USB to SATA External Hard Drive Docking Station for 2.5in SATA HDD
Enable external, hot-swap access to 2.5in SATA drives from a portable mini USB2.0 drive dock
Product ID: SATDOCK25U
The SATDOCK25U Hard Drive Docking Station provides full, instant access to any 2.5in SATA (SATA, SATA II, SATA III) hard drive or solid state drive - without having to mount the hard drive in a computer or install it in an enclosure!
This highly compact HDD dock offers the portability needed to add simple external storage to virtually any USB-capable computer, making it a definite asset to have on hand to connect external (bare) hard drives even in mobile computing applications. Plus, it's small form factor design requires minimal space on a desktop or work bench. Large capacity drives (tested with up to 1TB) can be used to greatly enhance your computer's storage/backup capabilities.
Simply insert a 2.5in SATA hard drive or SSD into the dock, then connect the hard drive dock to a host computer through USB 2.0. To uninstall or swap the hard drive, simply disconnect the USB cable and remove the drive from the dock!
In addition to providing a fast convenient way to access or recover data from a mobile 2.5in drive this dock is completely USB powered, so no power adapter is required. The HDD Dock supports plug and play hard drive installation on most operating systems, and offers data transfer speeds of up to 480Mbps - a convenient alternative to external hard drive enclosures that saves the time needed to prepare the drive for conventional installation.
- Access spare or removed 2.5" drives quickly to retrieve data from
- Data recovery specialists who need quick access to drives for imaging
- Backup data quickly to an external drive for archiving
- Technicians who regularly test or benchmark different hard drives and need to swap between them
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Ultra compact design and no external power adapter for excellent versatility and portability
- Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support
|Chipset ID||JMicron - JM20329|
|Compatible Drive Types||SATA|
|Number of Drives||1|
|Max Drive Capacity||Currently tested with up to 1TB 5400 RPM hard drives|
|Type and Rate||USB 2.0 - 480 Mbit/s|
|Drive Connectors||1 - SATA Data & Power Combo (7+15 pin) Receptacle|
|Host Connectors||1 - USB Mini-B (5 pin) Female|
|OS Compatibility||OS independent; No software or drivers required|
|LED Indicators||1 - Blue - Solid for power, blinking for Activity|
|Operating Temperature||5°C to 80°C (41°F to 176°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-40°C to 70°C (-40°F to 158°F)|
|Max Drive Height||9.5 mm [0.4 in]|
|Product Height||3.6 cm [1.4 in]|
|Product Length||82 mm [3.2 in]|
|Product Width||25 mm [1 in]|
|Weight of Product||30 g [1.1 oz]|
|Package Height||32 mm [1.3 in]|
|Package Length||14.4 cm [5.7 in]|
|Package Width||17.2 cm [6.8 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||126 g [4.4 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - 2.5in SATA Hard Drive Dock|
|1 - USB mini-B Y Cable|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Short, compact, economical mini USB cable, perfect for charging and syncing Blackberry, mobile phones and cameras
Connect your (USB Mini) portable device to a host computer through a standard USB 2.0 type-A slot
Provide protection against shocks/impacts to a 2.5in hard drive
Provides safe handling and anti-static protection for most 2.5in hard drives
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
To determine if your hard drive will work in this device, on the product page, click the Technical Specifications tab, and do the following:
- Make sure that the device supports the storage size of your hard drive. If the storage size of your hard drive is larger than what the device was tested with, the hard drive will likely still work with the enclosure.
- Confirm that your hard drive uses the same interface type as the device. For example, IDE, SATA, or M.2.
- Make sure that the device supports the physical size of your hard drive, such as 2.5 inches or 3.5 inches.
- Verify that the power consumption of your hard drive doesn’t exceed the power output of the device. If you’re using multiple hard drives, make sure that the combined power consumption of all of the hard drives doesn’t exceed the power output of the docking station.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.