1 Port Professional USB to Serial Adapter Cable with COM Retention
Add one serial RS-232 port with com retention to any laptop or computer with a USB port
Product ID: ICUSB2321X
The ICUSB2321X Professional grade USB Serial Adapter cable converts a USB 2.0 port into an RS232 serial port allowing you to connect to, monitor and control your serial devices. A durable, single cable design makes this the perfect solution for mobile technicians/administrators that require serial connectivity. Once connected, the USB to serial adapter retains assigned serial COM port values, allowing the same values to automatically be re-assigned to the port provided by the adapter in the event it is disconnected, then re-connected to the host computer.
This innovative adapter offers a professional grade solution for connecting legacy or industrial RS232 serial devices to more modern computers, or computers with unused USB ports – perfect for connecting serial modems, barcode scanners or any device with serial sync through USB, eliminating the expense of upgrading the serial peripheral for USB compatibility.
Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Perfect for IT Administrators looking to add legacy functionality to newer notebooks, PCs and servers that lack an integrated RS232 port
- Connect, monitor and control industrial/automotive sensors and equipment
- Connect bar code scanners, receipt printers and other point of sale devices
- Connect a satellite receiver, serial modem, or PDA with serial sync
- Connect and program LED and Digital signage boards with serial communication ports
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Simple installation and operation with COM port retention provides robust serial connectivity for legacy devices with minimal hassle
- Easy plug and play installation with USB Powered device - no power outlet required
- Extensive list of compatible operating systems makes this device perfect for almost any RS232 application
|Bus Type||USB 2.0|
|Chipset ID||Texas Instruments - TIUSB3410|
|Port Style||Cable Adapters|
|Max Baud Rate||230.4 Kbps|
|Connector Type(s)||1 - DB-9 (9 pin, D-Sub) Male|
|1 - USB Type-A (4 pin) USB 2.0 Male|
|OS Compatibility||Windows® XP, Vista, 7, 8
Windows Server® 2003, 2008 R2, 2012
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|System and Cable Requirements||One available USB 1.1 (or above) port|
|Operating Temperature||-10°C to 80°C (14°F to 176°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 100°C (-4°F to 212°F)|
|Cable Length||0.3 m [1 ft]|
|Product Height||13 mm [0.5 in]|
|Product Length||420 mm [16.5 in]|
|Product Weight||30 g [1.1 oz]|
|Product Width||35 mm [1.4 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||99 g [3.5 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - USB to Serial Adapter|
|1 - Driver CD|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Windows Server® 2003, 2008 R2, 2012
Add an RS-232 serial port to your laptop or desktop computer through USB; features COM port retention
Reliably extend the distance of a USB 2.0 device an additional 15ft
Connect your serial devices, and transfer your files
Transfer files via serial connection
Convert a DB9 male port to a DB25 female port
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.