Universal Docking Station for Hard Drives - USB 3.0 with UASP
Connect both an IDE and a SATA 2.5/3.5in hard drive or solid state drive to your computer system using an available USB 3.0 port, with support for UASP for optimal performance
Maximum versatility with support for SATA & IDE as well as 2.5in and 3.5in HDDs & SSDs
Optimal performance with support for SATA III & UASP
Hassle-free operation with upright slot-loading SATA and IDE drive bays
1085 | Canada:
We will transfer stock to fulfill your order at no extra cost. If the quantity shown for our US warehouse isn’t enough to fulfill your order, we will transfer the required stock from our Canadian warehouse.
Same Day Shipping on in-stock items from USA if ordered by 5pm ET*
The UNIDOCKU33 USB 3.0 Universal HDD / SSD Dock enables you to instantly access your 2.5 or 3.5in IDE and SATA hard drives through two top loading drive slots, saving you the hassle of mounting the drives into a computer or external enclosure or tray.
Enhanced with UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol), this hard drive docking station lets you get the most out of the fastest drive technologies such as SATA III (6 Gbps), solid state drives (SSD) and hybrid, drives with performance up to 70% faster than conventional USB 3.0 when paired with a UASP-enabled host controller. See our UASP testing results below for further details.
The slot-loading design holds the SATA and IDE drives upright inside the docks, neatly keeping them off the desk, for convenience and a clutter-free setup. For SATA drives, the HDD can be inserted and connected directly through the designated dock slot, while the IDE drive slot is conveniently positioned near the rear panel 40-pin data and LP4 power connections, making it easy to connect to the dock using the included IDE data and power cables.
A single USB 3.0 connection to your host computer, enables access to both the IDE & SATA hard drives simultaneously - a convenient solution for migrating data from an IDE drive to a SATA drive or vice versa. The dock can also be used to greatly increase the storage and backup capabilities of your computer system with support for high capacity drives (tested with up to 6TB 3.5" and 2TB 2.5" drives).
The UNIDOCKU33 is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
Improved Performance with UASP
UASP is supported in Windows 8, Mac OSX (10.8 or above), and Linux. In testing, UASP performs with a 70% faster read speed and 40% faster write speed over traditional USB 3.0 at peak performance.
At the same peak in testing UASP also shows an 80% reduction in required processor resources.
Testing results were obtained using an Intel® Ivy Bridge system, a UASP-enabled StarTech.com Enclosure, and a SATA III solid state drive.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Versatile configuration options, with support for IDE and SATA 2.5in and 3.5in drives
- Save time, with file transfers up to 70% faster than traditional USB 3.0 when used with a UASP-supported host
- Hassle-free operation and reduced workspace clutter, with upright slot-loading design
Common Customer Questions
No additional drivers or software required.
- Transfer files directly between a SATA and IDE hard drive, without having to transfer to the host computer first or use multiple devices
- Access 2.5/3.5in IDE or SATA drives, for fast data retrieval
- Recover data from drives on failed computers
- Backup data quickly to an external drive for archiving
- Test or benchmark multiple hard drives
|ASI Distribution USA||166260|
|D and H||UNIDOCKU33|
|Ingram Micro USA||YW7229|
|Chipset ID||JMicron - JMS561U, JMD330|
|Compatible Drive Types (Type and Rate)||SATA & IDE|
|Drive Size||2.5in & 3.5in|
|Number of Drives||2|
|Insertion Rating||15,000 Cycles (SATA)|
|Max Drive Capacity||Currently tested with up to 6TB 7200 RPM 3.5" hard drives and 2TB 5400 RPM 2.5" hard drive|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||5 Gbps|
|Type and Rate||USB 3.0 - 5 Gbit/s|
|SATA III (6 Gbps)|
|Drive Connectors||1 - IDE (40 Pin; EIDE/PATA) Male|
|1 - LP4 (4 pin; Molex Large Drive Power) Male|
|1 - SATA Data & Power Combo (7+15 pin) Receptacle|
|Host Connectors||1 - USB Type-B (9 pin) USB 3.0 Female|
|OS Compatibility||OS independent; No software or drivers required|
|LED Indicators||2 - Power and Drive Activity|
|Center Tip Polarity||Positive|
|Input Current||1.3 A|
|Input Voltage||110V-240V AC|
|Output Current||3 A|
|Output Voltage||12 DC|
|Power Source||AC Adapter Included|
|Humidity||8% ~ 90% RH|
|Operating Temperature||5°C to 80° (41°F to 176°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-40°C to 70°C (-40°F to 158°F)|
|Product Height||2.8 in [70 mm]|
|Product Length||5.8 in [147 mm]|
|Product Weight||18.1 oz [512 g]|
|Product Width||5.1 in [130 mm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||2.3 lb [1.1 kg]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - Universal Hard Drive Dock|
|1 - USB 3.0 Cable|
|1 - IDE 40 to 40 Pin Cable|
|1 - LP4 Power Cable|
|1 - 40 Pin + LP4 to 44 Pin IDE Cable|
|1 - Universal Power Adapter (NA/UK/EU/AUS)|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Easily connect and swap two 2.5 or 3.5in SATA hard drives through eSATA or USB
Clone any combination of 2.5in or 3.5in IDE or SATA hard drives
Exactly duplicate one 2.5in or 3.5in SATA hard drive to another, effortlessly and without a computer
Drive Adapters and Drive Converters (1)
Use your 2.5in or 3.5in IDE hard drives in a SATA HDD Docking Station
USB 3.0 Cards (1)
Add one internal and one external SuperSpeed USB 3.0 to your PC
Drive Mounting Brackets & Accessories (2)
Provide protection against shocks/impacts to a 2.5in hard drive
Provide protection against shocks/impacts to a 3.5in hard drive
IDE Cables & Adapters (1)
Connect a 2.5in IDE laptop hard drive to an IDE-equipped desktop computer.
Share your opinions about this product
Thanks for sharing your opinions about the UNIDOCKU33. When writing your review, please focus on the performance and quality of this product. Your comments will help guide others. If possible, include examples of how you use the product, things you like or things you wish were different about it.
Average Customer Ratings
|Quality of Product|
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy:
- Is there a minimum size of IDE hard drives I can use with this hard drive accessory?
- How do I initialize a brand new hard drive in Windows?
- How do I initialize a brand new hard drive in Mac OSX?
- What do MBR and GPT mean, and when do I use them?
- My hard drive accessory is not detecting my IDE hard drive. What do I do?
- Everything is hooked up, but nothing is working. What do I do?
- I have installed my new USB device but Windows cannot detect it. What do I do?
- I have installed my new USB device but Mac OSX cannot detect it. What do I do?
Drivers & Downloads
- Country of Origin (COO)
- Letter of Conformity (LOC)
- Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive (WEEE)
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.
* Same day shipping is only available for orders shipping within the United States.
Startech.com - Universal Docking Station for Hard Drives - USB 3.0 with UASP