10 Port L2 Managed Gigabit Ethernet Switch with 2 Open SFP Slots - Rack Mountable
Scale your network and connect up to 10 different Gigabit Ethernet devices, including 8x RJ45 + 2x fiber optic connections using the SFPs of your choice
Product ID: IES101002SFP
- 8x RJ45 ports + 2 fiber SFP slots, merged into a convenient Gigabit network switch
- Compliant with most SFP modules, for broad compatibility and flexibility
- Layer 2 management capabilities, for improved network control, efficiency, and stability
The IES101002SFP 10-port Ethernet switch delivers flexibility and control of your network by letting you connect a combination of RJ45 and fiber Ethernet devices. Plus, with Layer 2 management capabilities you can customize your settings to achieve optimal network performance, offering improved efficiency and reliability over typical Layer 1 and unmanaged network switches.
This versatile switch adapts to your network fiber connection and distance needs to offer flexible configuration via 2 open SFP slots, and you can choose your preferred GbE SFP transceiver as required. Plus, you can integrate fiber devices and cables into your network infrastructure, which can help to eliminate bandwidth, latency, and electronic interference issues.
To avoid the nuisance and added costs of different and additional switch types, this clever switch also offers 8 RJ45 Ethernet ports, giving you two effective interfaces for connecting both fiber and copper connections to just a single network device.
The scalable switch offers Layer 2 management capabilities, which lets you control packet traffic on a busy network, and in turn provides enhanced efficiency and stability of networked applications. For even more flexibility and control, the IES101002SFP offers essential features such as support for jumbo frames, link aggregation, VLAN tagging, and web or console-based command lines, as well as rackmount installation brackets.
This reliable metal switch is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Connect both copper and fiber Ethernet devices to just a single switch
- Interconnect a fiber device to a copper device and use the SFP ports to daisy chain multiple switches together
- Use fiber optic cable to connect to your network from remote areas, at greater distances than copper cable would permit
- Ideal for secure setups, fiber connections provide reduced electronic interference in complex network infrastructures
- Install in a server rack or cabinet in a network room or test lab environment
- Easily expand the number of ports on your existing network, perfect for small or medium business environments
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Advanced network flexibility, with support for copper and fiber connections as well as layer 2 management capabilities
- Adapt to your network configuration using the SFP fiber transceiver module of your choice, through 2 open SFP slots
- Adaptable installation options perfect for server and network rooms, with provided rackmount brackets
|Industry Standards||IEEE 802.3 10BASE-T, IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX, IEEE 802.3ab 1000BASE-T|
|IEEE 802.3z 1000Base-SX/LX|
|IEEE 802.3az Energy-Efficient Ethernet, IEEE 802.3x Flow Control, IEEE 802.1q VLAN Tagging, IEEE 802.1p QoS, IEEE 802.1x Port-Based Network Access Control, IEEE802.3ad Link Aggregation, IEEE 802.1d Spanning Tree Protocol, IEEE 802.1w Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol|
|Interface||RJ45 (Gigabit Ethernet)|
|Buffer Size||4 MB|
|Compatible Networks||10/100/1000 Mbps|
|Flow Control||Half-duplex back-pressure, IEEE 802.3x full-duplex|
|Full Duplex Support||Yes|
|Jumbo Frame Support||9.6K max.|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||2000 Mbps (2 Gbps) - Full-Duplex|
