USB-C 10Gbps to M.2 NVMe SSD Enclosure - Portable External M.2 NGFF PCIe Aluminum Case - 1GB/s Read/Write - Supports 2230, 2242, 2260, 2280 - TB3 Compatible - Mac & PC
External NVMe Enclosure | Thunderbolt™ 3 Compatible | USB-C Cable Included
Product ID: M2E1BMU31C
- HIGH PERFORMANCE: M.2 NVMe STORAGE: USB-C storage for your PCIe M.2 SSD. This enclosure features USB 3.1 Gen 2 (10Gbps) with UASP support & PCIe 3.0 for read/write data transfer speeds up to 1GB/s.
- DURABLE & PORTABLE: Aluminum housing protects the M.2 NGFF SSD and features ventilation holes for heat dissipation to ensure consistency at all performance levels. Ideal for data backup and recovery.
- BROAD DRIVE COMPATIBILITY: Compatible with M-Key PCI Express drives sized 2230/2242/2260/2280 including Samsung 950/960/970, Kingston, Seagate, Western Digital (WD), HP, and Intel SSD drives.
This compact M.2 NVMe SSD Enclosure for PCIe SSDs is a highly portable, high-performance data storage solution for your USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 enabled devices.
Leverage the high speeds of your M.2 NVMe drive, with this external SSD enclosure. It delivers USB 3.1 Gen 2 read/write speeds up to 10Gbps, which is nearly twice the capability of traditional M.2 SATA enclosures and USB 3.1 Gen 1. NVMe allows users to take full advantage of the throughput available to USB 3.1 Gen 2, which would not be possible with a SATA drive.
This fan-less aluminum enclosure features ventilation holes for maximum heat dissipation, ensuring your drive operates noiselessly at an optimal temperature to preserve performance.
This slim, pocket-sized enclosure for PCIe based NVMe is specially designed for mobility, with a small form-factor design that fits easily into your laptop bag. Its lightweight, yet durable aluminum housing helps to ensure your drive won’t be damaged while you’re on the move.
The M.2 NVMe enclosure works with tablets, laptops, desktop computers and hosts that are equipped with USB Type-C and Thunderbolt 3 ports. It's also backward compatible with USB 3.1 Gen 1, making it a convenient solution for the office or other workplace environments.
Additionally, the enclosure supports plug-and-play installation, making it the perfect accessory for professionals on the go.
M2E1BMU31C is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Create a portable, high-performance storage solution
- Access your NVMe drive externally with ultra-fast transfer speeds
- Superior speeds are ideal for data-migration related tasks
- Ideal for professionals who require high-speed data access
- Perfect for data recovery, backup or repair
|Bus Type||USB 3.1 Gen 2|
|Chipset ID||ASMedia - ASM2362|
|Compatible Drive Types||M.2 (PCIe, NVMe, M-Key, NGFF)|
|Drive Size||22 mm - M.2 NVMe|
|Interface||USB 3.1 Gen 2|
|Number of Drives||1|
|Supported Drive Height(s)||2230|
|General Specifications||Not compatible with M.2 SATA or AHCI based SSDs|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||10 Gbps|
|Type and Rate||USB 3.1 Gen 2 - 10 Gbit/s|
|NVMe (PCIe Gen 3)|
|Host Connectors||1 - M.2 (PCIe, M-Key, NVMe, NGFF)|
|1 - USB 3.1 USB Type C (10 pin, Gen 2, 10 Gbps) Female|
|OS Compatibility||OS independent; No software or drivers required|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|Note||Windows 7 and earlier Windows versions do not support TRIM with USB storage devices.|
|LED Indicators||1 - Power & Activity|
|Humidity||Operation Humidity: 10% ~ 90% RH
Storage Humidity: 5% ~ 95% RH
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-10°C to 65°C (14°F to 149°F)|
|Material||Aluminum and Plastic|
|Product Height||1.3 cm [0.5 in]|
|Product Length||10.8 cm [4.3 in]|
|Product Width||40 mm [1.6 in]|
|Weight of Product||65 g [2.3 oz]|
|Package Height||35 mm [1.4 in]|
|Package Length||15.4 cm [6.1 in]|
|Package Width||10.6 cm [4.2 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||0.2 kg [0.3 lb]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - Drive Enclosure|
|1 - Set of M.2 Mounting Hardware (Installed)|
|1 - Screwdriver|
|1 - USB-C to USB-C Cable (50 cm)|
|1 - Quick-Start Guide|
Add the fast performance of an M.2 NVMe SSD to your desktop computer or server by converting the drive through a U.2 (SFF-8639) compatible interface on your motherboard
Add high-performance enterprise-class storage to your PC or server, by connecting a 2.5” PCIe U.2 SSD
Mount a 2.5" U.2 NVMe SSD into your desktop computer or server, using an available PCIe expansion slot
Mount both PCIe (NVMe) and SATA based M.2 SSDs inside your computer using this PCI Express adapter card
Add U.2 PCIe NVMe SSD performance to your desktop computer or server, by connecting a U.2 SSD to an M.2 PCIe x4 host interface
Connect a PCIe M.2 SSD (NVMe or AHCI) to your computer through PCI Express for ultra-fast data access
Turn your solid state drive into an ultra-portable pocket drive
Turn your M.2 SATA drive into an ultra-fast, ultra-portable storage solution for USB-C enabled devices
Turn two M.2 SATA drives into ultra-fast, portable storage with RAID for increased performance or redundancy
Connect a USB Type-C device to your laptop or desktop computer with reduced clutter
USB-A to USB-C™ Cable | USB-IF Certified | USB 3.1 (10Gbps)
Connect your USB Type-C devices, with reduced clutter
Connect your USB Type-C devices
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
Yes, this device supports the TRIM command. If the OS issues a TRIM command, the command will be passed to the connected device.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.