2 Port USB VGA Cable KVM Switch with Audio
Control 2 VGA and USB computers from a single console with this all in one cable KVM
Product ID: SV215MICUSBA
The SV215MICUSBA 2 Port USB VGA Cable KVM Switch with Audio offers a high resolution (up to 2048x1536) solution for accessing and controlling two desktop computers from a single KVM (Keyboard, Video, Mouse) peripheral set.
A complete solution, this cable-style KVM switch includes all of the cables and connections required to share one monitor, keyboard and mouse, as well as speakers, across two computers. Plus, the switch features independent audio/microphone switching to ensure an uninterrupted audio experience, even when switching between computers.
Compatible with Mac, Linux or PC based computers the SV215MICUSBA is the perfect addition for a broad range of environments, and because of its space-saving “KVM-on-a-cable” design, no desk space is required for installation - an ideal choice for most environments, including SOHO (small or home offices), gaming, multimedia production workstations and more.
Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Independent audio switching for uninterrupted audio playback
- Completely integrated micro design with an included remote selector helps to reduce desk clutter
- High Resolution support for greater compatibility with newer and larger monitors
Ideal for desktops, workstations and servers that require full multi-media support
Ideal for graphic designers, engineers, multi-media designers, and industries using CAD/CAM applications, where high resolution display units are required
Sharing computers and attached peripherals in the home/SOHO/multimedia environment
|Number of Monitors Supported||1|
|PC Video Type||VGA|
|Maximum Analog Resolutions||2048x1536|
|Maximum Number of Users||1|
|Port Selection Support||Push Button and Hotkeys|
|Console Interface(s)||2 - VGA (15 pin, High Density D-Sub) Male|
|4 - 3.5 mm Mini-Jack (3 Position) Male|
|4 - USB Type-A (4 pin) USB 2.0 Male|
|Host Connectors||1 - VGA (15 pin, High Density D-Sub) Female|
|2 - 3.5 mm Mini-Jack (3 Position) Female|
|2 - USB Type-A (4 pin) USB 2.0 Female|
|OS Compatibility||OS independent; No software or drivers required|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|Note||One host cable is 47 inches long, the other is 24 inches. Remote selector cable is 70 inches long|
|Product Height||260 mm [10.2 in]|
|Product Length||810 mm [31.9 in]|
|Product Weight||400 g [14.1 oz]|
|Product Width||690 mm [27.2 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||0.6 kg [1.2 lb]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - 2 Port Integrated KVM|
|1 - Remote Selector|
|1 - Manual|
Drivers & Downloads
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
KVM stands for Keyboard Video Mouse and KVM switches allow you to switch the use of a keyboard, display and mouse between multiple computers. KVM switches also commonly let you switch audio and USB devices between computers.
There are different types of KVM switches as well.
- Standard box KVM switches. (e.g. SV231USB)
- Cable KVM switches. (e.g. SV211USB)
- Multi-Monitor KVM switches. (e.g. SV231DDUSB)
- IP KVM switches. (e.g. SV841HDIE)
Standard box and cable KVM switches are a simple way to switch the use of a keyboard, display, and mouse between multiple computers. Multi-monitor KVM switches allow you to switch multiple displays between computers, and IP KVM switches allow you to remotely control the KVM switch and connected computers over a network.
Here are some important things to consider before purchasing a KVM switch.
- How many computers do you need to control? Purchase a KVM switch that supports the number of computers in your setup.
- Which video connections do your computers and display(s) support? It is best practice to use the same video connections wherever possible.
- Will you be using a PS/2 or USB mouse and keyboard?
- Do you need multiple monitor support? Ensure every computer can support the number of monitors you are looking to use in your setup.
- Do you need audio support?
- What resolution(s) do you want your display(s) running at? The KVM switch must support the resolution(s) you want to use.
- Would you like hotkey support? Some KVM switches support the use of hotkey combinations to complete tasks such as switching between computers.
There are a couple of other important things you may want to take note of:
- Some KVM switches require proprietary cables to function. These KVM cables may vary by each KVM switch. For StarTech.com KVM switches that require proprietary cables, the KVM switches will either come with these cables, or they will be listed in the Accessories tab on the individual product pages. For more information, see our video dedicated to KVM switch cables.
- Basic mice and keyboards are recommended for use with KVM switches. Wireless, gaming or combo mice and keyboards (mice and keyboards that use a single USB connection / receiver for both units) can cause performance issues, and in general, are not supported for use with KVM switches.
It can be difficult to tell which ones are right for the KVM switch you are interested in. How can you tell which KVM cables you require? How can you tell if a KVM switch requires proprietary cables? How do these cables work?
Standard KVM Switches and Cables
Note: You will need one bundle of KVM cables per computer you want to connect to the KVM switch.
Standard KVM switches have no special cable requirements. If you have spare video and PS/2 or USB cables, you can use them to hook up the KVM switch to your computers. StarTech.com still sells KVM cable packages, but they are just for the convenience of buying them in bundles and usually involve some savings. Keep in mind that even if you have some of the cables you need, it still might be advantageous to buy the bundle.
KVM Switches with Opposite Gender Video Connections
Some KVM switches use male video connections for the computers and female video connections for the console ports. In this case you simply need a video extension cable, or a KVM cable package appropriate to the KVM switch. This is so you cannot accidentally plug cables from your computer into the console ports.
KVM Switches Requiring Proprietary Cables
KVM switches can also use proprietary KVM cables to connect to the individual computers. This is often done with larger KVM switches and KVM switches intended for a server environment. These cables use a proprietary pinout which does not conform to the video standard in use, as the cable carries both the video and PS/2 or USB data along a single cable.
If you are unsure whether or not you need special cables, complete the following:
- Check the Technical Specifications tab on the individual product pages for What's in the Box. This section lists everything that comes with your purchase, and your KVM switch might come with the cables.
- Check the Accessories tab. This section lists potential accessories for the product you are looking at. StarTech.com will list the appropriate KVM cables for the KVM switch here.
- Check the Gallery and look at a picture of the back of the KVM switch.
Note: If there are no PS/2 or USB ports on the back of the KVM switch other than for the console, you will require proprietary cables.
If at this point you require further assistance in deciding which cables to purchase with your StarTech.com KVM switch, contact our technical support team.
Whether a specific mouse or keyboard will work with StarTech.com KVM switches can depend on the type of mouse or keyboard you use. Any mice with additional functionality or keyboards that are not standard 104 key keyboards could cause issues. This includes wireless, gaming, combination (one USB receiver for both the mouse and keyboard), and Apple keyboards. We recommend that you use a standard wired mouse and keyboard with our KVM switches, especially when you troubleshoot issues.
If you cannot get a specific mouse or keyboard to work with your KVM switch, connect the mouse or keyboard into the USB hub ports, if available (they are marked on the back of the KVM switch). If the KVM switch has hotkey functionality, you will lose the functionality when using these hub ports.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.