Micro HDMI to VGA Adapter Converter with Audio for Smartphones / Ultrabooks / Tablets - 1920x1200
Convert a Micro HDMI® video signal to VGA, with discrete audio output
Product ID: MCHD2VGAA2
- Supports output resolutions up to 1920x1080
- Easy to use with no software required
- Compact, lightweight, and portable design
- Supported on any VGA display, including televisions and projectors
The MCHD2VGAA2 Micro HDMI® to VGA Video Adapter enables you to connect a Smartphone or tablet that outputs content through a Micro HDMI connector to a VGA-capable display device (television, monitor, projector), and also offers discrete 2-channel analog audio output from the Micro HDMI® source. The Micro HDMI to VGA adapter is intended for displaying user generated content such as presentations, documents, and work sheets onto a VGA projector or monitor.
This versatile adapter supports high definition output, including 1080p for HDTV connections, and up to 1920x1080 for computer VGA monitors.
The MCHD2VGAA2 Micro HDMI® to VGA Video Adapter is backed by 3-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Adds value to an Ultrabook, tablet or smartphone equipped with Micro HDMI® output, by broadening compatibility with commonly available VGA display devices (Television, Monitor, Projector)
- Saves the time and hassle of finding a power outlet/source, by not requiring an external power adapter
|Active or Passive Adapter||Active|
|AV Input||Micro HDMI|
|AV Output||3.5 mm Stereo Audio|
|Industry Standards||HDMI®, HDCP|
|Audio Specifications||2 Channel|
|Maximum Analog Resolutions||1920x1080|
|Maximum Digital Resolutions||1920x1080 (1080p) @ 60Hz|
|Supported Resolutions||1920x1080 (1080p) @ 60Hz|
|Wide Screen Supported||Yes|
|Connector A||1 - Micro HDMI (19 pin) Male Input|
|Connector B||1 - VGA (15 pin, High Density D-Sub) Female Output|
|1 - 3.5 mm Mini-Jack (3 Position) Female Output|
|Connector Type(s)||1 - USB Micro-B (5 pin) Female|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 60°C (32°F to 140°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-10°C to 70°C (14°F to 158°F)|
|Product Height||1.5 cm [0.6 in]|
|Product Length||25.8 cm [10.2 in]|
|Product Width||45 mm [1.8 in]|
|Weight of Product||39 g [1.4 oz]|
|Package Height||20 mm [0.8 in]|
|Package Length||21.8 cm [8.6 in]|
|Package Width||80 mm [3.1 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||58 g [2 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - Micro HDMI® to VGA Adapter Converter|
Connect a DVI monitor to a single-mode DisplayPort output from your computer
Connect your DVI monitor to a DisplayPort equipped computer using a single cable
Connect your HDMI® monitor or HDTV to a DisplayPort® equipped computer
Connect HDMI® enabled devices to a VGA monitor with stereo audio separation
Charge or sync micro USB mobile devices from a standard USB port on your desktop or mobile computer
Connect your VGA monitor with the highest quality connection available
Connect an iPhone® or other MP3 player to a car stereo
10 ft slim profile Stereo 3.5mm audio cable
Easily connect an iPod or other MP3 player to your stereo
Connect your Computer or Audio Player to an RCA Audio Device
Connect your computer or audio player to an RCA audio device
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
Unfortunately no, this device has an intended source and an intended destination. Refer to the title of the webpage for this order.
This is an active video signal converter.
A passive video signal converter changes the type of connection that is being used but does not change the signal that passes through the converter. Because the video signal is not modified, passive converters tend to be smaller, simpler, and less expensive than active video signal converters. Examples of passive converters include DVI-I to VGA, HDMI to DVI, and DisplayPort to Mini-DisplayPort converters.
An active video signal converter modifies both the type of connection that is being used and the signal that passes through the converter. Because this type of conversion can be complex, active converters tend to be larger than passive video signal converters and sometimes require additional power. Examples of active converters include DVI-D to VGA, HDMI to DisplayPort, and VGA to HDMI converters.
For more information about passive and active DisplayPort video signal converters, refer to the following FAQ: https://www.startech.com/faq/DisplayPort_Converter_DP_Multi_Mode.
For more information about which type of video signal converter you should use when you convert video signals with an MST hub, refer to the following FAQ: https://www.startech.com/faq/mst_hubs_passive_vs_active_adapters.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.