DVI DDC EDID Ghosting Emulator with EDID Copy
Copy or emulate Extended Display Identification (EDID) data for optimal display settings
Product ID: VSEDIDDVI
The VSEDIDDVI DVI EDID Emulator enables you to capture and retain Extended Display Identification Data from a monitor, which can then be connected to the video signal source (Video Extender, KVM Switch, etc.) to pass the EDID information and ensure the proper video settings are maintained.
EDID information contains important display settings such as maximum image size, color characteristics, factory pre-set timings, frequency range limits, etc., and since most video extender systems don’t offer EDID communication between the source and remote display, the DVI EDID Emulator is a perfect workaround for ensuring the optimum signal is provided to the display to help prolong the life of your displays.
This product is TAA compliant and backed by a Startech.com 3-year warranty with free lifetime technical support.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- EDID Copy feature saves time by making sure your display works the way you want it
- Simple rotary switch enables you to quickly emulate the EDID settings that you want
- Sturdy steel enclosure provides durability for harsh environments
Detect EDID settings and capture them to trick your computer into thinking the display directly connected
Emulate (spoof) EDID information ensuring optimal resolution when a display's EDID is not available or properly detected
|Maximum Digital Resolutions||2560x1600|
|Supported Resolutions||2560x1600, 2560x1440, 2048x1152, 1920x1440, 1920x1200, 1920x1080, 1680x1050, 1600x1200, 1600x900, 1440x900, 1366x768, 1280x1024, 1280x720, 1024x768|
|Connector A||1 - DVI-I (29 pin) Female Input|
|Connector B||1 - DVI-I (29 pin) Female Output|
|LED Indicators||1 - Power / Error|
|Output Voltage||5 DC|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 60°C (-4°F to 140°F)|
|Product Height||22 mm [0.9 in]|
|Product Length||80 mm [3.1 in]|
|Product Weight||123 g [4.3 oz]|
|Product Width||52 mm [2 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||0.2 kg [0.5 lb]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - DVI EDID Emulator|
|1 - USB to DC Power Cable|
|1 - Pack, Rubber Feet|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Add copied or ghosted EDID (Extended Display Identification Data) to your HDMI signal to ensure compatibility with your display or projector
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
Digital Visual Interface (DVI) is a video display interface that can contain different types of signaling, based on the application. DVI cables and ports are created using different connector types to identify what application they are intended to be used in. The connector types are identified by the number of pins on the DVI connector. DVI comes in the following five different connector types:
- DVI-A (17 pin).
- DVI-D Single Link (19 pin).
- DVI-D Dual Link (25 pin).
- DVI-I Single Link (23 pin).
- DVI-I Dual Link (29 pin).
Single and Dual link DVI indicate the maximum resolution capabilities of the video source or video destination. The maximum resolutions are Single Link (1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz) and Dual Link (2560 x 1600 @ 60Hz).
Note: The maximum resolution of your video source and video destination are ultimately determined by the technical specifications of the devices. The connector type is not a definitive indicator of the maximum resolution.
DVI-A carries only analog (for example, VGA) with no digital component. DVI-D carries only digital video (for example, HDMI) with no analog component. DVI-I combines DVI-A and DVI-D connections to include both analog and digital components. A DVI-I port may be on either your video source or display, but whether or not a display carries either or both analog and digital sources depends on the technical specifications of your device.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.