How do I install this device in Windows 7 / 8?
Before you install drivers and software for the device, make sure that your operating system is current (for example, the most recent service pack is installed).
- Download the latest drivers and software from the StarTech.com website at www.startech.com/Support. The part number and product ID are on the product packaging.
Note: Windows usually saves the files to the Downloads folder that is associated with your user account (for example, C:\Users\your_name\Downloads).
- After the download is complete, right-click the zip folder that you downloaded, click Extract All, and complete the instructions.
- In the list of extracted files, right-click the driver or software setup.exe file and select Run as Administrator.
Note: If the Run as Administrator option is not available, you might be attempting to run the installer from within the zipped file. Extract the files using the instructions in Step 2.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to install the device drivers and software and restart the computer when prompted.
- Your computer will automatically complete the installation and your device should be ready to use.