|Supported Protocols||IEEE 802.3ad Port Trunk with LACP, IEEE 802.1D Spanning Tree Protocol, IEEE 802.1w Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol, IEEE 802.1s Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol, IEEE 802.1p Class of Service, RFC 3810 MLD version 2, RFC 792 ICMP, RFC 2068 HTTP, RFC 1112 IGMP version 1, RFC 2236 IGMP version 2, RFC 3376 IGMP version 3, RFC 2710 MLD version 1, IEEE 802.1Q VLAN Tagging, IEEE 802.1x Port Authentication Network Control, bIEEE 802.1ab LLDP, RFC 768 UDP, RFC 793 TFTP, RFC 791 IP|
|Connector Type(s)||8 - RJ-45 Female|
|2 - SFP Slot Female|
|1 - RJ-45 Console Female|
|OS Compatibility||OS Independent; No additional drivers or software required|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|Note||Fiber data transfer speeds and distances are dependent on the SFP used (sold separately)|
|LED Indicators||10 - Link / Activity|
|1 - Power|
|1 - System|
|Input Current||1.0 A|
|Input Voltage||90 ~ 260 AC|
|Power Consumption (In Watts)||14|
|Power Source||AC Adapter Included|
|Humidity||10~90% RH (Non-Condensing)|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 90°C (-4°F to 194°F)|
|Product Height||4.4 cm [1.7 in]|
|Product Length||26.3 cm [10.4 in]|
|Product Width||16 cm [6.3 in]|
|Weight of Product||1.1 kg [2.4 lb]|
|Package Height||67 mm [2.6 in]|
|Package Length||46.5 cm [18.3 in]|
|Package Width||20.9 cm [8.2 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||2.2 kg [4.9 lb]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - 10 Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch w/ 2 Open SFP Slots|
|2 - Mounting Brackets (1 set)|
|3 - Power Cords (NA/UK/EU)|
|1 - Instruction Manual (CD)|
|1 - Quick Start Guide|
Network up to 5 Ethernet devices through a rugged, industrial Gigabit Ethernet switch - DIN / Wall Mountable
6 Port Unmanaged Industrial Gigabit Ethernet Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports and Voltage Regulation - DIN Rail / Wall-Mountable
Connect Gigabit Ethernet data and power to 4 PoE-enabled devices, with 2 additional GbE ports and redundant power input
8 Port Unmanaged Industrial Gigabit Power over Ethernet Switch - 802.3af/at PoE+ Switch - Wall Mountable
Connect power and Gigabit Ethernet data to 8 PoE-enabled devices, with 30W per-port output - Wall Mountable
Cisco GLC-LH-SM Compatible SFP Module - 1000BASE-LX/LH - - 1GE Gigabit Ethernet SFP - LC 20km - 1310nm - Cisco IE3400, IE3300, IE3200
1000 Mbps (1 Gbps) | Single & Multi Mode Fiber | LC | 10 km (6.2 mi) | Lifetime Warranty
Cisco GLC-SX-MM Compatible SFP Module - 1000BASE-SX - 1GbE Multimode Fiber MMF Optic Transceiver - 1GE Gigabit Ethernet SFP - LC 550m - 850nm - Cisco IE3400, IE3300, IE3200
1000 Mbps (1 Gbps) | Multi Mode Fiber | LC | 550 m (1804 ft) | Lifetime Warranty
Cisco SFP-GE-S Compatible SFP Module - 1000BASE-SX - 1GbE Multimode Fiber MMF Optic Transceiver - 1GE Gigabit Ethernet SFP - LC 2km - 850nm - DDM Cisco IE3400, IE3300, IE3200
1000 Mbps (1 Gbps) | Multi Mode Fiber | LC | 550 m (1804 ft) | Lifetime Warranty
Cisco GLC-LH-SMD Compatible SFP Module - 1000BASE-LH - 1GbE Single Mode Fiber SMF Optic Transceiver - 1GE Gigabit Ethernet SFP - LC 20km - 1310nm - DDM Cisco Firepower, IE2000, IE4000
1000 Mbps (1 Gbps) | Single Mode Fiber | LC | 20 km (12.4 mi) | Lifetime Warranty
Connect your computer's serial port to the RJ45 console port on your Cisco router
A cost-effective way to connect, configure, and manage a remote RS-232 serial device over an IP network
Frequently Asked Questions
This device's default static IP address is 192.168.2.1.
To perform a factory reset, hold down the Reset button for 10 to 15 seconds. This will cause the system to reboot and reset all settings. The System LED will go out briefly and then start flashing once the reset has occurred.
- Make sure that the IES101002SFP is on the same network as your computer.
- In an Internet browser, enter the IP address of the unit. The default IP address is 192.168.2.1.
- In the user name field, enter the user name. The default user name is admin.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.