2 Port 2-to-1 USB 3.0 Peripheral Sharing Switch – USB Powered
Share a single USB 3.0 device between two different computers
Product ID: USB221SS
The USB221SS 2-to-1 USB 3.0 Peripheral Sharing Switch lets you share a single USB 3.0 peripheral with 2 different computer systems, avoiding the cost of purchasing duplicate peripherals or the hassle of swapping cables from one system to another.
The USB sharing switch delivers speed and flexibility, with simple push-button controls for switching between computers, and support for SuperSpeed USB bandwidth (up to 5 Gbps) ensuring fast data transfers to/from your shared peripheral device. The switch is also backward compatible with USB 2.0/1.1 (480Mbps, 12Mbps respectively), so you don't have to worry about your computer or older peripherals not performing.
The 2-port USB switch can also be connected to a USB hub, to expand the number of devices you can share between the two connected systems, or to a USB drive enclosure or docking station, for a shared external storage solution.
The switch features a compact design that takes up minimal desk space and is USB-powered, so it doesn't require an AC wall outlet.
Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Share a USB printer or All-in-One between 2 local computers
- Switch a USB 3.0 peripheral between 2 computers on a work bench
- Connect an external hard drive between the two systems for merging data to a single shared drive
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Reduce operating costs by sharing peripheral devices
- Save time with SuperSpeed USB 3.0 data transfer rates
- Push-button operation for simple switching
|Bus Type||USB 3.0|
|USB-C Device Port(s)||No|
|USB-C Host Connection||No|
|Maximum Cable Length||1.5 m [4.9 ft]|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||5 Gbps|
|Type and Rate||USB 3.0 - 5 Gbit/s|
|External Ports||1 - USB Type-A (9 pin) USB 3.0 Female|
|2 - USB Type-B (9 pin) USB 3.0 Female|
|OS Compatibility||OS Independent - No software or drivers required|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|Note||The total cable length from host system to your connected peripheral should not exceed 2.5m (8.2ft)|
|LED Indicators||2 - Computer selection indicators|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 60°C (-4°F to 140°F)|
|Product Height||22 mm [0.9 in]|
|Product Length||69 mm [2.7 in]|
|Product Weight||40 g [1.4 oz]|
|Product Width||42 mm [1.7 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||229 g [8.1 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - USB 3.0 Sharing Switch|
|2 - 1m USB 3.0 A-B Cables|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Connect a USB 3.0 Micro USB External Hard drive to your computer
Add 2 USB 3.0 Ports to a Laptop through an ExpressCard Slot
Add 4 SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports to a computer through a PCI slot
Add 4 external USB 3.0 ports to a low profile or standard computer, through PCI Express
Add 2x USB 3.0 and 4x USB 2.0 ports to a computer, externally through a single USB 3.0 connection
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.