15cm (6in) DVI-D Dual Link Digital Port Saver Extension Cable M/F
Extend a DVI-D port by 6in, to prevent unnecessary strain on the port
Product ID: DVIDEXTAA6IN
The DVIDEXTAA6IN 6-inch DVI-D Port Saver Cable/coupler avoids expensive repairs to a computer or display. It does this by extending the port by 6in, thereby eliminating the weight and stress that would typically be placed on the port by a DVI cable. This is especially useful in an environment where cables are unplugged and re-inserted frequently.
The 6in DVI-D cable supports resolutions of up to 2560x1600 and transmission rates of up to 9.9 Gbits/sec, and is fully compliant with DVI DDWG standards.
Designed and constructed for maximum durability, this high quality video cable is backed by StarTech.com's Lifetime Warranty.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Prevents repairs to your computer or display by extending the port to eliminate the stress that would be placed on the port by a DVI-D cable
- Guaranteed reliability
Extend a video card or monitor DVI-D port by 6in, to protect against damage from frequent connect/disconnects
|Cable Jacket Type||PVC - Polyvinyl Chloride|
|Cable Shield Type||Aluminum-Mylar Foil with Braid|
|Connector A||1 - DVI-D (25 pin) Male|
|Connector B||1 - DVI-D (25 pin) Female|
|Cable Length||0.2 m [0.5 ft]|
|Product Height||16 mm [0.6 in]|
|Product Length||152.4 mm [6 in]|
|Product Weight||79 g [2.8 oz]|
|Product Width||40 mm [1.6 in]|
|Wire Gauge||28 AWG|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||86 g [3 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - 6in DVI-D Dual Link Digital Port Saver Cable M/F|
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
Digital Visual Interface (DVI) is a video display interface that can contain different types of signaling, based on the application. DVI cables and ports are created using different connector types to identify what application they are intended to be used in. The connector types are identified by the number of pins on the DVI connector. DVI comes in the following five different connector types:
- DVI-A (17 pin).
- DVI-D Single Link (19 pin).
- DVI-D Dual Link (25 pin).
- DVI-I Single Link (23 pin).
- DVI-I Dual Link (29 pin).
Single and Dual link DVI indicate the maximum resolution capabilities of the video source or video destination. The maximum resolutions are Single Link (1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz) and Dual Link (2560 x 1600 @ 60Hz).
Note: The maximum resolution of your video source and video destination are ultimately determined by the technical specifications of the devices. The connector type is not a definitive indicator of the maximum resolution.
DVI-A carries only analog (for example, VGA) with no digital component. DVI-D carries only digital video (for example, HDMI) with no analog component. DVI-I combines DVI-A and DVI-D connections to include both analog and digital components. A DVI-I port may be on either your video source or display, but whether or not a display carries either or both analog and digital sources depends on the technical specifications of your device.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.