I cannot detect the device in the USB server software. What do I do?
If the device is not detected in the USB Server software, complete the following:
- Make sure that the computer is on the same network as the device.
- By default, the device uses DHCP. On a network that is plug-and-play, the device is assigned an IP address by the DHCP server and is detected by a computer that is on the same network as the device.
- To troubleshoot the device, connect it directly to a computer on the 192.168.1 network. For more information about configuring the USB Server software, refer to the following FAQ: http://www.startech.com/faq/ipusb2vga_ipusb2hd2_usb_server_software.
- If the network configuration of the device was changed, you cannot complete a hardware reset to put the unit back on 192.168.1.50. Instead, you need to obtain the static IP address from the person who modified the server.
- Wait 5 minutes for the USB Server software to detect the device.
- Move the device to a less congested network.