PCI Express to 2 PCI & 2 PCIe Expansion Enclosure System - Full Length
Add two PCI and two PCI Express expansion card slots to your desktop computer
Product ID: PEX2PCIE4L
The PEX2PCIE4L PCI/PCI Express Expansion Chassis provides a quick and simple I/O expansion solution to almost any PCI Express (PCIe) enabled system. Adding PCI/PCIe cards to a server or workstation, or providing a platform to swap cards between a mobile and desktop setup is a cost-effective and time-saving solution for maximizing the I/O capabilities of your system.
The external expansion chassis adds two full-length (38cm) PCI slots (32-bit/33MHz), as well as two PCIe x1 (single-lane) slots to a host computer through a single PCI Express connection. Providing total bandwidth up to 250MBps from the PCIe x1 host controller card allows the computer to function as though the expansion chassis cards were connected directly to the motherboard.
Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Ideal for system testers, and engineers who regularly swap out PCI or PCIe I/O cards
- Expand an existing systems PCI and PCI Express I/O capabilities
- Add full-length or full-height cards to a small form factor system
- Provide PCI support to systems with only PCIe slots
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Control the power state of connected PCI/PCIe cards with the self-powered chassis and easily accessible on/off button
- Install additional cards without opening your computer with the provided external expansion card slots
- Easy installation and support for small form-factor computers with an included low-profile/half-height bracket
|Bus Type||PCI Express|
|Card Type||Standard Profile (LP bracket incl.)|
|Chipset ID||Texas Instruments - XIO200A
Texas Instruments -XIO3130
|Interface||PCI / PCI-X (5 / 3.3V)|
|Port Style||Integrated on Card|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||250 MBps|
|Connector Type(s)||1 - PCI Express x1 Male|
|External Ports||2 - PCI / PCI-X (Universal 3.3 & 5V, 32-bit) Slot Female|
|2 - PCI Express x1 Slot Female|
|OS Compatibility||OS Independent; No additional drivers or software required|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|Note||The Maximum power consumption of the adapter cards used in this expansion box is 36W. Cards might not function if their total power exceeds the maximum power consumption|
|This product has a compatibility issue with Silicon Image SATA Controllers on an AMD platform|
|Center Tip Polarity||Positive|
|Input Voltage||100 - 240 AC|
|Output Voltage||12 DC|
|Power Consumption (In Watts)||36|
|Power Source||AC Adapter Included|
|Humidity||5 to 95% RH|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 55°C (32°F to 131°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-40°C to 75°C (-40° to 167°F)|
|Product Height||14.3 cm [5.6 in]|
|Product Length||38.2 cm [15 in]|
|Product Width||13.7 cm [5.4 in]|
|Weight of Product||2 kg [4.4 lb]|
|Package Height||25.4 cm [10 in]|
|Package Length||43.6 cm [17.2 in]|
|Package Width||20.8 cm [8.2 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||2.1 kg [4.6 lb]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - PCI Expansion box|
|1 - PCI Express Card|
|1 - 3 ft. DVI-D Cable|
|1 - Low Profile Bracket|
|1 - Screw Kit|
|3 - Power Cord (NA/UK/EU)|
|1 - Power Adapter|
|1 - Software CD|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.