USB 3.1 (10Gbps) mSATA Drive Enclosure - Aluminum
Turn your mSATA or mSATA Mini drive into a portable, high performance storage solution over USB 3.1 Gen 2
Product ID: SMS1BMU313
- Add fast external storage to your laptop or desktop computer using an mSATA drive
- Maximize the performance of your mSATA SSD with USB 3.1 Gen 2 (10Gbps) connectivity
- Compatible with mSATA and mSATA Mini (full-height and half-height mSATA drives)
Add high-speed data storage to your laptop or desktop computer, with this portable mSATA and mSATA Mini drive enclosure. It gives you fast data transfer speeds with USB 3.1 (10Gbps) in a solid aluminum enclosure.
Durable and portable
With its compact design and metal housing, the mSATA drive enclosure gives you a highly portable, high-speed storage solution. Slim and stylish, the enclosure makes the ideal accessory for laptop or desktop computers.
The mSATA enclosure provides dependable drive protection with its durable, solid aluminum housing. It also features ventilation holes to help protect your drive from overheating by allowing heat to dissipate and help maintain an optimum operating temperature.
Ultra-fast data transfer speeds
With support for USB 3.1 (also known as USB 3.1 Gen 2) and SATA III (6Gbps) host connections, the drive enclosure lets you maximize the performance of your mSATA solid-state drives to achieve greater data transfer speeds. The mSATA drive enclosure also supports UASP for enhanced performance.
Compatible with all mSATA drives
This portable drive enclosure is compatible with all standard mSATA drives, including the mSATA Mini (Half-Size) form factor.
The SMS1BMU313 is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
Mobile professionals who need fast external data storage
Quickly add portable external storage to your laptop or desktop using an mSATA SSD
Move data quickly and easily between multiple workstations using a high speed connection
|Chipset ID||ASMedia - ASM1351|
|Compatible Drive Types||mSATA (Mini SATA)|
|Drive Size||mSATA (Full Size & Half Size)|
|Interface||USB 3.1 Gen 2|
|Number of Drives||1|
|Supported Drive Height(s)||Full Size (50.8mm)|
|Half Size (26.8mm)|
|Max Drive Capacity||Currently tested with up to 1TB mSATA drives|
|Type and Rate||USB 3.1 Gen 2 - 10 Gbit/s|
|SATA III (6 Gbps)|
|Drive Connectors||1 - mSATA (52 pin, Mini SATA) Slot|
|Host Connectors||1 - USB 3.1 USB Type Micro-B (10 pin, Gen 2, 10 Gbps) Female|
|OS Compatibility||OS independent; No software or drivers required|
|LED Indicators||1 - Power and Activity|
|Max Drive Height||50.8 mm [2 in]|
|Product Height||12 mm [0.5 in]|
|Product Length||98 mm [3.9 in]|
|Product Weight||58 g [2 oz]|
|Product Width||40 mm [1.6 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||134 g [4.7 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - USB 3.1 mSATA SSD enclosure - aluminum|
|1 - USB A to Micro B cable - 18.25 inches|
|4 - assembly screws|
|2 - sets of mSATA mount hardware (preinstalled)|
|1 - screwdriver|
|1 - quick start guide|
Get ready for ultra-fast USB 3.1 Gen 2 data storage using your 2.5” SSD or HDD
The high-speed, high-capacity data storage solution you’ve been waiting for – with USB 3.1 Gen 2
Dock two of your 2.5” and 3.5” SATA drives over high performance USB 3.1 Gen 2 with UASP
Dock your 2.5" or 3.5" SATA drive over high performance USB 3.1 with UASP
Connect a 2.5" SATA SSD/HDD to your computer using this USB 3.1 Gen 2 ultra-portable cable
Turn your M.2 SATA drive into an ultra-fast, ultra-portable storage solution for USB-C enabled devices
Connect a USB 3.0 Micro USB External Hard drive to your computer
Minimize clutter and position your USB 3.0 Micro devices near your desktop or laptop computer easily, with a thin, flexible cable
Connect a USB 3.0 Micro USB external hard drive to your computer
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
To determine if your hard drive will work in this enclosure, on the product page, click the Technical Specifications tab, and do the following:
- Make sure that the enclosure supports the storage size of your hard drive. If the storage size of your hard drive is larger than what the enclosure was tested with, the hard drive will likely still work with the enclosure.
- Confirm that your hard drive uses the same interface type as the enclosure. For example, IDE, SATA, or M.2.
- Make sure that the enclosure supports the physical size of your hard drive, such as 2.5 inches or 3.5 inches.
- Make sure that the enclosure supports the height of your hard drive. For example, 9 mm or 15 mm.
- Verify that the power consumption of your hard drive doesn’t exceed the power output of the enclosure. If you’re using multiple hard drives, make sure that the combined power consumption of all of the hard drives doesn’t exceed the power output of the enclosure.
USB 3.1 is the most recent version of the USB (Universal Serial Bus) standard for connecting computers and electronic devices. It is capable of data transfer speeds up to 10Gbps, and while it can use the USB-C connector type, it can also use a variety of other connector types. To achieve USB 3.1 transfer speeds, your USB host connection, cables, and device must all support USB 3.1. USB 3.1 is also known as USB 3.1 Gen 2 (10Gbps).
USB 3.0 is capable of data transfer speeds up to 5Gbps. USB 3.0 is also known as USB 3.1 Gen 1 (5Gbps).
USB 3.1 is backwards compatible with USB 3.0 and USB 2.0, except in the following scenarios:
- USB-B 3.1 cables are not compatible with USB-B 2.0 ports.
- Unless you use an adapter, USB-C ports or cables will not work with USB-A or USB-B ports or cables.
- Devices that require USB 3.1 transfer speeds of 10Gbps might not work with USB 3.0 or USB 2.0, or you might experience lower transfer speeds and impacted performance.
- Bus-powered USB devices that requires more power than what USB 2.0 can provide are not compatible with USB 2.0.
To transfer data at speeds of 10Gbps, you need to confirm that the following components in your setup support USB 3.1:
- The USB host connection
- The USB cable
- The USB device and any subcomponents (for example, a hard drive docking station and the hard drives in the docking station)
Note: USB 3.1 is also known as USB 3.1 Gen 2 (10Gbps). Devices that support USB 3.1 should have the USB 3.1 symbol on them. If the USB 3.1 symbol does not appear on your USB source or device, refer to the information provided by the manufacturer to confirm whether the USB source or device support USB 3.1.
The included USB cable for this USB 3.1 Gen 2 device has been tested and verified to perform at USB 3.1 Gen 2 speeds of 10Gbps.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.