- New Products
- Laptop Docking Stations
- Display and Video Adapters
- Audio-Video Products
- Server Management
- Hard Drive Accessories
- Add-on Cards & Peripherals
- Networking IO Products
- Display Mounts and Ergonomics
- Laptop Locks
- Computer Parts
eSATA / USB 3.0 Hard Drive Duplicator Dock – Standalone HDD Cloner with SATA 6Gbps for fast-speed duplication
Clone a 2.5in/3.5in SATA drive without a host computer connection, or dock the drives over USB 3.0 or eSATA for easy access
Product ID: SDOCK2U33RE
- Standalone sector-by-sector hard drive duplication with speeds up to 22GB per minute
- Supports both 2.5" and 3.5" form factor hard drives (HDD) and solid state drives (SSD)
- eSATA and USB 3.0 host interface connections
The SDOCK2U33RE Dual 2.5/3.5" SATA HDD/SSD duplicator dock lets you duplicate/clone an existing hard drive without the use of a host computer system -- or dock and swap drives from your desktop or laptop computer simultaneously, using a single USB or eSATA port.
The SDOCK2U33RE offers convenient dual-function performance. As a hard drive duplicator, the SDOCK2U33RE lets you create an exact sector-by-sector clone from one hard drive to another, including partitions and boot sector information -- ensuring data integrity and consistency for sensitive operations, such as data recovery. As an external hard drive dock the SDOCK2U33RE lets you connect your drives through either eSATA or USB, with each drive slot individually supporting high capacity 2.5/3.5" hard drives or solid state drives, tested up to 4 TB.
With support for SATA III (6 Gbps) you can maximize efficiency with duplication speeds up to 22 GB per minute, and eSATA docking speeds up to 6 Gbps. The Dock can also be connected through USB 3.0 with UASP for transfer speeds up 5 Gbps (70% faster than conventional USB 3.0). See our UASP testing results below for further details.
With push button operation and plug-and play installation, the duplicator dock has been specially designed for hassle-free operation. The SDOCK2U33RE lets you quickly dock your hard drives or start duplicating hard drives with the push of a button. Plus, the built-in LED progress bar saves you time by letting you easily monitor the entire duplication process, so you'll know exactly when it's time to start your next operation.
For added compatibility with different drive types in duplication and docking applications, the SDOCK2U33RE supports the use of various drive adapters. The below list of StarTech.com adapters have been specifically tested, to ensure compatibility with this drive duplicator:
SDOCK2U33RE is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
Improved Performance with UASP
UASP is supported in Windows 8, Mac OSX (10.8 or above), and Linux. In testing, UASP performs with a 70% faster read speed and 40% faster write speed over traditional USB 3.0 at peak performance.
At the same peak in testing UASP also shows an 80% reduction in required processor resources.
Testing results were obtained using an Intel® Ivy Bridge system, a UASP-enabled StarTech.com Enclosure, and a SATA III solid state drive.
