Black Aluminum 5.25in Professional SATA Hard Drive Mobile Rack Drawer
Swap SATA hard drives in and out of a PC or server, quickly and securely
Fits a single SATA drive into a front accessible 5.25" bay
Heavy duty aluminum construction for the drive caddy and bay
Key lockable drive caddy
This high quality Removable SATA Hard Drive Drawer/Mobile Rack delivers a professional-grade SATA hot-swap solution, allowing you to quickly swap Serial ATA hard drives in and out of a computer without having to open the computer case.
Simply install the (included) drive bay into a 5.25in drive bay on the host computer, then mount a 3.5in SATA HDD in the (removable) caddy. Connecting the SATA hard drive to the computer is as easy as inserting the caddy into the drive bay, which can be locked to prevent unauthorized removal of the installed SATA drive.
To maximize performance and utilize the full speed potential of your SATA III hard drives, this HDD Backplane supports SATA III for transfer speeds up to 6 Gbps when paired with compatible controller.
A practical, time-saving hot swap solution, the drive drawer includes Swap Manager utility software that lets users swap drives in and out of the host computer without powering down the computer.
A suitable solution for large volume drives, allowing you to swap in large amounts of data in a matter of seconds. With support for SATA HDD speeds up to 6.0 Gbps, the mobile rack/backplane is fully compatible with RAID installations to ensure maximum performance and versatility for enhanced storage applications.
The drive caddy features two front panel ball bearing fans that help keep the enclosed drive cool, in turn helping to optimize operation while preserving drive lifespan. To prevent damage to the hard drive(s) while being transferred in and out of the computer, the drive caddy features shock absorbers and rubber cushioning that help limit vibration/shock to the drive.
A dependable, long-lasting storage solution, the drive drawer/mobile rack features highly durable aluminum construction, with a 7K insertion rating and is backed by StarTech.com's 2-year warranty.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Maximize performance, with file transfer speeds up to 6Gbps when paired with SATA III HDD and controller
- Mobile rack system makes removing/replacing drives quick and safe, while a key lock prevents unauthorized access to the drive
- Rubber shock absorbers, and solid aluminum construction ensure the drive is protected both inside and outside the computer system
No additional drivers or software required.
- Add additional hot-swap bays to a server or workstation computer
- Replace or upgrade old IDE backplane with a SATA backplane
- System builders who need to image many drives simultaneously and quickly
- Environments where drives need to be replaced/removed regularly, without external protection for the drives required after removal
- Be able to replace/remove individual drives from a storage array with minimal or no system down time
|ASI Distribution USA||108011|
|D and H||DRW115SATBK|
|Ingram Micro USA||C45826|
|Compatible Drive Types||SATA|
|Fan Bearing Type||Ball Bearing|
|Fans||2 - 40 mm|
|Drive Connectors||1 - SATA (7 pin, Data) Receptacle|
|1 - SATA Power (15 pin) Receptacle|
|Host Connectors||1 - LP4 (4 pin, Molex Large Drive Power) Male|
|1 - SATA (7 pin, Data) Plug|
|1 - SATA Power (15 pin) Plug|
|OS Compatibility||OS independent; No software or drivers required|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|Note||Unit is model specific and is not meant for use with different models of drive drawer unless otherwise stated|
|System and Cable Requirements||PC or Mac with a 5.25 Inch Drive Bay|
|LED Indicators||1 - Fan Failure (Red)|
|1 - Power (Green)|
|Humidity||10% ~ 80% RH|
|Operating Temperature||-5°C to 50°C (23°F to 122°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 65°C (-4°F to 149°F)|
|Product Height||1.6 in [41 mm]|
|Product Length||8.7 in [220 mm]|
|Product Weight||34.6 oz [980 g]|
|Product Width||5.8 in [148 mm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||2.4 lb [1.1 kg]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - 5.25" Mobile Rack Bay|
|1 - Mobile Rack Caddy|
|2 - Key|
|1 - Screw kit|
|1 - Software CD|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Turn additional 3.5in SATA hard drives into extra hot-swap drives for the DRW115SATBK
Keep a spare set of keys handy for use with any DRW11x series Mobile Rack
Share your opinions about this product
Thanks for sharing your opinions about the DRW115SATBK. When writing your review, please focus on the performance and quality of this product. Your comments will help guide others. If possible, include examples of how you use the product, things you like or things you wish were different about it.
Average Customer Ratings
|Quality of Product|
Drivers & Downloads
- Country of Origin (COO)
- Letter of Conformity (LOC)
- Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive (WEEE)
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.
* Same day shipping is only available for orders shipping within the United States.
Startech.com - Black Aluminum 5.25in Professional SATA Hard Drive Mobile Rack Drawer