How do I add the printer server to my computer in Mac OS?
Before you add the printer connected to the print server to your computer, you need to configure the print server for your network. For more information about how to configure your print server, refer to the following FAQ: https://www.startech.com/faq/print_servers_alternate_setup.
To add the printer connected to the print server to your computer, complete the following:
- Click the Apple icon.
- Click System Preferences > Printers & Scanners.
- At the bottom of the list of printers, click +.
- On the Add screen, click IP.
- In the Address field, enter the IP address of the print server.
- In the Protocol drop-down list, click Line Printer Daemon – LPD or LPR.
- To add the name and location of the printer, complete the Name and Location fields.
- In the Use drop-down list, select the driver for the printer.
- Click Add.