USB-C to HDMI Adapter - White
USB Type-C™ to HDMI Converter | Thunderbolt™ 3 Compatible | DP Alt Mode
Product ID: CDP2HDW
This USB-C to HDMI adapter lets you to output 4K video and audio from the USB Type-C port on your laptop to an HDMI display or projector. The adapter works with USB 3.1 or Thunderbolt 3 Type-C devices that pass a DP video signal, such as your MacBook Pro, Chromebook or 2018 iPad Pro.
This video adapter is also available in black (CDP2HD).
Enjoy High-Definition Resolution up to 4K at 30Hz
This adapter lets you harness the video capabilities from your computer's USB-C connection, to deliver the astonishing quality of UHD to a 4K 30Hz display.
You can achieve an output resolution of up to 3840 x 2160p at 30Hz, perfect for performing high-resolution tasks. Plus, the USB-C display adapter is backward compatible with 1080p monitors and displays, making it a great accessory for any workspace application.
Hassle-Free Connection to Your USB Type-C Laptop
This HDMI converter lets you use the versatile USB Type-C port on your portable device. USB-C is a reversible connector, so you can plug it to your device in any direction. Plus, it’s Thunderbolt 3 compatible, providing a hassle-free connection to your Windows or Mac-based Thunderbolt 3 computer.
Lightweight Design Makes it the Perfect Travel Companion
This compact, lightweight USB-C video adapter is easy to carry in your laptop bag. It's ideal for BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) applications at the office and is compatible with any device that supports USB-C DP Alt Mode.
CDP2HDW is backed by a 2-year StarTech.com warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Connect your laptop to a provided HDMI display at work
- Deliver presentations from USB-C laptops to HDMI displays
- Connect an HDMI monitor to your USB-C laptop as a secondary display
|AV Input||USB Type-C|
|Chipset ID||Parade - PS171
STMicroelectronics - STM32F072CBU6
|Audio Specifications||7.1 surround sound|
|Maximum Digital Resolutions||3840 x 2160 (Ultra HD 4K) @30hz|
1280x720 (High-definition 720p)
1920x1080 (High-definition 1080p)
3840 x 2160 (Ultra HD 4K) @30hz
|Video Revision||HDMI 1.4|
|Wide Screen Supported||Yes|
|Connector A||1 - USB-C (24 pin) DisplayPort Alt Mode Male Input|
|Connector B||1 - HDMI (19 pin) Female Output|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|System and Cable Requirements||Your USB-C port must support DisplayPort over USB-C (DP Alt mode) in order to work with this adapter.|
|Product Height||0.9 cm [0.4 in]|
|Product Length||14.7 cm [5.8 in]|
|Product Width||23 mm [0.9 in]|
|Weight of Product||22 g [0.8 oz]|
|Package Height||12 mm [0.5 in]|
|Package Length||22.1 cm [8.7 in]|
|Package Width||22.5 cm [8.9 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||31 g [1.1 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - USB-C to HDMI adapter|
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
USB-C is a type of USB connector that is capable of supporting the following:
- Data transfer speeds up to 10Gbps, if you use USB 3.1.
- Bi-directional power delivery up to 100W, if both the USB host connection and the device support it.
- Alternate modes, which deliver different types of data at different speeds. For example, DisplayPort Alternate Mode (DP Alt Mode).
If using Thunderbolt 3 over USB-C, the connection is capable of additional features. For example, Thunderbolt 3 is capable of 40Gbps of total bandwidth. For more information, refer to the following FAQ: https://www.startech.com/faq/thunderbolt-3-port-capabilities.
Not all USB-C ports or devices are capable of supporting all of the features listed above, or all of the features at the maximum capabilities. If you require a specific USB-C feature, your USB host connection, cables, and device must all support the feature that you require. For more information about whether your components support specific USB-C features, refer to the information provided by the manufacturers.
This USB-C device requires that all of the following components support alternate modes:
- The USB-C host connection (for example, a computer and its port)
- The USB-C cable
- The USB-C device (for example, a hard drive docking station)
If your host device includes a Thunderbolt™ 3 connection, this USB-C device will work with your host device.
For more information about the modes that your setup components support, refer to the information provided by the manufacturers.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.