4 Port USB 2.0 over Gigabit LAN or Direct Cat5e / Cat6 Ethernet Extender System - up to 330 ft (100m)
Extend USB 2.0 devices up to 330ft (100m) over a Gigabit Ethernet LAN, or dedicated Cat5e/6 cabling
Product ID: USB2G4LEXT2
The USB2G4LEXT2 4-Port USB 2.0 Extender System lets you extend USB devices over a Gigabit Ethernet Local Area Network (LAN), or through dedicated Cat5e/6 cabling up to 330ft (100m).
Connecting over your existing IP LAN avoids the hassle and cost of running new infrastructure cabling and provides an increased and highly scalable overall extension distance. When channeling through multiple switches at 100m intervals, the maximum extension distance resets at each switch location, making it easy to span multiple floors in a home or office setting. For further versatility you can connect the local and remote units via a single Cat5e or better cable.
Unlike 10/100Mbps USB extenders, this versatile USB extender leverages the full data transfer potential of your USB 2.0 peripherals up to 480Mbps, to deliver lag-free performance that enables support for extending isochronous devices such as webcams or microphones.
Compatible with USB 2.0, and 1.1 devices with support for up to 600mA of power per port, the USB over Cat5e extender supports most USB peripherals including flash drives, webcams, keyboards, mice and drive enclosures.
A flexible solution for business or industrial applications, this rugged metal enclosure includes wall-mounting brackets and simple plug-and-play installation with no software or drivers required.
Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Extend USB 2.0, and 1.1 peripherals such as flash drives, keyboards, mice, enclosures, and whiteboards across a Gigabit Ethernet LAN
- Extend isochronous devices such as webcams and audio devices
- Secured environments where the host computer must be in an inaccessible location away from the drive enclosure, camera or other USB devices
- Perfect for remote storage, security/monitoring, and industrial control applications
- Use existing in-wall Cat5e/Cat6 wiring to extend USB connections between rooms
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Flexible USB extension with functionality over a LAN, or with standalone Cat5 cabling
- Achieve greater speed and reliability with support for full 480 Mbps USB 2.0 bandwidth
|Cabling||Cat 5e UTP or better|
|Max Distance||100 m / 330 ft|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||1 Gbps (LAN)
480 Mbps (USB)
|Local Unit Connectors||1 - USB B (4 pin) Female|
|1 - RJ-45 Female|
|Remote Unit Connectors||1 - RJ-45 Female|
|4 - USB Type-A (4 pin) USB 2.0 Female|
|OS Compatibility||OS Independent; No additional drivers or software required|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|System and Cable Requirements||Available USB port|
|LED Indicators||1 - Power|
|1 - Link|
|1 - Host|
|1 - Activity|
|1 - RJ45 Link|
|1 - RJ45 Activity|
|Center Tip Polarity||Positive|
|Input Current||0.6 A|
|Input Voltage||100 - 240 AC|
|Output Current||1 A|
|Output Voltage||24 DC|
|Power Consumption (In Watts)||24|
|Power Source||AC Adapter Included|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-10°C to 60°C (14°F to 140°F)|
|Product Height||2.6 cm [1 in]|
|Product Length||10 cm [3.9 in]|
|Product Width||76 mm [3 in]|
|Weight of Product||363 g [12.8 oz]|
|Package Height||10.8 cm [4.3 in]|
|Package Length||19.7 cm [7.8 in]|
|Package Width||19.4 cm [7.6 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||1.1 kg [2.5 lb]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - USB 2.0 extender local unit|
|1 - USB 2.0 extender remote unit|
|1 - USB cable|
|1 - mounting kit|
|1 - universal power adapter (NA/JP, EU, UK, ANZ)|
|1 - quick-start guide|
Connect four USB 2.0 devices away from your computer over Cat5 (40m) or Cat6 (50m)
Extend a USB 1.1 device up to 40m (131ft) away from a computer, over a Cat5/Cat6 cable
Extend one USB 2.0 connection up to 330ft away from the computer over Cat5 or Cat6 cable
Extend four USB 2.0 connections up to 330ft away from the computer over Cat5 or Cat6 cable
Extend two USB 2.0 connections with power, by up to 330ft over Cat5 or Cat6 cable
Replace your lost or failed power adapter
Make Power-over-Ethernet-capable Gigabit network connections
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.