February 27, 2018
StarTech.com releases two new Thunderbolt™ 3 adapters to connect USB and eSATA peripherals.
Lockbourne, OH - February 27, 2018 - StarTech.com has announced the release of two new Thunderbolt™ 3 adapters that enable access to many different external peripherals and devices using various interfaces. The two new Thunderbolt 3 accessories allow users to extend the life of their external hard drives, USB devices and other specialized laptop peripherals.
The first new Thunderbolt 3 accessory, the Thunderbolt 3 to USB 3.1 Controller Adapter (SKU: TB33A1C), provides dedicated USB 3.0 bandwidth to three USB-A ports and one USB-C™ port (total of 20 Gbps). The adapter gives the user access to high performance USB peripherals such as storage controllers and 3D scanners from Thunderbolt 3 based laptops. The second new product, the Thunderbolt 3 eSATA Adapter with USB 3.1 (10 Gbps) Port (SKU: TB3ESATU31), offers connections to an external eSATA hard drive or SSD, and to a USB device simultaneously. Both products are beneficial for Windows® and MacBook Pro users, where no USB-A ports are available.
“StarTech.com continues to provide connectivity products that take advantage of Thunderbolt 3 technology and maximize the user’s experience while preserving their existing investment in peripherals. These products extend the life of high performance legacy peripheral products while allowing users to transition to a Thunderbolt 3 based laptop,” said Nirav Gandhi, Director, Product Development, StarTech.com.
Features of the new Thunderbolt 3 accessories include:
Thunderbolt 3 to USB 3.1 Controller Adapter (SKU: TB33A1C)
- Four times the bandwidth of a traditional USB 3.0 hub, flexible configuration with three USB-A and one USB-C port
- Flexible connectivity to existing USB 3.0 devices, while being future ready for USB-C devices
- 2nd Thunderbolt 3 port to daisy chain additional Thunderbolt 3 devices, DisplayPort monitor, or fifth USB device with dedicated 10Gbps bandwidth
- Stylish aluminum housing design with included Thunderbolt 3 cable
- Convenient front charging port for mobile devices
- External power adapter included for support of USB devices with larger draw
Thunderbolt 3 eSATA Adapter with USB 3.1 (10 Gbps) Port (SKU: TB3ESATU31)
- Provides both an eSATA (6 Gbps) and a USB 3.1 (Gen 2 Type-A, 10 Gbps) port connection from a single Thunderbolt 3 port
- Supports Thunderbolt 3 data rates of up to 20Gbps, with two dedicated PCI Express lanes (one per port)
- Compact and durable housing design with an integrated Thunderbolt 3 cable, for maximum portability
- Supplies power for bus-powered devices (up to 1A on USB port)
Thunderbolt 3 brings Thunderbolt to USB-C at speeds up to 40 Gb/s, creating one compact port that does it all - delivering the fastest, most versatile connection to any dock, display, or data device. For the first time, one computer port connects to Thunderbolt devices, every display, and billions of USB devices. A single cable now provides four times the data and twice the video bandwidth of any other cable, while also supplying power.
The new Thunderbolt 3 accessories are available at CDW, Amazon.com, Newegg.com, PC Connection, and Insight and will be distributed by Ingram Micro, SYNNEX, Tech Data, D&H and ASI.
Thunderbolt and the Thunderbolt logo are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S and/or other countries.
USB Type-C™ and USB-C™ are trademarks of USB Implementers Forum.
Windows® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.