HDMI Signal Booster - HDMI Extender - 4K 60Hz
Use this repeater to amplify your 4K HDMI signal and extend it 30 ft. using a standard HDMI cable
Product ID: HDBOOST4K
- Astonishing picture quality with support for 4K (60Hz) at up to 30 ft. (10 m) away from your video source
- Backward compatible with 1080p resolutions at up to 115 ft. (35 m) away from your video source
- Discreet installation with no external power adapter required
This 4K HDMI® signal booster lets you increase the signal strength of your HDMI video source so it can travel greater distances using standard HDMI cables. You can achieve resolutions up to 4K at 60Hz at distances of up to 30 ft. (10 m), and depending on your desired resolution, the booster supports distances up to 115 ft. (35 m) away at 1080p 60Hz resolution.
To install the booster, place it between two HDMI cables. Reference the table below for supported resolutions and cable lengths.
|Total cable length||Maximum
|50 ft. (15 m)||65 ft. (20 m)||115 ft. (35 m)||1080p (60 Hz) - 1920x1080|
|32 ft. (10 m)||50 ft. (15 m)||82 ft. (25 m)||4K (30 Hz) - 3840x2160|
|15 ft. (5 m)||15 ft. (5 m)||30 ft. (10 m)||4K (60 Hz) - 3840x2160|
Maintains Ultra HD 4K video signals at 60Hz
When you’re extending HDMI over distances using standard video cabling, higher resolutions from your HDMI 2.0 devices can become unavailable after a few feet. Using this HDMI signal booster ensures that HDMI 2.0 resolutions up to UHD 4K at 60Hz are available even at distances up to 30 ft. (10 m).
You can achieve even longer distances at lower resolutions -- up to 4K at 30Hz, at up to 82 ft. (25 m), and 1080p at 60Hz at up to 115 ft. (35 m).
Easy and discreet installation
With its small form factor design and no external power adapter, the HDMI booster is easy to hide, for a discreet installation. By extending your video signal using standard HDMI cables, the 4K booster is a cost-effective alternative to more expensive extension systems that require the installation of a CAT5 or CAT6 cabling infrastructure.
Supports a variety of distances
The booster makes it easy to adjust your HDMI signal strength based on the distance of your cables, with equalization adjustment buttons. This means that you can adjust the amplification of your HDMI signal, to ensure your signal will be flawless.
Support for a variety of extension distances makes the booster perfect for multi-device deployment across large institutions, such as boardrooms in corporate offices, classrooms in schools, or waiting rooms in hospitals, as these applications may require varied distances in different rooms.
Note: To achieve resolutions up to 4K60, your video source, display and cabling must support HDMI 2.0.
The HDBOOST4K is TAA compliant and backed by a 2-year StarTech.com warranty with free lifetime technical support.
|Max Distance||35 m / 115 ft|
|Maximum Cable Length||35 m [114.8 ft]|
|Maximum Digital Resolutions||At 10 m
Up to 4K at 60Hz
At 25 m
Up to 4K at 30Hz
At 35 m
Up to 1080p
|Supported Resolutions||3840x2160 (4K), 2560x1600, 1920x1200, 1920x1080 (1080p), 1280x720 (720p)|
|Wide Screen Supported||Yes|
|Connector A||1 - HDMI (19 pin) Female Input|
|Connector B||1 - HDMI (19 pin) Female Output|
|LED Indicators||1 - Power LED|
|Humidity||20°C to 80°C (68°F to 176°F)|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 35°C (32°F to 95°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-5°C to 40°C (23°F to 104°F)|
|Product Height||1.5 cm [0.6 in]|
|Product Length||56 mm [2.2 in]|
|Product Width||46 mm [1.8 in]|
|Weight of Product||150 g [5.3 oz]|
|Package Height||46 mm [1.8 in]|
|Package Length||15.7 cm [6.2 in]|
|Package Width||10.1 cm [4 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||0.2 kg [0.4 lb]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - HDMI signal booster|
|1 - 5 ft [1.5 m] USB power cable|
Amplify the strength of your HDMI signal to extend your video source up to 115 ft. over standard HDMI cable
Amplify the strength of your DisplayPort signal to extend your video source up to 65 ft. over standard DP cabling
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
Yes, this video extender works with set-top boxes, provided the set-top box meets the following requirements:
- The set-top box must be High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) compliant.
- The set-top box must support devices being connected between the video source and display. If the set-top box requires a direct cable connection between the video source and display, it won't work with this video extender.
HDMI 2.0 offers some new features that were not available with the HDMI 1.4 standard, including the following:
- 4K resolution (4096x2160) at 60 Hz
- 21:9 aspect ratio support
- Four audio streams
- High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) version 2.2
Although HDMI 2.0 is backwards compatible with older HDMI standards, newer HDMI devices need to support HDCP 2.2 in order to display new content. If you use an HDMI device that only supports HDCP 2.0, an error will be displayed when you try to display content that has HDCP 2.2.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.