehouse isn’t enough to fulfill your order, we will transfer the required stock from our Canadian warehouse.
Same Day Shipping on in-stock items from USA if ordered by 5pm ET*
This product has been replaced with:2 Port PCI Express (PCIe) SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Card Adapter with UASP - LP4 Power (PEXUSB3S25)
The PEXUSB3S2 PCI Express USB 3.0 card lets you add two USB 3.0 ports to your PC through a PCI Express slot.
Featuring a native NEC PCI Express host controller chipset, the USB 3.0 standard supports transfer rates of up to 5Gbps, while still providing backward compatibility for older USB 2.0 (480Mbps) and 1.1 (12Mbps) devices.
Enhanced with UASP support (USB Attached SCSI Protocol), this USB 3.0 controller performs up to 70% faster than conventional USB 3.0 when paired with a UASP supported enclosure (Note: UASP requires a compatible operating system). Using a more efficient protocol than the traditional USB BOT (Bulk-Only Transport), UASP technology optimizes transfers by allowing multiple commands to be processed simultaneously, significantly increasing transfer speeds for less wait time on data transfers. See our UASP test results below for further details.
In addition to providing a much faster transfer rate the PEXUSB3S2 USB 3.0 card also supplies 900mA of power per USB port, allowing more and more external devices to operate without the need of an additional power source.
Backed by a StarTech.com lifetime warranty and free lifetime technical support.
Improved Performance with UASP
UASP is supported in Windows® 8, Server 2012 and Linux kernel 2.6.3 or later. In testing UASP performed with up to a 70% faster read / 40% faster write speed over traditional USB 3.0 at peak performance.
At the same peak in testing, UASP also showed up to an 80% reduction in required processor resources.
Test results were obtained using an Intel® Ivy Bridge system, StarTech.com add-on USB 3.0 cards, a UASP-enabled StarTech.com enclosure, and a SATA III solid state drive.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0 connectivity at up to 5 Gbps, while still backwards compatible with USB 2.0/1.x
- Time-saving file transfers, up to 70% faster than traditional USB 3.0 when used with a UASP-supported enclosure
- Fit into standard or low profile systems, with a dual profile design
Common Customer Questions
View full OS compatibility
Windows XP(32/64-bit)/ Server 2003(32/64-bit)/ Server 2008 R2/ Vista(32/64-bit)/ 7(32/64-bit)/ 8(32/64-bit)
- Upgrade an older PCIe-based system with USB 3.0 connectivity to fully utilize USB 3.0 devices
- Expand a system's USB capabilities with two additional external USB ports
- Connect additional external hard drives, CD/DVD drives, MP3 players, printers, scanners, webcams, game controllers, digital cameras, etc. to a computer system
|ASI Distribution USA||87067|
|Bus Type||PCI Express|
|Card Type||Standard Profile (LP bracket incl.)|
|Chipset ID||Renesas / NEC - µPD720200|
|Type and Rate||USB 3.0 - 5 Gbit/s|
|Connector Type(s)||1 - PCI Express x1 Male|
|External Ports||2 - USB Type-A (9 pin) USB 3.0 Female|
|Internal Ports||1 - LP4 (4 pin; Molex Large Drive Power) Male|
|OS Compatibility||Windows XP(32/64-bit)/ Server 2003(32/64-bit)/ Server 2008 R2/ Vista(32/64-bit)/ 7(32/64-bit)/ 8(32/64-bit)|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|Note||The maximum throughput of this card is limited by the bus interface. If used with PCI Express Gen 1.0 enabled computers, the max throughput is 2.5 Gbps. If used with PCI Express Gen 2.0 enabled computers, the max throughput is 5 Gbps.|
|Operating Temperature||-0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 60°C (-4°F to 140°F)|
|Product Height||0.7 in [19 mm]|
|Product Length||4.8 in [121 mm]|
|Product Weight||2.1 oz [60 g]|
|Product Width||3 in [76 mm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||0.3 lb [0.1 kg]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - PCI Express USB 3.0 Card|
|1 - LP4 Molex to SATA Adapter|
|1 - Low Profile bracket|
|1 - Installation CD|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Add 4 USB 2.0 ports to your low profile/small form factor computer through a PCI Express expansion slot
Add 4 external USB ports and 1 internal USB port to your computer through a PCI Express slot
Add 7 USB 2.0 Ports to your PC through a PCI slot
Add two USB 2.0 ports to a computer through an ExpressCard slot
Add 4 USB 2.0 ports to a laptop from an ExpressCard slot
USB 3.0 Cables (4)
Connect USB 3.0 A devices to a USB hub or to your computer
Connect to your external devices and transfer data at 10x the speed of USB 2.0
Connect to your external solutions and transfer data at 10x the speed of USB 2.0
Computer Power Cables - Internal (1)
Power an IDE hard drive from a SATA Power connection.
Share your opinions about this product
Thanks for sharing your opinions about the PEXUSB3S2. When writing your review, please focus on the performance and quality of this product. Your comments will help guide others. If possible, include examples of how you use the product, things you like or things you wish were different about it.
Average Customer Ratings
|Quality of Product|
Inexpensive update for older computers.
Easy to install and works as advertised. Pretty darned fast,
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy:
- Will I need to plug in power to this USB controller card from my power supply?
- How do I install my USB card in Windows Vista / 7 / 8?
- How do I install my USB card in Windows XP?
- I installed my new expansion card and now the computer cannot load the operating system. What do I do?
- I have installed my new expansion card but Windows cannot detect it. What do I do?
- Why does my USB device stop working after my computer wakes back up from sleep mode in Windows?
- Everything is hooked up but nothing is working. What should I do? (Windows)
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.
* Same day shipping is only available for orders shipping within the United States.
Startech.com - 2 Port PCI Express SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Card Adapter with UASP Support
360° View Gallery