How do I set up my video extender?
There are a few things you'll want to take care of before you deploy your new video extender in your setup.
It’s important to make sure you have everything you will need ahead of time. These items are listed below.
- Video source
- Video cables
- (Optional) Ethernet or fiber cables
- (Optional) Power adapter(s)
It’s also important to test everything in a simplified setup ahead of time to make sure everything works and that you understand how it works.
In order to set up your video extender, complete the following:
- Position your video transmitter near your video source.
- Connect the video output from your video source to the video transmitter.
- (Optional) Connect the power adapter to the video transmitter.
Note: Not all video extenders require external power, or require external power on both ends. Refer to the manual for more information.
- Position your video receiver near your display.
- Connect the video output from your video receiver to your display.
- (Optional) Connect the power adapter to the video receiver.
- If using a wired video extender, connect your network cabling between the video transmitter and the video receiver.
- (Optional) If you are extending anything else supported by your video extender connect those devices to the transmitter and receiver.
- (Optional) If you are using a wireless extender, there may be a sync button you need to press to pair the transmitter and receiver.
Now that you have set up your video extender, you can check that everything is working. You should be able to see your video source's output on the display connected to the video receiver.
If at this point you have further questions regarding a Startech.com video extender, contact our technical support team for further assistance.