- Disc sector imaging/cloning to create an exact replica of a source drive onto a different drive
- Create identical backups for system builds that require the same drive image
- Quickly access or swap bare hard drives for easy data backup/recovery
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Create exact duplicates of your hard drives without having to connect to a computer
- Maximize performance, with file transfer speeds up to 6Gbps using eSATA or 5 Gbps using USB 3.0 with UASP
- Versatile connectivity options, through either USB or eSATA
Ingram Micro USA
|Chipset ID||JMicron - JMS562|
|Compatible Drive Types||SATA|
|Drive Size||2.5in & 3.5in|
|Interface||USB 3.0 & eSATA|
|Number of Drives||2|
|Duplication Modes||Sector by Sector (Whole Drive)|
|Max Drive Capacity||Currently tested with up to 4TB 7200 RPM 3.5" hard drives per bay (8TB total) and 2TB 5900 RPM 2.5" hard drives (2TB total)|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||5Gbps|
|Type and Rate||USB 3.0 - 5 Gbit/s|
|SATA III (6 Gbps)|
|Drive Connectors||2 - SATA Data & Power Combo (7+15 pin) Receptacle|
|Host Connectors||1 - USB Type-B (9 pin) USB 3.0 Female|
|1 - eSATA (7 pin, Data) Female|
|OS Compatibility||OS independent; No software or drivers required|
|LED Indicators||2 - Drive Status|
|1 - Power Indicator|
|1 - Mode Indicator|
|1 - Progress Indicator|
|Input Current||1.3 A|
|Input Voltage||100 - 240 AC|
|Output Current||3000 mA|
|Output Voltage||12 DC|
|Power Consumption (In Watts)||36|
|Power Source||AC Adapter Included|
|Humidity||20%RH ~ 80%RH|
|Operating Temperature||5°C - 35°C (41°C to 95°C)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C - 50°C (-4°C to 122°C)|
|Product Height||2.8 in [7 cm]|
|Product Length||5.8 in [14.7 cm]|
|Product Width||5.2 in [13.2 cm]|
|Weight of Product||18.6 oz [528 g]|
|Package Height||8.4 in [21.3 cm]|
|Package Length||4.6 in [11.8 cm]|
|Package Width||7.5 in [19 cm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||2.3 lb [1.1 kg]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - SATA HDD duplicator dock|
|1 - USB 3.0 cable|
|1 - eSATA cable|
|1 - universal power adapter (NA,UK,EU, ANZ)|
|1 - instruction manual|
USB 3.1 (10Gbps) Standalone Duplicator Dock for 2.5" & 3.5" SATA SSD/HDD Drives - with Fast-Speed Duplication up to 28GB/min
Duplicate or dock a SATA SSD/HDD with fast performance - works with both USB-C and USB-A enabled devices
91+ In stock
US: 3 | CA: 88
USB 3.0 SATA III Hard Drive Docking Station SSD / HDD with integrated Fast Charge USB Hub and UASP support for SATA 6 Gbps - Black
Dock your 2.5” or 3.5” SATA SSDs/HDDs and add USB Fast Charge Capacity in a stylish black docking station
1+ In stock
US: 0 | CA: 1
Enable fast, swappable access to your 2.5in or 3.5in SATA hard drives, through USB 3.0
386+ In stock
US: 323 | CA: 63
USB 3.0 SATA Hard Drive Docking Station SSD / HDD with integrated Fast Charge USB Hub and UASP For SATA 6 Gbps - White
Dock your 2.5” or 3.5” SATA SSDs/HDDs and add USB Fast Charge Capacity in a stylish white docking station
470+ In stock
US: 463 | CA: 7
Dock your 2.5in or 3.5in SATA III SSDs/HDDs over USB 3.0 with UASP
373+ In stock
US: 312 | CA: 61
Duplicate one SATA Hard Drive onto three Hard Drives simultaneously
672+ In stock
US: 662 | CA: 10
Clone or Erase 2.5in/3.5in SATA hard drives, without a host computer connection
48+ In stock
US: 41 | CA: 7
Clone any combination of 2.5in or 3.5in IDE or SATA hard drives
Clone a 2.5in/3.5in SATA drive without a host computer connection, or dock the drives over USB 3.0 for easy access
1299+ In stock
US: 1230 | CA: 69
USB Cloner | 1.5GB per minute | USB 2.0 | TAA Compliant
149+ In stock
US: 147 | CA: 2
Easily duplicate or securely erase up to five USB 2.0 Flash Drives simultaneously, without connecting to a computer
100+ In stock
US: 94 | CA: 6
USB 3.0 / eSATA Dual Hard Drive Docking Station with UASP for 2.5/3.5in SATA SSD / HDD – SATA 6 Gbps
Easily connect and swap two 2.5 or 3.5in SATA III drives through eSATA or USB 3.0
765+ In stock
US: 752 | CA: 13
Replace your lost or failed power adapter
Connect to your external solutions and transfer data at 10x the speed of USB 2.0
Connect to your external devices and transfer data at 10x the speed of USB 2.0
Use your 2.5in or 3.5in IDE hard drives in a SATA HDD Docking Station
Add one internal and one external SuperSpeed USB 3.0 to your PC
Add 4 external USB 3.0 ports to a low profile or standard computer, through PCI Express
Add two USB 3.0 ports through a Mini PCI Express slot
48+ In stock
US: 48 | CA: 0
Provide protection against shocks/impacts to a 2.5in hard drive
Provides safe handling and anti-static protection for most 2.5in hard drives
Provide protection against shocks/impacts to a 3.5in hard drive
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
StarTech.com hard drive and flash drive duplicators perform a sector by sector copy, which means that the target drive must be the exact same size (down to the sector) or larger than the hard drive or flash drive that is being copied. During a sector by sector copy, each individual sector is copied over to the target drive, regardless of whether or not any data is present. A 500 GB hard drive with 50 GB of data on it will take the same amount of time to copy as a 500 GB hard drive with 450 GB of data on it.
