Universal Docking Station for Hard Drives - USB 3.0 with UASP
Connect both an IDE and a SATA 2.5/3.5in hard drive or solid state drive to your computer system using an available USB 3.0 port, with support for UASP for optimal performance
Product ID: UNIDOCKU33
The UNIDOCKU33 USB 3.0 Universal HDD / SSD Dock enables you to instantly access your 2.5 or 3.5in IDE and SATA hard drives through two top loading drive slots, saving you the hassle of mounting the drives into a computer or external enclosure or tray.
Enhanced with UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol), this hard drive docking station lets you get the most out of the fastest drive technologies such as SATA III (6 Gbps), solid state drives (SSD) and hybrid, drives with performance up to 70% faster than conventional USB 3.0 when paired with a UASP-enabled host controller. See our UASP testing results below for further details.
The slot-loading design holds the SATA and IDE drives upright inside the docks, neatly keeping them off the desk, for convenience and a clutter-free setup. For SATA drives, the HDD can be inserted and connected directly through the designated dock slot, while the IDE drive slot is conveniently positioned near the rear panel 40-pin data and LP4 power connections, making it easy to connect to the dock using the included IDE data and power cables.
A single USB 3.0 connection to your host computer, enables access to both the IDE & SATA hard drives simultaneously - a convenient solution for migrating data from an IDE drive to a SATA drive or vice versa. The dock can also be used to greatly increase the storage and backup capabilities of your computer system with support for high capacity drives (tested with up to 6TB 3.5" and 2TB 2.5" drives).
The UNIDOCKU33 is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
Improved Performance with UASP
UASP is supported in Windows 8, Mac OSX (10.8 or above), and Linux. In testing, UASP performs with a 70% faster read speed and 40% faster write speed over traditional USB 3.0 at peak performance.
At the same peak in testing UASP also shows an 80% reduction in required processor resources.
Testing results were obtained using an Intel® Ivy Bridge system, a UASP-enabled StarTech.com Enclosure, and a SATA III solid state drive.
- Transfer files directly between a SATA and IDE hard drive, without having to transfer to the host computer first or use multiple devices
- Access 2.5/3.5in IDE or SATA drives, for fast data retrieval
- Recover data from drives on failed computers
- Backup data quickly to an external drive for archiving
- Test or benchmark multiple hard drives
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Versatile configuration options, with support for IDE and SATA 2.5in and 3.5in drives
- Save time, with file transfers up to 70% faster than traditional USB 3.0 when used with a UASP-supported host
- Hassle-free operation and reduced workspace clutter, with upright slot-loading design
|Chipset ID||JMicron - JMS561U
JMicron - JMD330
|Compatible Drive Types||SATA & IDE|
|Drive Size||2.5in & 3.5in|
|Number of Drives||2|
|Insertion Rating||15,000 Cycles (SATA)|
|Max Drive Capacity||Currently tested with up to 6TB 7200 RPM 3.5" hard drives and 2TB 5400 RPM 2.5" hard drive|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||5 Gbps|
|Type and Rate||USB 3.0 - 5 Gbit/s|
|SATA III (6 Gbps)|
|Drive Connectors||1 - IDE (40 Pin, EIDE/PATA) Male|
|1 - LP4 (4 pin; Large Drive Power) Male|
|1 - SATA Data & Power Combo (7+15 pin) Receptacle|
|Host Connectors||1 - USB Type-B (9 pin) USB 3.0 Female|
|OS Compatibility||OS independent; No software or drivers required|
|LED Indicators||2 - Power and Drive Activity|
|Center Tip Polarity||Positive|
|Input Current||1.3 A|
|Input Voltage||100 - 240 AC|
|Output Current||3 A|
|Output Voltage||12V DC|
|Power Consumption (In Watts)||36|
|Power Source||AC Adapter Included|
|Humidity||8% ~ 90% RH|
|Operating Temperature||5°C to 80° (41°F to 176°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-40°C to 70°C (-40°F to 158°F)|
|Product Height||7 cm [2.8 in]|
|Product Length||14.7 cm [5.8 in]|
|Product Width||13 cm [5.1 in]|
|Weight of Product||552 g [19.5 oz]|
|Package Height||21.4 cm [8.4 in]|
|Package Length||18.7 cm [7.4 in]|
|Package Width||12.3 cm [4.8 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||1.1 kg [2.4 lb]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - Universal Hard Drive Dock|
|1 - USB 3.0 Cable|
|1 - IDE 40 to 40 Pin Cable|
|1 - LP4 Power Cable|
|1 - 40 Pin + LP4 to 44 Pin IDE Cable|
|1 - Universal Power Adapter (NA/UK/EU/AUS)|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Replace your lost or failed power adapter
Use your 2.5in or 3.5in IDE hard drives in a SATA HDD Docking Station
Add one internal and one external SuperSpeed USB 3.0 to your PC
Provide protection against shocks/impacts to a 2.5in hard drive
Provide protection against shocks/impacts to a 3.5in hard drive
Connect a 2.5in IDE laptop hard drive to an IDE-equipped desktop computer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
Note: For more information on how to detect an IDE hard drive, visit http://www.startech.com/faq/hard_drive_accessories_ide_detection.
Older IDE drives are not supported by current StarTech.com products. Typically, these drives were made earlier than the mid-to-late 1990s and are smaller than 1 Gigabyte in size.
There are a number of reasons that older IDE drives may not be detected, including the following:
The drive uses PIO (Programmed Input/Output) mode and not DMA (Direct Memory Access).
The drive is non-ATA or is using an ATA mode that predates the chipset's compatibility (usually older than ATA-4).
The sector size is not 512 bytes.
Unfortunately there is no workaround in these situations. An older system or an older IDE controller card must be used to access older IDE drives.
To determine if your hard drive will work in this device, on the product page, click the Technical Specifications tab, and do the following:
- Make sure that the device supports the storage size of your hard drive. If the storage size of your hard drive is larger than what the device was tested with, the hard drive will likely still work with the enclosure.
- Confirm that your hard drive uses the same interface type as the device. For example, IDE, SATA, or M.2.
- Make sure that the device supports the physical size of your hard drive, such as 2.5 inches or 3.5 inches.
- Verify that the power consumption of your hard drive doesn’t exceed the power output of the device. If you’re using multiple hard drives, make sure that the combined power consumption of all of the hard drives doesn’t exceed the power output of the docking station.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.