IDE to SATA Hard Drive or Optical Drive Adapter - 40-Pin PATA to 2.5 SATA HDD/SSD/ODD Converter
Connect your SATA Hard Drive or Blu-ray/DVD/CD-ROM Drive to an IDE motherboard
Product ID: IDE2SAT2
The IDE2SAT2 40-pin IDE to SATA adapter enables you to connect a SATA I/II/III drive to an available IDE/ATA 33/66/100/133 motherboard port - a cost effective solution that allows you to add newer SATA drives, and keep your existing motherboard.
The IDE/SATA adapter offers a cost-effective solution for bridging the gap between a newer 2.5"/3.5"/5.25" SATA drive and older IDE motherboard port. The IDE2SAT2 also features ODD (Optical Disk Drive) support, allowing you to a add Blu-ray, DVD, or CD-ROM drives to an older IDE motherboard.
The IDE/SATA adapter is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year Warranty and free lifetime technical support.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Blu-ray, DVD and CD-ROM drive compatibility with ODD (Optical Disk Drive) support, from an IDE host connection
- Hassle-free installation, with no software CD required
- Backed by a StarTech.com 2 year warranty and free lifetime technical support
|Chipset ID||Marvell - 88SA8052|
|Compatible Drive Types||SATA|
|Drive Size||2.5in & 3.5in|
|Number of Drives||1|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||133MB/sec|
|Connector Type(s)||1 - IDE (40 Pin, EIDE/PATA)|
|1 - SATA Data & Power Combo (7+15 pin)|
|1 - SP4 (4 pin, Small Drive Power)|
|OS Compatibility||OS independent; No software or drivers required|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|System and Cable Requirements||An IDE controller and ATA cable (not included).|
|Operating Temperature||5°C to 50°C (40°F to 122°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-25°C to 80°C (-13°F to 176°F)|
|Material||Steel and Plastic|
|Product Height||2.3 cm [0.9 in]|
|Product Length||75.5 mm [3 in]|
|Product Width||20 mm [0.8 in]|
|Weight of Product||29 g [1 oz]|
|Package Height||33 mm [1.3 in]|
|Package Length||14.5 cm [5.7 in]|
|Package Width||17.5 cm [6.9 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||89 g [3.1 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - IDE to SATA adapter|
|1 - LP4 Molex to SP4 Power Cable|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Quickly and easily connect SATA and/or IDE hard drives through USB 2.0
Allows connection of a SATA device to an IDE motherboard or card
Connect a 2.5in / 3.5in SATA or IDE Hard Drive through a USB 3.0 Port
Bi-directional adapter converts IDE to SATA or SATA to IDE
Turn Virtually any 2.5" SATA or SAS Hard Drive into a 3.5" SATA Drive
Mount a 3.5in hard drive to any desktop with an available 5.25in bay
Connect two LP4 peripherial devices (CD/DVD-ROM drives etc.) to a single LP4 connector
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
Note: For more information on how to detect an IDE hard drive, visit http://www.startech.com/faq/hard_drive_accessories_ide_detection.
Older IDE drives are not supported by current StarTech.com products. Typically, these drives were made earlier than the mid-to-late 1990s and are smaller than 1 Gigabyte in size.
There are a number of reasons that older IDE drives may not be detected, including the following:
The drive uses PIO (Programmed Input/Output) mode and not DMA (Direct Memory Access).
The drive is non-ATA or is using an ATA mode that predates the chipset's compatibility (usually older than ATA-4).
The sector size is not 512 bytes.
Unfortunately there is no workaround in these situations. An older system or an older IDE controller card must be used to access older IDE drives.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.