If you have two hard drives or flash drives that are listed as the same size but are different makes or models, you need to check how large both drives are down to the sector to ensure that the target drive is is the exact same size or larger.
Solid-state drives (SSDs) use SATA connectors to access power and transfer data. Any duplicator that can copy to or from SATA hard drives will work with a StarTech.com duplicator.
Note: If you use a dock to duplicate SSDs, keep in mind that the StarTech.com disk duplicators execute a sector by sector read and write. SSDs are rated by a number of reads and writes. Repeated duplication and sector by sector reads and writes of SSDs can reduce the life cycle of the drive.
Software-level encryption on the drive poses no issue to StarTech.com duplicators, as the duplicators copy encrypted data sector by sector over to the new drive.
Hardware-level encryption or BIOS level hard drive locks cause the duplication to halt and fail, as the drive is unable to read or write the sectors that are encrypted.
Duplication of Hidden Protected Area (HPA) Partitions or Extended Industry Standard Architecture (EISA) cause the duplicator to halt and fail, as the drive cannot read and write the protected partitions on the drive.
Note: Our UNIDUPDOCK, SATDOCK22RE and SATDOCK4U3RE do include the ability to copy HPA partitions, but the duplication is still dependent on how the HPA partition is written to the hard drive, whether or not it is encrypted and how it is encrypted.
StarTech.com duplicators were not designed to recover failing or damaged drives. If the duplicator encounters a corrupt or unreadable sector, the duplication halts and fails.
SATDOCK4U3RE, SATDUP13 ,and UNIDUPDOCK all include a function that allows the duplicators to skip over corrupt or unreadable sectors. However, if the duplicators encounter too many errors, they still halt and fail. If this happens, you will need third-party recovery software or custom-built recovery hardware to copy from a failing or damaged drive.
To determine if your hard drive will work in this device, on the product page, click the Technical Specifications tab, and do the following:
- Make sure that the device supports the storage size of your hard drive. If the storage size of your hard drive is larger than what the device was tested with, the hard drive will likely still work with the enclosure.
- Confirm that your hard drive uses the same interface type as the device. For example, IDE, SATA, or M.2.
- Make sure that the device supports the physical size of your hard drive, such as 2.5 inches or 3.5 inches.
- Verify that the power consumption of your hard drive doesn’t exceed the power output of the device. If you’re using multiple hard drives, make sure that the combined power consumption of all of the hard drives doesn’t exceed the power output of the docking station.
To confirm that the Mac OS detects your USB device, complete the following:
- Click the Apple icon.
- Click About This Mac.
- Click More Info or System Report.
- Under the appropriate heading, confirm that your USB device is listed and that there isn't an error. For example, a network card would be under Ethernet Cards.
You may need to refresh the System Information page after you plug in your device. To do so, press Command + R with the System Information page open.
Your USB device is listed according to the name of the chipset. To determine the name of the chipset of your USB device, navigate to www.StarTech.com and look on the Technical Specifications tab for your product.
SATA hard drive controllers require a feature called port multiplier to read more than one hard drive per SATA or eSATA port. The port multiplier feature is not standard on many SATA hard drive controllers.
If your computer is only recognizing one of your hard drives, you need to plug the eSATA cable into a SATA controller that includes the port multiplier feature. If none of your current hard drive controllers include this feature, you can add a hard drive controller that does support port multiplier in any available expansion slot (for example, PCI, PCI-Express, PCMCIA, CardBus, or ExpressCard). StarTech.com has hard drive controllers available that support the port multiplier feature. To view the hard drive controllers, click here: http://startech.com/Cards-Adapters/HDD-Controllers/SATA-Cards/?filter_PORTMULTIPLIER=Yes.
