12in 15 pin SATA Power Extension Cable
Extend a SATA Power Connection by up to 12in
Product ID: SATAPOWEXT12
The SATAPOWEXT12 SATA Power Extension Cable (15-pin, 12-inch) enables you to extend the reach between internal SATA power and drive connections by up to 12 inches.
The extension cable helps to simplify drive installation by overcoming typical connection limitations and reduces the risk of damage to the drive or motherboard SATA connectors by eliminating the need to strain or stretch the cable in order to make the necessary connection.
This SATA Power Extension Cord is backed by StarTech.com’s lifetime warranty.
- Provides flexibility in SATA drive and cable placement, when building or upgrading systems
- Extend SATA backplane adapter connections
- Extend SATA Drive Dock connections
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Extends the reach from the SATA power connection to your SATA drive by up to 12”, providing more flexibility
- Eliminates the need to bend or strain the SATA cable to account for a lack of space
- Backed by a StarTech.com lifetime warranty
|Connector A||1 - SATA Power (15 pin) Plug|
|Connector B||1 - SATA Power (15 pin) Receptacle|
|Cable Length||304.8 mm [12 in]|
|Product Height||10 mm [0.4 in]|
|Product Length||304.8 mm [12 in]|
|Product Weight||23 g [0.8 oz]|
|Product Width||25 mm [1 in]|
|Wire Gauge||18 AWG|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||28 g [1 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - 12in 15 pin SATA Power Extension Cable|
Extend SATA Power Connections by up to 8in
Extend SATA Power and Data Connections by up to 1ft
Extend SATA Data Connections by up to 30cm (12in)
Frequently Asked Questions
When you troubleshoot issues with an internal power cable, there are some quick tests that you can complete to rule out potential problems. You can test to make sure that the following components are working correctly and are not the source of the issue:
To test your setup components, try the following:
Use the power supply, computer part, and power cable in another setup to see if the problem is with the components or the setup.
Use a different power supply, computer part, and power cable in your setup to see if the problem persists. Ideally, you should test a component that you know works in another setup.
When you test your cable, it is recommended that you do the following:
Make sure that the cable is firmly inserted into both ends.
The polarity (usually indicated by the color of the cables) matches.
No pins are bent or missing on the power supply cable or header, or the computer part.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.