4 Port Wall Mountable USB to Serial Adapter Hub with COM Retention
Add 4 serial RS-232 ports to any laptop or computer with a USB port
Product ID: ICUSB2324X
The ICUSB2324X 4 Port Professional Grade USB Serial Adapter converts a single USB port to four RS232 serial ports allowing you to connect to, monitor and control your serial devices. Rugged metal construction and sturdy wall-mount brackets provide a robust solution for both harsh industrial environments and simple desktop installations.
Powered by USB, the device does not require a power outlet for most standard applications. For installations requiring power through the RS232 ports, optional DC connector and terminal block connections are included. Once connected, the adapter retains assigned serial COM port values, allowing the same values to automatically be re-assigned to the ports provided by the adapter in the event it is disconnected, then re-connected to the host computer.
This innovative Serial adapter offers a professional grade solution for connecting legacy or industrial RS232 serial devices to more modern computers, or computers with unused USB ports – perfect for connecting serial modems, barcode scanners or any device with serial sync through USB, eliminating the expense of upgrading serial peripherals for USB compatibility.
Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Multiple ports with COM port retention give you hassle-free control of several serial devices without having to remember where each one was last connected
- Rugged all-metal enclosure for added durability in harsh environments
- Easy plug and play installation with our USB Powered adapter - no power outlet required
Perfect for IT Administrators looking to add legacy functionality to newer notebooks, PCs and servers that lack an integrated RS232 port
Connect, monitor and control industrial/automotive sensors and equipment
Connect bar code scanners, receipt printers and other point of sale devices
Connect a satellite receiver, serial modem, or PDA with serial sync
Connect and program LED and Digital signage boards with serial communication ports
|Bus Type||USB 2.0|
|Chipset ID||Texas Instruments - TIUSB3410|
|Port Style||External Hub|
|Max Baud Rate||230.4 Kbps|
|Connector Type(s)||1 - USB B (4 pin) Female|
|External Ports||4 - DB-9 (9 pin, D-Sub) Male|
|OS Compatibility||Windows® XP, Vista, 7, 8
Windows Server® 2003, 2008 R2, 2012
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|System and Cable Requirements||1 USB 1.1 (or above) port|
|Input Current||600mA minimum|
|Input Voltage||9 ~ 36 DC|
|Power Source||Not Included (not required for standard applications)|
|Operating Temperature||-10°C to 80°C (14°F to 176°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 100°C (-4°F to 212°F)|
|Product Height||25 mm [1 in]|
|Product Length||165.2 mm [6.5 in]|
|Product Weight||508 g [17.9 oz]|
|Product Width||118 mm [4.6 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||651 g [23 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - USB to RS-232 Serial Adapter|
|1 - 3ft USB A to B cable|
|1 - Driver CD|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Windows Server® 2003, 2008 R2, 2012
Add 2 serial RS-232 ports to any laptop or computer with a USB port
Add one serial RS-232 port with com retention to any laptop or computer with a USB port
Add eight RS232 serial ports to any notebook or desktop computer using a single USB port
Add an RS-232 serial port to your laptop or desktop computer through USB; features COM port retention
Reliably extend the distance of a USB 2.0 device an additional 15ft
Connect your serial devices, and transfer your files
Transfer files via serial connection
Convert a DB9 male port to a DB25 female port
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.