If you have a hard drive controller card that does support the port multiplier feature but it is only reading one hard drive at a time, update the drivers of the hard drive controller. To find the most current StarTech.com drivers, click here: http://www.startech.com/Support.
When you troubleshoot issues with a hard drive dock or duplicator, there are some quick tests that you can complete to rule out potential problems. You can test to make sure that the following components are working correctly and are not the source of the issue:
- IDE, SATA, and eSATA cables
- Hard drives
- Hard drive dock or duplicator
To test your setup components, try the following:
- Use the cables, hard drives, and hard drive dock or duplicator in another setup to see if the problem is with the components or the setup.
- Use a different cable, hard drive, and hard drive dock or duplicator in your setup to see if the problem persists. Ideally, you should test a component that you know works in another setup.
When you test the hard drive and hard drive dock or duplicator, it is recommended that you do the following:
Note: For a hard drive duplicator you may need to switch the device to PC mode (if available).
- To check Disk Management, press the Windows key + R, type diskmgmt.msc, and press Enter. Check to see if your hard drive is listed.
- Do one of the following:
- If the hard drive is listed with unallocated space, the hard drive needs to be reformatted. Right-click unallocated and click New Simple Volume. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the reformatting.
Note: Formatting a hard drive erases all of the data on it. Make sure that you back up all of your data before you reformat the hard drive.
- If the hard drive is listed as healthy but does not have a drive letter, for example, C:, right-click healthy and click Change Drive Letter and Paths. Click Add, assign a drive letter, and click OK.
Note: A formatted hard drive will not show up in Computer or My Computer until it has a drive letter assigned to it.
This docking station allows the hard drive to enforce its own power state, as opposed to enforcing a power state that keeps the hard drive active at all times. Since most newer hard drives have low-power energy conservation modes, this will cause the hard drive to enter an idle state if it is not used for a certain amount of time.
You do not need to format your target hard drive before you begin to duplicate it, because the target hard drive is automatically overwritten during the duplication process.
The hard drive duplicator copies the exact partition from the source drive to the target drive. Since it is required that you use a target drive that is equal or larger in size than the source drive a portion of the target drive appears as free space. You can append free space to the live partition on the target drive so that the full size of the drive can be utilized.
Note: A partition cannot be extended on an operating system drive that is in use. You must extend the partition when it not being used by the operating system, and ideally when it is still connected to the duplicator.
Extend a partition on a computer running Windows
Note: Do not extend a System Reserved partition. Only extend the primary partition, which is typically the largest in size and formatted with NTFS or FAT32.
After you have successfully duplicated a drive and the target drive is still connected to your computer system (for example, through the duplicator), complete the following:
- Press the Windows key + R.
- Type compmgmt.msc and click Ok.
- In Computer Management, on the left side of the screen, click Disk Management.
- Find the target drive. It will most likely be at the bottom of the list, have a partition that is the same size as the source drive, and have an unallocated area on the drive.
- On the target drive, right-click the last partition on the right side of the screen and click Extend Volume.
- In the Extend Volume wizard, click Next. By default, the remaining drive area is the amount of space used.
- Click Next > Finish.
The primary partition on the drive now uses the entire drive area.
StarTech.com hard drive duplicators only read from the source drive and only write to the target drives while in standalone duplication mode . A duplication that fails or halts will not cause a problem with the source drive.
You can use this device to duplicate an internal hard drive with the stand alone duplicator function if you remove the hard drive from the computer and connect it directly to this device.
Compliance and Safety
Warning: See Proposition 65 Notice
California Proposition 65 Warning
Warning: Cancer and reproductive harm — www.p65warnings.ca.gov
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.
* Same day shipping is only available for orders shipping within the United States.
Customer Reviews(0 reviews)
0 out of 5 stars
Quality of Product
Tell us what you think of this product.
Need a little help getting started? Check out our review guidelines.
eSATA / USB 3.0 Hard Drive Duplicator Dock – Standalone HDD Cloner with SATA 6Gbps for fast-speed duplication
Product ID: SDOCK2U33RE