In Windows 10, how do I add the printer to my computer from my print server?
In Windows 10, to add a printer to your computer, you need to create a print server port.
Before you create the print server port, you need to configure your print server for the network. For more information about how to configure your print server, refer to the following FAQ: https://www.startech.com/faq/print-servers-pm1115u2-alternate-setup.
To create a print server port, complete the following:
- Press the Windows key.
- Click Settings > Devices > Bluetooth > Printers > Mouse > Add a printer > The printer that I want isn't listed.
- Select the Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings check box, and click Next.
- Select Create a new port.
- Change the type of port to Standard TCP/IP Port, and click Next.
- In the Hostname or IP address field, enter the IP address of the print server, and click Next.
- Click Custom > Settings > LPR.
- Under LPR Settings, enter a Queue Name. The queue name can be any set of numbers or letters.
- Click OK > Next.
- Select a driver from the list, and click Next.
- Click Next until you are asked if you want to print a test page. To confirm that the printer was successfully added, send a test page to your printer.