10/100 Multi Mode Fiber Copper Fast Ethernet Media Converter ST 2 km
Convert and extend a 10/100 Mbps Ethernet connection up to 2 km over Multi Mode ST fiber
Product ID: MCM110ST2EU
The MCM110ST2EU 10/100 Multi Mode ST Fiber Ethernet Media Converter (2 km) creates a cost-effective Ethernet to fiber link, transparently converting to/from 10Base-T or 100Base-Tx Ethernet signals and 100Base-Fx optical signals to extend an Ethernet network connection over a multimode fiber backbone.
The ST media converter supports a maximum multimode fiber optic cable distance of 2km (1.2 miles), providing a simple solution for connecting 10Base-T/100Base-Tx Ethernet networks to remote locations using ST-terminated multimode fiber, while delivering solid network performance and scalability.
Easy to setup and install, this compact, value-conscious fast Ethernet media converter features auto-switching MDI and MDI-X support on the RJ45 UTP connections as well as manual controls for UTP mode, speed, Full and Half Duplex, as well as LFP (Link Fault pass-through) on/off.
Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Provides connectivity to a user or network segment that is in an isolated area of a large complex or in another building altogether
- Perfect for secure environments required by government agencies where EMI is not acceptable
- Connect traffic control/monitoring systems at extreme distances to the main office
- Extend network connectivity to remote areas of stadiums, auditoriums or other venues
- Converts 10/100Base-T Ethernet to 100Base-FX fiber optic signals over multimode fiber cable
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Improve network scalability by increasing the distances between network points by up to 2km (Multi-mode)
- Compact, lightweight enclosure is easily mounted or placed into any location with little to no configuration needed
- Provides increased bandwidth and high data throughput by eliminating network bottlenecks and congestion
|Industry Standards||IEEE 802.3 10BASE-T|
|IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-FX|
|IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX|
|Fiber Operating Mode||Half/Full-Duplex|
|Max Transfer Distance||2 km (1.2 mi)|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||10/100Mbps|
|Optical Power||-14 ~ -20 dBm|
|Power Budget||11 dB|
|Local Unit Connectors||1 - Fiber Optic ST Duplex Female|
|1 - RJ-45 Female|
|LED Indicators||1 - Ethernet Link & Activity (ON - Fiber Link ok, Blinking - Activity on Fiber Link)|
|1 - FEF [Far End Fault](On - Fault Detected, Off - No Fault)|
|1 - Fiber Link & Activity (On - Fiber Link ok, Blinking - Activity on Fiber Link)|
|1 - Full ( Full duplex / Half duplex)|
|1 - Power|
|1 - Speed (10 or 100 Mbps)|
|Center Tip Polarity||Positive|
|Input Voltage||100 ~ 240 AC|
|Output Voltage||12 DC|
|Power Consumption (In Watts)||2.4|
|Power Source||AC Adapter Included|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-10°C to 70°C (14°F to 158°F)|
|Product Height||2 cm [0.8 in]|
|Product Length||75 mm [3 in]|
|Product Width||95 mm [3.7 in]|
|Weight of Product||90.5 g [3.2 oz]|
|Package Height||65 mm [2.6 in]|
|Package Length||14.5 cm [5.7 in]|
|Package Width||17.5 cm [6.9 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||0.3 kg [0.6 lb]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - Media Converter|
|1 - Power Adapter|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Extend your 10/100Mbps network by up to 1km over Ethernet or RJ11 phone lines
Convert an RJ-45 Ethernet 10/100 network connection to SC MultiMode fiber
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
Different optical cables are needed for different applications. Before you select a cable to interconnect fiber devices, make sure that the following things match:
Mode: Single Mode or Multi Mode.
Wavelength: For example, 850 nm, 1310 nm, or 1550 nm.
Note: The above properties cannot be converted or changed by a cable.
When you select a cable, make sure that the cable ends (for example, LC, SC, ST, or MT) match the fiber media devices.
Simplex and duplex ends are available for most connector types. Simplex cables have the connectors separate, where duplex cables have the transmit (TX) and receive (RX) connectors joined together. StarTech.com fiber media devices are compatible with simplex and duplex connectors.
It does not matter which diameter or OM classification the cable uses, as long as it meets the mode requirement.
Fiber media converters can be used to convert a standard Ethernet connection to a standard fiber connection, or can be used to extend a copper Ethernet network. When you use fiber media converters to extend a copper Ethernet network, make sure that the same fiber standards are being used on either end of the fiber network.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.