7.1 USB Audio Adapter External Sound Card with SPDIF Digital Audio
Turn your laptop or desktop computer into a 7.1-channel home theater-ready sound system
Product ID: ICUSBAUDIO7D
This versatile External USB Sound Card/Audio Adapter offers a high quality solution for upgrading desktop or laptop sound.
Providing a robust USB audio experience, the USB sound card connects to a host computer through a single USB 2.0 connection, to deliver impressive external audio capability that can instantly be swapped between systems, without having to open the computer case for installation.
Supporting analog and digital audio for 2 to 7.1 channel audio applications, the external USB sound card provides a cost-saving upgrade from built-in/on-board sound that turns desktop/laptop sound into a home theater-ready audio solution.
The external USB sound card features easy-to-use volume control and two external microphone inputs - a convenient solution for any audio application requiring high quality sound with multi-input capability with support for 44.1 KHz and 48 KHz sampling rates for analog playback and recording or 48 KHz for SPDIF.
A more than suitable solution for home theater, gaming or multi-media presentations, the External USB Sound Card is easy to install with plug and play support in Windows XP and Windows Vista operating systems.
Designed to deliver a long-lasting and dependable sound solution, the External USB Sound Card/Audio Adapter is backed by our 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
Note: The audio adapter’s SPDIF optical pass-through port supports two-channel audio, this port does not support 5.1 or 7.1 audio.
- Add 7.1 audio support to laptop or small form factor system with no internal expansion options
- Replace or upgrade the existing integrated audio on a laptop or portable computer
- Connect your computer to an home theater audio receiver through optical S/PDIF
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Full 7.1 audio output support in a compact and portable external sound card
- Connect to external speakers through 3.5mm mini-jacks or optical S/PDIF
- Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support
|Chipset ID||C-Media - CM6206|
|Audio Specifications||8 16-bit DAC Channels (7.1 Surround Sound)
Supports 44.1 and 48 KHz sampling rates for analog playback and recording or 48 KHz for SPDIF
3.5mm output connectors for Front, Surround, Rear, Centre/bass
|Connector Type(s)||1 - USB B (4 pin) Female|
|External Ports||2 - Toslink (SPDIF, Optical) Female|
|8 - 3.5 mm Mini-Jack (3 Position) Female|
|OS Compatibility||Windows® 10 (32/64), 8 / 8.1 (32/64), 7 (32/64), Vista (32/64), XP (32/64), 2000
Windows Server® 2008 R2, 2003 (32/64)
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|Note||The audio adapter’s SPDIF optical pass-through port supports two-channel audio, this port does not support 5.1 or 7.1 audio.|
|LED Indicators||1 - Microphone Mute|
|1 - Power/Activity|
|Humidity||20 to 80% NC RH|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 55°C (32°F to 131°F)|
|Storage Temperature||0°C to 70°C (32°F to 158°F)|
|Product Height||2.5 cm [1 in]|
|Product Length||10 cm [3.9 in]|
|Product Width||60 mm [2.4 in]|
|Weight of Product||90 g [3.2 oz]|
|Package Height||32 mm [1.3 in]|
|Package Length||14.4 cm [5.7 in]|
|Package Width||16.4 cm [6.5 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||204 g [7.2 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - USB to Audio Adapter|
|1 - USB Cable|
|1 - Installation CD|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Windows Server® 2008 R2, 2003 (32/64)
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.