- New Products
- Laptop Docking Stations
- Display and Video Adapters
- Audio-Video Products
- Server Management
- Hard Drive Accessories
- Add-on Cards & Peripherals
- Networking IO Products
- Display Mounts and Ergonomics
- Laptop Locks
- Computer Parts
M.2 NVMe SSD Enclosure for PCIe SSDs - USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C
External NVMe Enclosure | Thunderbolt™ 3 Compatible | USB-C Cable Included
- Turn your M.2 NVMe drive into an ultra-fast, ultra-portable storage solution for your USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 devices
- Features a solid aluminum housing designed with ventilation holes for optimal heat dissipation
- Experience an extremely fast performance with support for USB 3.1 Gen 2 and PCI Express 3.0
This compact M.2 NVMe SSD Enclosure for PCIe SSDs is a highly portable, high-performance data storage solution for your USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 enabled devices.
Leverage the high speeds of your M.2 NVMe drive, with this external SSD enclosure. It delivers USB 3.1 Gen 2 read/write speeds up to 10Gbps, which is nearly twice the capability of traditional M.2 SATA enclosures and USB 3.1 Gen 1. NVMe allows users to take full advantage of the throughput available to USB 3.1 Gen 2, which would not be possible with a SATA drive.
This enclosure also features ventilation holes to help dissipate heat, ensuring an optimal operating temperature and helping to preserve performance.
This slim, pocket-sized enclosure for PCIe based NVMe is specially designed for mobility, with a small form-factor design that fits easily into your laptop bag. Its lightweight, yet durable aluminum housing helps to ensure your drive won’t be damaged while you’re on the move.
The M.2 NVMe enclosure works with tablets, laptops, desktop computers and hosts that are equipped with USB Type-C and Thunderbolt 3 ports. It's also backward compatible with USB 3.1 Gen 1, making it a convenient solution for the office or other workplace environments.
Additionally, the enclosure supports plug-and-play installation, making it the perfect accessory for professionals on the go.
M2E1BMU31C is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Create a portable, high-performance storage solution
- Access your NVMe drive externally with ultra-fast transfer speeds
- Superior speeds are ideal for data-migration related tasks
- Ideal for professionals who require high-speed data access
- Perfect for data recovery, backup or repair
Ingram Micro USA
|Bus Type||USB 3.1 Gen 2|
|Chipset ID||ASMedia - ASM2362|
|Compatible Drive Types||M.2 (PCIe, NVMe, M-Key, NGFF)|
|Drive Size||22 mm - M.2 NVMe|
|Interface||USB 3.1 Gen 2|
|Number of Drives||1|
|Supported Drive Height(s)||2230|
|General Specifications||Not compatible with M.2 SATA or AHCI based SSDs|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||10 Gbps|
|Type and Rate||USB 3.1 Gen 2 - 10 Gbit/s|
|NVMe (PCIe Gen 3)|
|Host Connectors||1 - M.2 (PCIe, M-Key, NVMe, NGFF)|
|1 - USB 3.1 USB Type C (10 pin, Gen 2, 10 Gbps) Female|
|OS Compatibility||OS independent; No software or drivers required|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|Note||Windows 7 and earlier Windows versions do not support TRIM with USB storage devices.|
|LED Indicators||1 - Power & Activity|
|Humidity||Operation Humidity: 10% ~ 90% RH
Storage Humidity: 5% ~ 95% RH
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-10°C to 65°C (14°F to 149°F)|
|Material||Aluminum and Plastic|
|Product Height||0.5 in [1.3 cm]|
|Product Length||4.3 in [10.8 cm]|
|Product Width||1.6 in [40 mm]|
|Weight of Product||2.3 oz [65 g]|
|Package Height||1.4 in [35 mm]|
|Package Length||6.1 in [15.4 cm]|
|Package Width||4.2 in [10.6 cm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||0.3 lb [0.2 kg]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - Drive Enclosure|
|1 - Set of M.2 Mounting Hardware (Installed)|
|1 - Screwdriver|
|1 - USB-C to USB-C Cable (50 cm)|
|1 - Quick-Start Guide|
Add the fast performance of an M.2 NVMe SSD to your desktop computer or server by converting the drive through a U.2 (SFF-8639) compatible interface on your motherboard
2063+ In stock
US: 2014 | CA: 49
Add high-performance enterprise-class storage to your PC or server, by connecting a 2.5” PCIe U.2 SSD
80+ In stock
US: 0 | CA: 80
Mount a 2.5" U.2 NVMe SSD into your desktop computer or server, using an available PCIe expansion slot
20+ In stock
US: 0 | CA: 20
Mount both PCIe (NVMe) and SATA based M.2 SSDs inside your computer using this PCI Express adapter card
148+ In stock
US: 116 | CA: 32
Add U.2 PCIe NVMe SSD performance to your desktop computer or server, by connecting a U.2 SSD to an M.2 PCIe x4 host interface
385+ In stock
US: 234 | CA: 151
Connect a PCIe M.2 SSD (NVMe or AHCI) to your computer through PCI Express for ultra-fast data access
922+ In stock
US: 766 | CA: 156
Turn your solid state drive into an ultra-portable pocket drive
1139+ In stock
US: 995 | CA: 144
Turn your M.2 SATA drive into an ultra-fast, ultra-portable storage solution for USB-C enabled devices
980+ In stock
US: 926 | CA: 54
Turn two M.2 SATA drives into ultra-fast, portable storage with RAID for increased performance or redundancy
194+ In stock
US: 183 | CA: 11
Connect a USB Type-C device to your laptop or desktop computer with reduced clutter
USB-A to USB-C™ Cable | USB-IF Certified | USB 3.1 (10Gbps)
Connect your USB Type-C devices, with reduced clutter
Connect your USB Type-C devices
Compliance and Safety
Warning: See Proposition 65 Notice
California Proposition 65 Warning
Warning: Cancer and reproductive harm — www.p65warnings.ca.gov
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.
* Same day shipping is only available for orders shipping within the United States.
Customer Reviews1 (1 reviews)
1 out of 5 stars
Quality of Product
Tell us what you think of this product.
Need a little help getting started? Check out our review guidelines.
M.2 NVMe SSD Enclosure for PCIe SSDs - USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C
Product ID: M2E1BMU31C