Travel Adapter for Laptops - VGA and GbE - USB 3.0
Add a Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 port and VGA output to your port-limited laptop, through USB 3.0
Product ID: USB31GEVG
- VGA output and a 10/100/1000 Mbps network port through just a single USB 3.0 connection
- Compact and lightweight - two connection options in a travel-friendly casing designed for maximum portability
- USB bus-powered, with built-in USB 3.0 cable - No external power adapter required
The USB31GEVG USB 3.0 Laptop Mini Docking Station lets you create a mobile workstation by adding VGA and Gigabit Ethernet connection ports to your Ultrabook™ or laptop, through a single USB 3.0 host - a travel-friendly solution giving you two connectivity ports that aren’t always available on modern mobile computers.
The lightweight mini docking station is ideal for mobile environments, with a built-in cable and no external power adapter required. Plus, the mini dock tucks neatly into your travel bag, with a compact and portable design. While you're on the move, the USB31GEVG is the ultimate laptop accessory since it eliminates the hassle of carrying multiple adapters by consolidating two essential connection ports into one convenient device.
Adding an external monitor, projector, or TV to your laptop or desktop has never been easier! The multi-functional mini docking station leverages the high-bandwidth (5 Gbps) USB 3.0 interface to function as an external graphics card with VGA output and support for resolutions up to 2048x1152 (QWXGA). A versatile solution that lets you transform a workspace in to a mobile hot desk, the mini docking station also integrates an RJ45 port, giving you wired Gigabit bandwidth and faster network connections in environments where a typical WiFi connection is unreliable or not available.
To save you time, setup is seamless and hassle-free. The portable docking station will automatically download the latest driver when connected to a Windows® system with an active network connection.
Backed by a StarTech.com 3-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Work from your Ultrabook or laptop easily, while you’re on the run or on the road, by adding essential connectivity options
- Use your Ultrabook or laptop as a multi-display workstation, through external monitor support, and run multiple applications on different screens
- Connect to your VGA-equipped projector and display multimedia content at home, or engaging presentations in boardrooms
- Add an extra display as well as wired Gigabit network access to your slimline laptop
- Connect your laptop to a wired Gigabit network in situations where a WiFi connection isn't available, such as in classrooms, and offices
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Consolidates two connection ports into a single, multi-function adapter, including VGA output plus Gigabit Ethernet
- Portable, slim, and travel-friendly housing that lets you take the adapter anywhere, with a built-in USB 3.0 cable and no external power required
- Fast, hassle-free setup. Latest drivers are automatically downloaded in Windows® systems when an active network connection is present
|Bus Type||USB 3.0|
|Chipset ID||DisplayLink - DL-3700|
|Industry Standards||IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3ab
USB 3.0 - Hub port supports USB 2.0/1.1 backward-compatibility
|Compatible Networks||10/100/1000 Mbps|
|Full Duplex Support||Yes|
|General Specifications||This USB video adapter uses a DisplayLink family chipset. If you’re connecting this device to a computer along with additional USB video adapters or docking stations, please avoid using devices with a Trigger or Fresco family chipset.|
|Maximum Analog Resolutions||2048x1152 (VGA)
Lower resolutions are also supported.
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||5 Gbps (USB 3.0)
2 Gbps (Ethernet; Full-Duplex)
|Type and Rate||USB 3.0 - 5 Gbit/s|
|Connector Type(s)||1 - USB Type-A (9 pin) USB 3.0 (5 Gbps) Male|
|1 - VGA (15 pin, High Density D-Sub) Female|
|1 - RJ-45 Female|
|OS Compatibility||Windows® XP SP3 (32-bit), Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10
Mac OS® 10.6 to 10.13.3
Chrome OS v55+
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|Note||Extended displays are currently only supported with DisplayLink-based products on macOS 10.11 to 10.13.3. This may change in future versions.|
|System and Cable Requirements||USB enabled computer system with available USB 3.0 port|
|LED Indicators||1 - Link|
|1 - Activity|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 70°C (-4°F to 158°F)|
|Cable Length||111 mm [4.4 in]|
|Product Height||1.9 cm [0.7 in]|
|Product Length||65 mm [2.6 in]|
|Product Width||65 mm [2.6 in]|
|Weight of Product||48 g [1.7 oz]|
|Package Height||32 mm [1.3 in]|
|Package Length||17.4 cm [6.9 in]|
|Package Width||14.5 cm [5.7 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||166 g [5.9 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - USB 3.0 Mini Docking Station Adapter|
|1 - Driver CD|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Mac OS® 10.6 to 10.13.3
Chrome OS v55+
Add a Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 port and HDMI output to your port-limited laptop, through a single USB 3.0 port
Create a mobile workstation using your Ultrabook™ or laptop USB 3.0 port via this portable USB 3.0 mini dock
Laptop Docking Station | Mac & Windows® | DVI to VGA & HDMI® Adapters | 2x Charge Ports
Add 3 external USB 3.0 ports with UASP and a Gigabit Ethernet port to your Ultrabook™ or laptop through a single USB 3.0 port
Add a Gigabit Ethernet port and a USB 3.0 pass-through port to your laptop through a single USB 3.0 port
Laptop Docking Station | File Transfer | DisplayPort & HDMI | Mac & Windows® | 5x USB
Make Power-over-Ethernet-capable Gigabit network connections
Extend your SuperSpeed USB 3.0 cable by up to an additional meter
Extend your USB 3.0 SuperSpeed cable by up to an additional 6 feet
Connect your USB Type-C laptop to a USB legacy peripheral device, with this durable adapter
Use your DVI-I Display with a VGA video card
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
No, you cannot use this docking station to charge a connected laptop computer.
To see a list of laptop docking stations that can charge a connected laptop, refer to the following FAQ: https://www.startech.com/faq/laptop-docking-stations-will-charge-laptop.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.