Composite and S-Video to VGA Video Converter
Convert and scale a composite or S-Video signal to work with a VGA monitor
Product ID: VID2VGATV
This Composite/S-Video to VGA video converter scales and converts composite video, s-video, and YCbCr (RGB) video to VGA/HDTV – a simple solution for connecting non-VGA/HDTV enabled equipment to VGA or HDTV display devices like CRT monitors, VGA projectors, LCD displays and plasma displays.
The video converter automatically detects your source’s input resolution and allows you to customize its output resolution and refresh rate through an easy to use on-screen-display menu – providing a convenient, easy-to-use way to get the most from your HD display.
- Display video feeds from DVD players on VGA input projectors and HDTV sets
- Monitor Security cameras with s-video or composite signaling using VGA monitors or televisions
- Adapt VHS tapes in the classroom to show videos on newer televisions
- Convert legacy Medical imaging equipment to display on computer monitors
- Use in the Conference Room to adapt legacy video equipment and connect to newer projectors
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Adjustments for brightness, contrast, color, RGB level and horizontal/vertical positioning offers flexibility
- Automatically detects the input resolution while allowing you to customize the output resolution and refresh rate using the on-screen-display for ensuring compatibility with your display
- Pure hardware design with no software installation required provides an easy to use and install solution
|Active or Passive Adapter||Active|
Video @ 1V p-p, 75 ohm
Y @ 1 V p-p, 75 ohm
Color @ 0.7V p-p, 75 ohm
|Supported Resolutions||PC Output (RGBHV, progressive scan)
640 x 480, 800 x 600, 1024 x 768, 1280 x 768, 1280 x 1024
HDTV (50/60Hz, YPbPr/RGBHV)
480p, 576p, 720p, 1080i
|Connector A||1 - Component Video (3 x RCA) Female Input|
|1 - Composite Video (1 x RCA) Female|
|1 - S-Video (4 pin, Mini-DIN) Female|
|Connector B||1 - VGA (15 pin, High Density D-Sub) Female Output|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|Note||Multiple refresh rates supported on PC output - See product manual for full list|
|Center Tip Polarity||Positive|
|Output Voltage||5 DC|
|Power Consumption (In Watts)||13|
|Power Source||AC Adapter Included|
|Humidity||20 - 90% (non-condensing)|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 60°C (-4°F to 140°F)|
|Product Height||3 cm [1.2 in]|
|Product Length||14.6 cm [5.7 in]|
|Product Width||77 mm [3 in]|
|Weight of Product||240 g [8.5 oz]|
|Package Height||13.8 cm [5.4 in]|
|Package Length||25.2 cm [9.9 in]|
|Package Width||62 mm [2.4 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||0.9 kg [2 lb]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - Video to HDTV/VGA Scaler|
|1 - Plastic Bracket|
|1 - 3ft (1m) Composite RCA Cable|
|1 - 3ft (1m) VGA to YPbPr M/M|
|1 - 4ft (1.2m) S-Video cable|
|1 - 4ft (1.2m) VGA cable M-M|
|1 - YCbCr RCA to 8 pin DIN adapter|
|1 - Universal Power Adapter (US/UK/EU/AUS)|
|1 - User Manual|
Replace your lost or failed power adapter
Connect your VGA monitor with the highest quality connection available
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
Unfortunately no, this device has an intended source and an intended destination. Refer to the title of the webpage for this order.
This is an active video signal converter.
A passive video signal converter changes the type of connection that is being used but does not change the signal that passes through the converter. Because the video signal is not modified, passive converters tend to be smaller, simpler, and less expensive than active video signal converters. Examples of passive converters include DVI-I to VGA, HDMI to DVI, and DisplayPort to Mini-DisplayPort converters.
An active video signal converter modifies both the type of connection that is being used and the signal that passes through the converter. Because this type of conversion can be complex, active converters tend to be larger than passive video signal converters and sometimes require additional power. Examples of active converters include DVI-D to VGA, HDMI to DisplayPort, and VGA to HDMI converters.
For more information about passive and active DisplayPort video signal converters, refer to the following FAQ: https://www.startech.com/faq/DisplayPort_Converter_DP_Multi_Mode.
For more information about which type of video signal converter you should use when you convert video signals with an MST hub, refer to the following FAQ: https://www.startech.com/faq/mst_hubs_passive_vs_active_adapters.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.