2 port PCI Express SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Card with UASP Support - 1 Internal 1 External
Add one internal and one external SuperSpeed USB 3.0 to your PC
Product ID: PEXUSB3S11
The PEXUSB3S11 PCI Express USB 3.0 Card lets you add one internal, and one external USB 3.0 port to your PC through a PCI Express slot.
Featuring a native NEC PCI Express host controller chipset, the new USB 3.0 standard supports transfer rates of up to 5Gbps, while still providing backward compatibility with older USB 2.0 (480Mbps) and 1.1 (12Mbps) devices. The inclusion of an internal USB 3.0 connection provides the added benefit of compatibility with USB 3.0-based internal storage solutions or front-bay hubs.
Enhanced with UASP support (USB Attached SCSI Protocol), this USB 3.0 controller performs up to 70% faster than conventional USB 3.0 when paired with a UASP supported enclosure (Note: UASP requires a compatible operating system). Using a more efficient protocol than the traditional USB BOT (Bulk-Only Transport), UASP technology optimizes transfers by allowing multiple commands to be processed simultaneously, significantly increasing transfer speeds for less wait time on data transfers. See our UASP test results below for further details.
For bus-powered USB devices, this PCIe USB 3.0 card includes an optional SATA power connector to connect to your system power supply and deliver up to 900mA of power per port to USB 3.0 devices (500mA for USB 2.0).
Backed by a StarTech.com lifetime warranty and free lifetime technical support.
Improved Performance with UASP
UASP is supported in Windows® 8 and Server 2012. In testing UASP performed with up to a 70% faster read / 40% faster write speed over traditional USB 3.0 at peak performance.
At the same peak in testing, UASP also showed up to an 80% reduction in required processor resources.
Test results were obtained using an Intel® Ivy Bridge system, StarTech.com add-on USB 3.0 cards, a UASP-enabled StarTech.com enclosure, and a SATA III solid state drive.
- Add one internal and one external SuperSpeed USB 3.0 port to a PCI Express compatible PC for high speed connectivity to USB 3.0 compatible peripherals
- Enable high speed USB communication between your PC and any USB 3.0 enabled external device such as a USB enclosure or Audio Video device
- Add a reliable, fast, hot-swappable, connectivity solution for backups and data archiving for Desktop, Server and Thin-Client computers
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Versatile connection of internal or external peripherals with the 1 internal, 1 external port design
- Time-saving file transfers, up to 70% faster than traditional USB 3.0 when used with a UASP-supported enclosure
- Power high-powered USB devices as necessary, with the optional SATA power connector
|Bus Type||PCI Express|
|Card Type||Standard Profile (LP bracket incl.)|
|Chipset ID||Renesas/NEC - µPD720202|
|Type and Rate||USB 3.0 - 5 Gbit/s|
|Connector Type(s)||1 - PCI Express x1 Male|
|External Ports||1 - USB Type-A (9 pin) USB 3.0 Female|
|Internal Ports||1 - SATA Power (15 pin) Plug|
|1 - USB Type-A (9 pin) USB 3.0 Female|
|OS Compatibility||Windows® XP, Vista, 7, 8/8.1, 10
Windows Server® 2003, 2008 R2
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|Note||The maximum throughput of this card is limited by the bus interface. If used with PCI Express Gen 1.0 enabled computers, the max throughput is 2.5 Gbps. If used with PCI Express Gen 2.0 enabled computers, the max throughput is 5 Gbps.
Download the Renesas uDP720202 drivers for Revision B. Download the Renesas uDP720200 drivers for all others.
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 60°C (-4°F to 140°F)|
|Product Height||20 mm [0.8 in]|
|Product Length||70 mm [2.8 in]|
|Product Weight||37 g [1.3 oz]|
|Product Width||120 mm [4.7 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||135 g [4.8 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - PCI Express USB 3.0 card|
|1 - Low profile bracket|
|1 - Driver CD|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Windows Server® 2003, 2008 R2
Add 7 USB 2.0 Ports to your PC through a PCI slot
Add 4 USB 2.0 ports to your low profile/small form factor computer through a PCI Express expansion slot
Connect USB 3.0 A devices to a USB hub or to your computer
Connect to your external devices and transfer data at 10x the speed of USB 2.0
Connect to your external solutions and transfer data at 10x the speed of USB 2.0
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
The USB expansion cards derive power from the PCI or PCI Express slot on the motherboard. When high-powered USB devices are connected to the USB expansion card, the power provided by the slot may not be enough to power all of the devices and you should connect additional sources of power. When you troubleshoot issues, you should connect an additional source of power.
Symptoms that you are experiencing power-related issues include certain devices not working correctly, not all of the devices working at the same time, and certain devices not working at all.
Examples of low-powered USB devices include USB mice, keyboards, and flash drives. An example of a high-powered USB device is an external hard drive that does not have an external source of power.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.