1 Port Professional USB to Serial Adapter Cable with COM Retention
Add one serial RS-232 port with com retention to any laptop or computer with a USB port
Product ID: ICUSB2321X
The ICUSB2321X Professional grade USB Serial Adapter cable converts a USB 2.0 port into an RS232 serial port allowing you to connect to, monitor and control your serial devices. A durable, single cable design makes this the perfect solution for mobile technicians/administrators that require serial connectivity. Once connected, the USB to serial adapter retains assigned serial COM port values, allowing the same values to automatically be re-assigned to the port provided by the adapter in the event it is disconnected, then re-connected to the host computer.
This innovative adapter offers a professional grade solution for connecting legacy or industrial RS232 serial devices to more modern computers, or computers with unused USB ports – perfect for connecting serial modems, barcode scanners or any device with serial sync through USB, eliminating the expense of upgrading the serial peripheral for USB compatibility.
Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Simple installation and operation with COM port retention provides robust serial connectivity for legacy devices with minimal hassle
- Easy plug and play installation with USB Powered device - no power outlet required
- Extensive list of compatible operating systems makes this device perfect for almost any RS232 application
Perfect for IT Administrators looking to add legacy functionality to newer notebooks, PCs and servers that lack an integrated RS232 port
Connect, monitor and control industrial/automotive sensors and equipment
Connect bar code scanners, receipt printers and other point of sale devices
Connect a satellite receiver, serial modem, or PDA with serial sync
Connect and program LED and Digital signage boards with serial communication ports
|Bus Type||USB 2.0|
|Chipset ID||Texas Instruments - TIUSB3410|
|Port Style||Cable Adapters|
|Max Baud Rate||230.4 Kbps|
|Connector Type(s)||1 - DB-9 (9 pin, D-Sub) Male|
|1 - USB Type-A (4 pin) USB 2.0 Male|
|OS Compatibility||Windows® XP, Vista, 7, 8
Windows Server® 2003, 2008 R2, 2012
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|System and Cable Requirements||One available USB 1.1 (or above) port|
|Operating Temperature||-10°C to 80°C (14°F to 176°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 100°C (-4°F to 212°F)|
|Cable Length||0.3 m [1 ft]|
|Product Height||13 mm [0.5 in]|
|Product Length||420 mm [16.5 in]|
|Product Weight||30 g [1.1 oz]|
|Product Width||35 mm [1.4 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||99 g [3.5 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - USB to Serial Adapter|
|1 - Driver CD|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Windows Server® 2003, 2008 R2, 2012
Add an RS-232 serial port to your laptop or desktop computer through USB; features COM port retention
Reliably extend the distance of a USB 2.0 device an additional 15ft
Connect your serial devices, and transfer your files
Transfer files via serial connection
Convert a DB9 male port to a DB25 female port
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.